• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How do you 'make' Lion's Mane supplements?

lionsmane

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:54 PM

Okay, you buy some Lion's Mane...what do you do next?

Actually, scrap that. How do you grow Lion's Mane locally (North America) and how do you take nootropics benefits from it and put it in the pill? Does anyone have a farming-supplement-making guide?

• unsure x 1

#2 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

>what do you do next?

You take it?

>how do you take nootropics benefits from it and put it in the pill?

You put the powder in the pill. If you want less material, you make an extract - hydroalcoholic should be good.

A 'supplement' is not different from its ingredients.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Forever21

• Topic Starter
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:24 PM

So let's start with this. Where do you acquire the ..... "seed"? to start planting the thing?

#4 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:50 AM

I tried growing Lion's Mane and all I grew was trichoderma. It's extremely difficult to sterilize the environment and prevent trichoderma.

Would only recommend you trying to grow lion's mane if you do it outside or if you use a ton of starters inside. I tried both outside and inside with no success.

You can use a syringe with lion's mane spores in it or a wooden "plug" which lion's mane is already growing on. I recommend wooden plugs. Use the plug by drilling a hole in a tree and hammering the wooden plug into the tree and sealing it off with a sealent like wax. But this will take years to grow. Or you can use the plug in a bag with growth medium.

Get a suitable growth medium and add sufficient lion's mane to the growth medium. If you add sufficient lion's mane then it should in theory overwhelm trichoderma and other unwanted stuff..

Edited by Believer, 13 July 2018 - 06:58 AM.

#5 Forever21

• Topic Starter
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:18 PM

Oh God. Seems like a challenge right from the start.

#6 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:34 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...wing lions mane

#7 Forever21

• Topic Starter
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

http://bfy.tw/J1j6

#8 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:57 AM

What’s everyone’s dosage? The recommended dose seems to be pretty vast as it varies from 500mg-3000mg.

#9 Oakman

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:27 AM

What I used said "4g the 1st 3 wks, then 2g/day".  Also, "Add to your favorite juice, smoothie or recipe", no mention of caps, though 2 size '000' capsules should get close. I just used it like they said. It was organic, ~$30 for 100 servings of 2g. I'd say you'd really have to want to grow it to bother. For myself, I only want the benefits of Lion''s Mane, not its horticulture.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:02 PM

What’s everyone’s dosage? The recommended dose seems to be pretty vast as it varies from 500mg-3000mg.

Dosage is determined by the % of active ingredients and your bodyweight. Examine.com always leaves that out....

Since there is no actual data about this it is trial and error I guess. Oriveda recommends 1 grams daily of their powdered alcohol extract. I decided to take 2 grams and it works OK for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lionsmane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users