- - - - -

What would you do if you were 19?

lupron sandostatin octreotide lanreotide pituary

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aberilugi

• 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:10 PM

Hi, I am a 19 yo male and i'm looking for advice/criticism on my regimen. One could notice that these choice of drugs are not mainly for longevity reasons, and that would be true. I guess i identify as some form of non-binary gender. This is irrelevant though, it just means that you dont need to take fertility or preservation of secondary sex characteristics in to consideration, if you'd like to offer some advice. (also known as james41 road, lol)

Past two years and continuing :

• 50 mg/day Bicalutamide : Antagonist of androgen receptor
  • 60 mg/day Raloxifene (Evista) : Selective estrogen receptor modulator, basically acts as estrogen in bones and liver, estrogen blocker in breast tissue
  • 0.5 mg/day Dutasteride (Avodart) : Inhibitor of 5a-reductase, prevents Testesterone->DHT transformation, probably redundant with Bica

Past year and continuing :

• N-Acetyl Cysteine supplement 1200 mg
  • Garden variety of C, B3-12, D vitamin supplements. Levels checked like every 6 months.
  • Low protein and carb diet
  • General calorie restriction

Recently :

• Metformin 500 mg

My main problem with this is first part. I realize Bica-Ralo-Duta triangle cant go on for too long before causing unpredictable problems, but also i cant afford give up their effects.

I had thought of going on Goserelin(Zoladex). My main choice would be Lanreotide or Octreotide, so i can pull down the HPS axis real hard and micro-manage possible issues from there, but i cant afford it completely out of pocket. And getting it through official means would be get messy.

So just putting this out here, im all ears for any and all comments.

#2 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:38 PM

If I was a 19 non-binary individual I probably wouldn't take antiandrogens and proestrogens, which are going to probably fuck you up for life.

And, yes, I know that there are brain differences in the people with your characteristics that resemble the architecture of the brain of the people with the other sex, thus the necessity of adjusting the body to the mind. I believe that this is very likely caused by endrocrine disruptors, at least this is what happens in animal models; this circumstance is probably very painful for the ones that suffer it, but I don't think that further screwing your endocrine system is the solution.

I don't know if acceptance is psychologically possible, but I think that this would be the thing that hurt you the less over the long term.

Sorry if this was not the kind of reply that you were expecting, you may not like my point of view, and it is perfectly fine; but, please, keep in mind that I have just expressed what from my understanding may be best for you, I didn't want to offend you and I don't want to initiate an ideological debate.

Edited by William Sterog, 27 July 2018 - 03:40 PM.

• Well Written x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:36 AM

If I was 19, I would not be on this idiotic website. I would be eating right, exercising, and focusing on school and on living a full life. I would not be wasting my money on supplements that don't do anything. I would be avoiding drugs, tobacco, and excessive alcohol.
If I was 19, I would not be on this idiotic website. I would be eating right, exercising, and focusing on school and on living a full life. I would not be wasting my money on supplements that don't do anything. I would be avoiding drugs, tobacco, and excessive alcohol.
  • Good Point x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,047 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

If I was 19 I would not be too concerned with life extension supplements. I would exercise, eat a balanced diet, and get adequate sleep.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users