ADHD Medication without Sulfur

adhd medication

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 You_cant_handle_the_truth

• 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I've looked at a lot of ADHD Meds and all of them have Sulfur in them except for Mehylphenidate products. Does anyone know another one which doesn't have it?

Dextroamphetamine itself doesn't have Sulfur, however, they add Sulfur either by combining it with Dimesylate (Vyvanse) or Sulfates (Adderal, Dexedrine...)

Edited by You_cant_handle_the_truth, 04 August 2018 - 09:27 PM.

#2 AOIministrator

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:29 PM

But sulfur is healthy.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 RYAN474

• 45 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:06 AM

I'm curious, do you have a sulfur sensitivity? 

I take generic adderall IR.  I recently started working with a dietitian who put me on a low sulfur diet (unrelated to the adderall). My brain fog reduced significantly and my energy increased as soon as I went on this diet. Even if the adderall I take has some sulfur in it, the benefit is probably far outweighing the downside. 

#4 You_cant_handle_the_truth

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:25 AM

I'm curious, do you have a sulfur sensitivity? 

I take generic adderall IR.  I recently started working with a dietitian who put me on a low sulfur diet (unrelated to the adderall). My brain fog reduced significantly and my energy increased as soon as I went on this diet. Even if the adderall I take has some sulfur in it, the benefit is probably far outweighing the downside. 

Yes, I do. It's probably a mutation in the MTHFR and CBS enzymes and/or a deficiency in the Sulfite Oxidase enzyme. Whenever a eat Sulfites, Sulfates and Sulfur in general, I get problems such as 

- Extreme bloat

- Upper Abdominal Distension

- Dificult breathing

- Dificult Swallowing

- Extreme inflammation on the joints and the whole body

- Persistent cough

I've only found out that Vyvanse has sulfur these days, because most sources only show the Lisdexanfetamine part of the drug. The Sulfur is in the Dimesylate part, though. When I discovered this, it all made sense. The chemical structure of Lisdexanfetamine Dimesylate is attached to this post.

The Dimesylate part of the drug is also known as Methasulfonic Acid and it's broken down as follows

Methasulfonic Acid--> Sulfite + Formaldehyde

I've discovered all this recently, so, I'm still studying the subject, but have already started to take supplements which might be helpful 

- Supplements for the Sulfite Oxidase, MTHFR and CBS Enzymes

- Supplements to improve Liver function

- Supplements to improve Mitochondria (Sulfite Oxidase is made in the Mitochondrias)

- A lot of other supplements I already use

Vyvanse 70mg has 40.5 mg of Lisdexanfetamine and 39.5 of Dimesylate (Methasulfonic Acid) + Excepients. So, there's a significant amount of Sulfite formed from this Methasulfonic Acid

Adderall has a lot of Sulfur as well, maybe even more than Vyvanse. The only medicantion I found without Sulfur in the main drug was Adzenys XR-ODT, however it contains Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate as an excipient. The amount of Sulfur in Adzenys XR-ODT must be much lower than in other ADHD Drugs though. it's a shame it isn't sold in my country and its importation is illegal. I'm trying to get in the Black Market, though.

If you want me to write the supplements I have found to be useful for this, tell me. If you can't transform Sulfite into Sulfate and eliminate it from the body, then Sulfur isn't good for you; Sulfites cause a lot of problems

Attached Files

Edited by You_cant_handle_the_truth, 09 August 2018 - 01:52 AM.

#5 You_cant_handle_the_truth

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:27 AM

But sulfur is healthy.

It is, however, if you can't transform Sulfite into Sulfate and eliminate it from the body, then Sulfur is problematic.

Also, Sulfur is healthy from Alpha Lipoic Acid, MSM, food and so on

The Dimesylate or Methasulfonic Acid present in Vyvanse becomes Sulfite and Formaldehyde in the body. Read the post I've made above

Edited by You_cant_handle_the_truth, 09 August 2018 - 01:29 AM.

