• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Instant negative reaction to any food...

food instant reactiona allergy intolerance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grandmaster

• 217 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

Hello 
So since some time i deal with unplaesant problem(visited 10 doctors, not much help only refferal to see allergist but it gonna be in future). So after eating most kinds of food i get instant confusion and anxiety reaction, loss of focus. Instant i mean like 2 minutes after eating it,. Espiecially bad after coffee and energy drinks and red wine so i stopped drinking them year ago.

I thought it may be histamine intolerance but effects are only cognitive(sometimes only red face) and short term - like 2-3 hours after eating i fell better/norma, but its still very annoying - imagine talking about advanced science or music theory(im a student and also a musican and composer) and that you cant do it anymore after eating because you feel so bad. I tried vitamin C, digestive enzymes, vitamin D, supplements with DAO(that worked pretty good), cetirizine(that worked kind of good too), levocetirizine and some more... Interesting that levocetirzine didnt work that good as normal one - it should be more powerful antihistamine so histamine may be not a problem. Also i got anxiety after trying alpha lipoic acid... I feel good now because last time i ate something 4 hours ago. I need help - doctors didnt help me at all, i had several blood works done and all were great. 

#2 Countrystation

• 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 05:21 PM

Hi! I had something similar last winter. The flush though was accompanied with reddening of any existing rash. I don’t know what it was but eliminating all bread (I’m cœliac so already gluten-free) and flour, red wine, cheese, citrus, chocolate helped. So did cetirizine. I also saw several doctors who were mostly puzzled as it was so atypical. Finally the last land I saw me a script for prednisolone to do the test : if it helps, it’s allergy. Well, it did. I’m not sure it’s all there is but perhaps eating very carefully (like rice, broccoli and very mild dhal or white fish) and all organic for a while and just having one glass of white wine if you drink instead of two of red etc might help and then add the other foods back. It felt for me like my immune system for a month or so recognized all foods as the enemy. Oh, lovage helped - levistucum officinale essential oil, but only if you do not have coagulation problems and do not take anticoagulants and just two or three drops a day. Even here in Paris it’s hard to find. Keep a diary with also your thoughts, the mind is powerful and there might be a pattern there. I certainly had to deactivate my fear of further flushes (could not go to restaurants for a while etc). Best of luck!

Edited by Countrystation, 18 August 2018 - 05:23 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:41 PM

Hi! I had something similar last winter. The flush though was accompanied with reddening of any existing rash. I don’t know what it was but eliminating all bread (I’m cœliac so already gluten-free) and flour, red wine, cheese, citrus, chocolate helped. So did cetirizine. I also saw several doctors who were mostly puzzled as it was so atypical. Finally the last land I saw me a script for prednisolone to do the test : if it helps, it’s allergy. Well, it did. I’m not sure it’s all there is but perhaps eating very carefully (like rice, broccoli and very mild dhal or white fish) and all organic for a while and just having one glass of white wine if you drink instead of two of red etc might help and then add the other foods back. It felt for me like my immune system for a month or so recognized all foods as the enemy. Oh, lovage helped - levistucum officinale essential oil, but only if you do not have coagulation problems and do not take anticoagulants and just two or three drops a day. Even here in Paris it’s hard to find. Keep a diary with also your thoughts, the mind is powerful and there might be a pattern there. I certainly had to deactivate my fear of further flushes (could not go to restaurants for a while etc). Best of luck!

My problem is that those negative reaction are mostly cognitive as i wrote, i rarely flush.

#4 Countrystation

• 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:43 PM

Indeed! Apologies. I’m sure someone here must understand the mechanism. (Humanist here). I have had brain fog and hazy thinking after gluten exposure. I still think it might be helpful to keep a food/mood diary and not necessarily just focusing on the food, but perhaps trying to pin down an association or a triggering thought, it may carry leads to cognition. I’m sure others have different help to offer. Thought I would develop on what helped me to get rid of the cluster (which may have been different - but mine, too, created social stress). Diaries and timelines are often helpful. I’m sure your investigation here and empirically will yield results.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, instant, reactiona, allergy, intolerance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users