longecity.org is blacklisted on bing.com search

search engines

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

the website doesn't show up AT ALL when searched for on bing. no problem with google search from the same device.

also, longecity is glitchy on MS Edge browser.  looks like MS doesn't like longecity much.

#2 Oakman

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:54 PM

That's truly bizarre! I put "longecity.org" in Bing and EVEN THEN, it doesn't link to the site, only its Facebook page. I've not been to Bing in literally YEARS!! Just proves why it $ucks so bad...

Edited by Oakman, 17 June 2018 - 07:54 PM.

#3 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:06 AM

I also avoid Bing, but tried it in Firefox. Got a result. It was first in the list "longecity"   also "longecity NR" Google comes up with a lot of different longecity links. Bing sucks.

Attached File  Screenshot-2018-6-17 longecity - Bing.png   27.38KB   0 downloads

Edited by Heisok, 18 June 2018 - 02:11 AM.

#4 aim1

• 102 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:18 AM

I have no problem searching Longecity on Bing.
Comes up on top.
  • Good Point x 1

#5 BioInfinite

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:20 PM

Must've been a glitch... unless its a particular region that has been blacklisted. I can find here on bing in Australia.

#6 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

I have proactively registered us with Bing in response to the first post. I don't know whether that has already borne fruit or it was just a glitch anyway. 

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#7 jack black

• Topic Starter
  • 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:53 PM

I have proactively registered us with Bing in response to the first post. I don't know whether that has already borne fruit or it was just a glitch anyway. 

works for me now at work (win 7, firefox).

will try again at home (win 10, edge).

#8 YOLF

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:57 PM

As I've been studying SEO, I've realized LC is getting docked 'points' for not censoring posts about illicit drug use, even with google. I think we'd get alot more traffic if we did start censoring and deleting anything related to anything on anyone's scheduled substance list... or at least the big ones, like those of the USA, UK, AU, and other predominantly English speaking places. Even if the discussions are academic in nature, there is always a risk that people who don't speak the best english or those who want to get our SEO rank penalized will post things that produce false positives and given the sheer size of the LC forum it would be extremely difficult to curate that much content. 

Or perhaps move all of those posts to a hidden forum viewable only to paid members and invisible to search engines as that would sell more memberships. The William O'Rights forum might also be a good candidate for hiding too.

Anyways, I know bing crawls LC, because it shows up as a user in the active users section along with google, alexa, yahoo, and others. So compliance is definitely our problem, but this is likely to be the biggest part of it.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • dislike x 1

#9 YOLF

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

I think it's also worth considering that if we lost bing's trust to some extent, that some of the other search engines could change their minds as well. Policies in the US are changing fast and affecting how businesses operate, we should stay on top of these things.

#10 jack black

• Topic Starter
  • 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:22 AM

it happened again. no LC found by bing, while google has no problems.

Attached Files

Edited by jack black, 29 July 2018 - 02:24 AM.

#11 YOLF

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

I suppose the other thing it could be is that we don't have bing ads on our site... perhaps if we had them in our rotation they might think again about blacklisting us.

• Good Point x 1

#12 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:20 AM

Why guess? Can't you  just contact them and ask the reason and what you can do on your end to change the situation?

What if it's something else?

#13 YOLF

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:56 PM

I'm not sure what kind of support they have, but everything you need to know is in the documentation and legal agreements, some of it legal. SEO experts are to my eyes the people you pay if you don't want to read and implement the directions. I think as a programmer, my struggle is whether to memorize, annotate, and homogenize the various documentations of the various search engines and recondition myself writing articles using this new style (several days of work), or just learning/practicing more job related programming skills to make myself more marketable. Websites are generally a long term investment. 

But generally speaking, for any search engine, they want you to make them money. If your site can make more money for more search engines, they will get more traffic in general. We also don't have yahoo ads and we're nowhere to be found on their search engine. What we need to do is have advertising from as many platforms as possible queued into a rotation and I've just thought of a plugin to improve forum SEO ranking that I might work on someday.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#14 blind12

• 77 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

You are not getting results because dumbsmart search engines assume Longecity is a typo for longevity
  • Cheerful x 2
  • Good Point x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users