#6 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:50 PM

yes yes, but unless your diet is straight out of a Jackie Chan movie you probably get more sulfur from cystine and methionine in your foods than you do an 80mg adderall.  and i mean a lot more.  so much so that you are just missing the point about these meds, being highly psychotropic, and able to disrupt vast systems: dopamine, gene expression and more secrets of the cellar that put sulfur in the backseat

#7 You_cant_handle_the_truth

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:39 AM

yes yes, but unless your diet is straight out of a Jackie Chan movie you probably get more sulfur from cystine and methionine in your foods than you do an 80mg adderall. and i mean a lot more. so much so that you are just missing the point about these meds, being highly psychotropic, and able to disrupt vast systems: dopamine, gene expression and more secrets of the cellar that put sulfur in the backseat

Sulfur compounds are only a problem if they are Sulfites or become Sulfites in the body and only in people which have problems with the Sulfite Oxidase enzyme.

Sulfites need to be transformed into Sulfates and be eliminated, otherwise, they accumulate generating a lot of problems.

Problems such as extreme bloat, shortness of breath and inflammation, which make the use of Vyvanse, Modafinil and Adderall unviable.

A correction: 70mg Vyvanse has 40.5 mg of Lisdexamfetamine and 29.5 mg of Methanesulfonic Acid and excipients

About the neurotoxicity of amphetamines, elevation of blood pressure and other issues, I use supplements for that

Supplements such as Curcumin Longvida, Rhodiola Rosea, Boswellia, Melatonin, Magnesium L-Threonate, Lion's Mane and many others. I also sleep 8 hours a day and consume 1g of Protein per pound of body weight a day.

Edited by You_cant_handle_the_truth, 10 August 2018 - 04:51 AM.

#8 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:39 AM

Problems such as extreme bloat, shortness of breath and inflammation, which make the use of Vyvanse, Modafinil and Adderall unviable.

let's just focus on shortness of breath and why you think sulfur is to blame more than the stimulant itself because that will lead me into my next point

A correction: 70mg Vyvanse has 40.5 mg of Lisdexamfetamine and 29.5 mg of Methanesulfonic Acid and excipients

it's actually closer to 24mg but you should only be taking half that anyways

#9 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

let's just focus on shortness of breath and why you think sulfur is to blame more than the stimulant itself because that will lead me into my next point

Only half? 12.5mg amp would do nothing. They prescribe that dose to 6yr olds with add.

#10 You_cant_handle_the_truth

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:45 PM

Whenever I take Vyvanse, Modafinil, Cefuroxime Axetil (Antibiotic) or eat something with Sulfite (crackers I use to eat until very recently), I get the same symptoms. Of course that with the drugs, the symptoms are much stronger.

I'm using Ritalin right not without any problems, however it's a weaker drug. I've used Ephedra Leaves and DMAA before without any problem.

Both the Sulfur compund in Vyvanse (Mesylate= Methasulfonic Acid) and in Modafinil (Sulfinyl) become Sulfite in the body. 

Methanesulfonic Acid--> Formaldehyde + Sulfite

Sulfinyl---------------------> Sulfur Dioxide--> Sulfite

Also, my Homocysteine has reached 27.2 μmol/L with Vyvanse and it was 7.1 μmol/L and 8.2 μmol/L some months before starting it. I've just started using MethylFolate and MethylCobalamin by the way. Also, Molybdenum for the Sulfite Oxidase and other things including the Probiotic B. subtilus and Glycine (at night). Glycine plays a part in the formation of Sulfite Oxidase and Glyphosates disrupt the formation of Glycine by the body. Toxic Metals like arsenic can also interfere, that's why I'm using Curcumin (CuraMed), Chlorella, Spirulina and will buy Modified Citrus Pectin.

