• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What Supplements Should I take For Overall Health?

supplements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

Currently I take these daily:

NAC

NR

Omega 3 from Krill Oil

VITAMIN D 

Iodine 

Creatine

Im looking for supplements just for anything that can improve body somehow, be it energy, strength, brain function, increase oxygen to body or whatever etc... thank you.

#2 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:34 AM

Baby aspirin
Creatine
Epa&dha
Curcumin
B-vitamins
D
Melatonin
Cacao

Also maybe gingko, taurine, C, resveratrol etc

+blueberries and eggs
  • like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:47 AM

If I don't take Vitamin-C, my gums bleed when I brush my teeth.  Low doses are hard to find, but I have a pill cutter, & cut mine in half.  More isn't always better.  

Along with Vitamin-D, Vitamin-E is the most commonly deficient vitamin in the standard American diet.  If you're not consciously seeking out dietary sources of E (nuts), a low dose of mixed toco Vitamin-E might be wise.  Vitamin-E is the bodies primary lipid antioxidant, & there really isn't much that can compensate for a deficiency of this.  Maintaining good iron homeostasis through blood donation or use of iron chelators like curcumin can reduce the need for Vitamin-E.  Iron acts as a catalyst for lipid oxidation, so the higher your ferritin (over 100), the more Vitamin-E becomes important. 

Magnesium is the most common mineral deficiency, & Mag-Citrate is the easiest on my tum.  When I take it before bed, it actually helps me to relax & sleep.  Again, I have to use the pill cutter as too much Mag-Citrate can cause loose bowels.  Sub-optimal mag can throw a lot of physiology out of whack.  

http://lpi.oregonsta...erals/magnesium

"Magnesium is involved in more than 300 essential metabolic reactions"

• Informative x 1

#4 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:06 PM

Regular:

melatonin 

zinc

magnesium

multivitamin

greens

beta-alanine

progesterone/pregnenolone/dhea (make sure hormones are in check)

whey/casein protein

amino acids

citrulline malate

pre workout/caffeine

Brain:

acetylcholine

glutamate

niacin 

SAM-E

Dopamine:

pea

uridine

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine

L-Dopa/Mucuna Pruriens

Serotonin:

Tryptophan

5-HTP 

Other:

Probiotics

coq10

Digestive Enzymes/proteolytic Enzymes

PQQ 
mitoq

D-Ribose

Diindolylmethane/estrogen blocker

Any opinions am I missing any important supplements?

Edited by farshad, 20 July 2018 - 12:09 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:47 PM

Along with Vitamin-D, Vitamin-E is the most commonly deficient vitamin in the standard American diet...

Magnesium is the most common mineral deficiency, ...

When I got really sick 10 years ago, i did analysis my micronutrient-intake with software. And tried to get at least the RDAs from natural foods by adding in and increasing foods with specific highest content. However, I still couldn't reach the RDA for some, and in the long run this approach seamed just too cumbersome, obsessive and not really practical to me. With which I wanted to say that deficiencies aren't only caused by a SAD, but with preconditions present even with a really varied and healthy whole-food diet. In my case confirmed with lab-testing.

In this thread I summarized the most common deficiencies, and the most essential and basic approach to prevent:

https://www.longecit...-mineral-stack/

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users