• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

NR and fibroids - can any biochemists advise?

fibroids niagen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 dontwakeme

• 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:57 AM

Hi all,

I have been wondering whether there is any reason why women with uterine fibroids (benign tumours which grow in uterus) should not take NR or NMN.  

I've seen some advice that suggests that people with cancer shouldn't take it, and am wondering by extension, whether it could also worsen benign tumours.  80 percent of women will have fibroids by age 50 apparently, so this is rather an issue.  They can cause all sorts of havoc.

I haven't been able to find much in the way of medical studies on this topic.  I did find this one: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5933080/

However, with my limited biochem knowledge, I can't really work out whether this is relevant or not.  Could any biochemists on here advise?

I'd really like to start taking Niagen but not if its gonna grow these suckers.

#2 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:53 PM

That's a good topic and I don't think anybody knows a good answer. When using cancer medication for sure it is a topic to discuss with the doctor. NR/NMN can rescue cells when under stress and I can see that happening too in case medication is used trying to energy starve the cancer.

On the other hand wold NR / NMN accelerate tumor growth? At least no study has turned up evidence. Also there are reports of users that observed shrinking of molds.What I have read of fibroids is that they thrive under oxidative stress and that is not something promoted by NR/NMN.

When I started using NR I decided to also use honokiol because of it strong anti-cancer properties. You want to consider taking curcumin that keep them in check:

https://www.tci-thai...icle/view/24226

The mean diameter of leiomyoma was statistically different at before and after 3 (4.74 ± 2.78 centimeters VS 4.64 ± 2.75 centimeters) and 6 months (4.74 ± 2.78 centimeters VS 4.46 ± 2.61 centimeters) curcumin intake.

or then better:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3742155/
The subjects were randomized to oral daily treatment with either 800 mg of green tea extract (45% EGCG) or placebo (800 mg of brown rice) for 4 months
Of the final 39 women recruited for the study, 33 were compliant and completed all five visits of the study. In the placebo group (n = 11), fibroid volume increased (24.3%) over the study period; however, patients randomized to green tea extract (n = 22, 800 mg/day) treatment showed significant reduction (32.6%, P = 0.0001) in total UF volume.

+ regular checkups.

• Informative x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

#3 dontwakeme

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:59 PM

Thanks Stefan! Thats really useful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fibroids, niagen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users