• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Angiotensin II AT1 receptor antagonists for insomnia?

insomnia sleep

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 O3PH4N

• 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:53 PM

Hey all,

I've had insomnia a very long time.  I've spent years and years looking for a solution.  I've tried many things (except the hardcore stuff like Ambien) with some slight success.  I been prescribed SSRIs 3 times with no success.  Benzos also seem to work and knock me right out.  The most success I've had was with Clonidine.  This leads me to believe that it's a possible blood flow/hypertension issue in the brain (had an brain MRI and found nothing).   Now that I have no longer access to Clonidine, I've been using antihistamines as a last resort which somewhat works, but nothing like Clonidine.  That being said, I'm now wondering if Angiotensin II receptor antagonists can do what Clonidine does.  Any thoughts, anyone? 

Many thanks!

#2 O3PH4N

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:19 PM

So I got my hands on some and it made my insomnia worse.  I felt great while on it though, much calmer and less anxious than usual.  Next on the list is Trazodone.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:59 PM

I would go try prazosin.   Prazosin is used for sleep maintenance insomnia and PTSD, which is what you seem to be pointing towards.

I'm not sure how the benzo's will interfere with the effectiveness of prazosin, because they are pretty addictive and can be ruthless when it comes to giving people insomnia and paranoias during withdrawal of any kind.

If you really have some kind of cerebral blood flow issue, go try 10-15 doing hyperbaric oxygen treatments at 1.5 ATA for 60+ minutes and see how you feel then.  Be sure to have sufficient vitamin intake.

Edited by tunt01, 01 November 2018 - 11:02 PM.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 O3PH4N

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:33 AM

I would go try prazosin.   Prazosin is used for sleep maintenance insomnia and PTSD, which is what you seem to be pointing towards.

I'm not sure how the benzo's will interfere with the effectiveness of prazosin, because they are pretty addictive and can be ruthless when it comes to giving people insomnia and paranoias during withdrawal of any kind.

If you really have some kind of cerebral blood flow issue, go try 10-15 doing hyperbaric oxygen treatments at 1.5 ATA for 60+ minutes and see how you feel then.  Be sure to have sufficient vitamin intake.

Thank you very much for your input!  Very very much appreciated!  Tried Trazodone last night, made me drowsy, but not enough to fall asleep. Prazosin is next, thank you. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insomnia, sleep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users