Nicotinamide Riboside + Metformin + excercise

metformin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 male_1978

• 109 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:10 AM

Hello Guys,

i am male, 40 years old and im am interested in stuff that can slow down aging. I already tried out NR alone for half a year now.

What i would like to do now is to add some metformin for its known anti aging properties. 

What do you think about it, could this work together or is it a bad idea? 

Thanks for all replies!

#2 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:26 AM

They're fine together. I'd cycle them though, 30 to 60 days on, 30 days off. Exercise should be a thing 4x a week but sometimes take a week off. 

Metformin in my experience seems to bring down my libido though, I dunno why.

Also, I tend to only take it during an extended fast because of its potent AMPK activation. I don't know if this is advisable or not but hey, we're all experimenters here.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 XenMan

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:11 AM

You will find lots of different views and opinions here on aging protocols.

I personally wouldn’t use Metformin because eating less carbs is easier and better for you. If you are fully informed, keen and have no side effects it has the potential for good things if taken constantly long term; the way diabetics use it. I would take NR constantly as well, as there is no suggestion of suppression in any studies, and if it gives you less of a hit after initial use it is just the body’s normalisation, as you get with most supplements.

I believe in an equal balance of macro nutrients, micro nutrients, exercise and meditation.

It is a view that you can take some pills, live a normal life and you will live longer and healthier. Others will say eat less, avoid this or do that. The reality is that human biology is complex and although many of the mechanisms of aging and life extension are known, long term effects aren’t.

My advice is to select a variety of strategies that both make you feel better now, have been proven to extend lifespan, as well as you can maintain happily long term.

When I was your age, what I found most beneficial was hormone modulation the for supplements, building a good pattern of exercise and exploring diet options such as fasting and ketogenic.

Good luck.

Edited by XenMan, 10 August 2018 - 03:15 AM.

• Disagree x 2
  • Agree x 1

#4 brian1965

• 44 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:45 AM

Anyone have suggestions on a good source of metformin, for non-diabetics?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#5 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:56 AM

They're fine together. I'd cycle them though, 30 to 60 days on, 30 days off. Exercise should be a thing 4x a week but sometimes take a week off.

Metformin in my experience seems to bring down my libido though, I dunno why.

Also, I tend to only take it during an extended fast because of its potent AMPK activation. I don't know if this is advisable or not but hey, we're all experimenters here.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...ubmed/11707532/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metformin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users