Without proper function of Sulfite Oxidase, Sulfites aren't converted at an optimal rate to Sulfate. Because of this, Sulfites must be elminated through the kidneys at a much lower rate, which leads to accumulation and a lot of problems.There's interesting information about it here: http://www.inchem.or...ono/v18je14.htm

I'm using Ritalin alongside a lot of Supplements, all well studied, and I'm getting better by the day. It has been a week since I stopped Vyvanse and four days since I last ate the cracker cookie with Bisulfite. It all points to problems in the Sulfite Oxidase, MTHFR and/or CBS.

Edited by You_cant_handle_the_truth, 11 August 2018 - 09:13 PM.

#11 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:12 AM

24mg out of 70 total.  half of 70, which 35.  yeah i'm going to stand by that even having no experience with the stuff.

i'm impressed with your theory on sulfur, but have you considered anything else that might explain your better reaction to ritalin than vyvanse?  medicines often thrive in pairs, respond badly to one and it's a good chance you'll respond well to another.  it's also possible you have a sulfur sensitivity because a lot of people can get away with these things to no effect

#12 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:16 AM

24mg out of 70 total. half of 70, which 35. yeah i'm going to stand by that even having no experience with the stuff.

i'm impressed with your theory on sulfur, but have you considered anything else that might explain your better reaction to ritalin than vyvanse? medicines often thrive in pairs, respond badly to one and it's a good chance you'll respond well to another. it's also possible you have a sulfur sensitivity because a lot of people can get away with these things to no effect

Vyvanse is only 40% amphetamine so 70mg is only 28mg

#13 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:50 AM

i'm seeing that it's 51% amphetamine by weight (263/135)

The recommended dose of Vyvanse is 30 mg once daily in the morning. The maximum recommended dose is 70 mg/day.

And what happens if you just take double, like 140?

Taken somewhat frequently at that dose, the drug's liable to substantially disrupt reward circuitry and baseline neurotransmitter levels. 80 mgs is well beyond therapeutic ranges, as you may know. Amphetamines, at any dose, undermine immune function. Used over time, high doses can weaken the heart muscle...

You can take over 100mg, but I really don't advise it. Stimulants aren't about feeling "intense" or "good." You're really looking for the wrong things out of the experience. Taking those kinds of doses and developing that level of tolerance has serious downsides, and the feelings you're looking for at that level can be better found in other drugs.

#14 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:26 AM

i'm seeing that it's 51% amphetamine by weight (263/135)

And what happens if you just take double, like 140?

http://www.uacap.org...equivalency.pdf

#15 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

is this from an academic source my man?  they seem nitpicky about certain things like how vyvanse is "A prodrug that is converted to dextroamphetamine by the hydrolytic activity of red blood cells", but what about adderall breaking down in the stomach or not assimilating fully in the intestines?  Medicine is a very approximate science, it doesn't make sense to keep 5 decimal places on your figures.  It's not good to decide your doses based on calculations like these.  One credible source already said 30-70mg max, and now here's the MayoClinic backing them up:

Adults—30 milligrams (mg) once a day in the morning. If needed, your doctor may slowly increase the dose until symptoms improve or a maximum dose of 70 mg per day is reached.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#16 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:58 PM

is this from an academic source my man? they seem nitpicky about certain things like how vyvanse is "A prodrug that is converted to dextroamphetamine by the hydrolytic activity of red blood cells", but what about adderall breaking down in the stomach or not assimilating fully in the intestines? Medicine is a very approximate science, it doesn't make sense to keep 5 decimal places on your figures. It's not good to decide your doses based on calculations like these. One credible source already said 30-70mg max, and now here's the MayoClinic backing them up:

I’ve only seen two calculations everywhere I look. One being 40% of Vyvanse is active dextroamphetamine and the other being Vyvanse x .2984= active dextroamphetamine. I would say I have a very high experience with Dextroamphetamine and Vyvanse and a 70mg Vyvanse feels very similar to around 20-25mg dextroamphetamine with the only difference being the Vyvanse takes about an extra hour to kick in due to the cleavage process. The whole “time released” factor behind Vyvanse is BS. It’s essentially frontloading with a higher dose of D Amp and from there your metabolism determines its half-life.

Edited by John250, 12 August 2018 - 09:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users