bodybuilding

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • 109 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:13 PM

I wanted to post my journey. I don’t have many pictures of when I was overweight and middle school and high school. In the attachments the top left is when I was 17 years old(year 1999I am 5 foot 11 I was about 235lbs there probably close to 40% bodyfat. I had a 1994 twin turbo Supra that I got clocked 178mph in a 45mph zone. Got my license restricted for one year and during that time I figured maybe I’ll start going to the gym and eating healthy. Whenever I do something I usually stick to one thing and it becomes an obsession. And that is what happened. I lost about 60 pounds the first year from just normal exercise and cardio and a healthier diet. But then I didn’t look right I looked “skinny fat“ then I met a few guys at the gym who were natural bodybuilders and did competitions so I started training with them. I built back up to around 200 pounds and then did a contest where I dieted down and competed at 167 pounds on stage. I was 100% natural never even took a pro hormone then. That was around 2003. Also had no tattoos and was innocent back then LOL I did not have enough training under my belt to build enough muscle which is why I was just way too small to compete even though I took third in the natural light weight class. A few months after that show I went to watch the Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas and then I decided screw it I’m going to try steroids. I did a couple cycles and then from there I made the decision to stay on forever and I would cruise between cycles with testosterone replacement therapy doses. The bottom left(tanned) picture is when I feel I looked my best. That was about 2011-2012. I was around 235-240lbs not shredded but lean enough for me. If I get to shredded I lose fullness in my muscles and it doesn’t look right plus I feel uncomfortable too lean and it’s really not healthy to be too lean unless you are naturally and ectomorph. The Right hand top 3 pics were after my last cycle I did where I got the biggest I ever got. I was almost 270lbs there. I personally loved that looks the best and like filling out 3XL shirts but is just too big and not healthy. That was around 2014. Then after having kids I pretty much just stayed on hormone replacement therapy and still trained hard bodybuilding style up until around Sumer 2017. I then opened my nutrition store in training went on the back burner little. But the past 8 to 10 months I pretty much fell off the wagon I only trained maybe once a week these days I don’t count proteins I don’t eat healthy I got involved in a lot of recreational drugs and was watching my life go downhill which is why I sold my store to get back on track now. I don’t have any current pictures but the picture on the bottom right is basically how I look right now. Still around 235-240 someone lean but softer and not as full. January 2019 is when I’m going to get back into it again. Probably going to do a couple more cycles but nothing overboard and not going to try to gain anymore weight just more of a body transformation type of a cycle. Also no plans to train legs hard anymore. 1600lb leg press and 700lb squats did some damage to my disks and I don’t want to be that old dad who can’t play baseball with his kids so legs are genetically my good part anyway they still stay big I’ll probably just train them once every 10 days moderately.

Attached Files

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,040 posts
  • 2,000 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:16 PM

Congratulations on your transformation. Looking fit!

Squats are kind-of dangerous. They are so good for whole body stimulation, not just the legs, that people get addicted to them. Have you seen the Ronnie Coleman story on Netflix? Just came out. He destroyed his back on squats - literally.

I never went "over-the-top" with squats but I hurt my lower back twice. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • 109 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:30 PM

Squats are kind-of dangerous. They are so good for whole body stimulation, not just the legs, that people get addicted to them. Have you seen the Ronnie Coleman story on Netflix? Just came out. He destroyed his back on squats - literally.

Yes very good special and sad. He’s hooked on oxy’s now. Squats can be safe if performed correctly but regardless any movement with excessive weight will take its toll on the body over time regardless of form.

#4 Mind

• 19,040 posts
  • 2,000 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

Some hope for those with bad discs: https://www.longecit...fully-in-goats/

#5 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • 109 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:30 PM

What’s help a lot for me is an inversion table. Very cheap investment with a lot of benefits. The feeling of your disks opening up and letting all that synovial fluid flow feels incredible.

#6 Mind

• 19,040 posts
  • 2,000 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:15 PM

Lol, I have an inversion table as well.

#7 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • 109 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:37 PM

I’m done trying to add mass. It’s just not healthy. Time to get my old 225lb physique back.

Attached Files

Edited by John250, 10 December 2018 - 05:38 PM.

#8 zorba990

• 1,601 posts
  • 315 â‚®

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:42 AM

What’s help a lot for me is an inversion table. Very cheap investment with a lot of benefits. The feeling of your disks opening up and letting all that synovial fluid flow feels incredible.

I've been doing this partially with a band, what device do you reccomend? I like that the hang point with the band is from the hips as hanging from the ankles looks like trouble for the ankle joint potentially

Edited by zorba990, 15 December 2018 - 02:44 AM.

#9 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • 109 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:50 AM

I've been doing this partially with a band, what device do you reccomend? I like that the hang point with the band is from the hips as hanging from the ankles looks like trouble for the ankle joint potentially

I don’t remember the brand but most of them are good for 250 pounds I got one for over 250 pounds bc I weigh 245. Work your way where you can eventually hang upside down and do it about 10 minutes 3 to 4 times/day you can also rotate to the left and right to stretch your sides.

#10 Adamzski

• 674 posts
  • 58 â‚®

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:21 PM

Great work John250, you in serious shape!

Mr Mind, is that the only time you have ever hurt your back?

I have been going to the gym properly for the last 2 years and taking MK-677.

Gone from being too skinny to now being undeniably muscular, I have a small frame and it's very obvious when looking at me that I do some serious weights.

41 now and after a life of sitting in front of a computer, suppose that my joints are great without any of the small things that build up.

Squats are my weakest exercise, I do them only to 1.2 times bodyweight where I'm very strong in other lifts. Like doing front squats these days. For all over bulk, I like to just stand and lift stuff over my head or just do any kind of standing weights.

Pretty much do no bench exercises, actually never go near a bench at all, as my pecs get way out of proportion fast, so I do no exercises besides some cable crosses that target pecs. And, I never do any seated shoulder presses haha wow just realised that I only do standing exercises.

Its working for me! But yeah I dont want to be grinding down my joints, need to fight the temptation to go harder and harder.

Edited by Adamzski, 17 December 2018 - 04:22 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • 109 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

Great work John250, you in serious shape!

Mr Mind, is that the only time you have ever hurt your back?

I have been going to the gym properly for the last 2 years and taking MK-677.

Gone from being too skinny to now being undeniably muscular, I have a small frame and it's very obvious when looking at me that I do some serious weights.

41 now and after a life of sitting in front of a computer, suppose that my joints are great without any of the small things that build up.

Squats are my weakest exercise, I do them only to 1.2 times bodyweight where I'm very strong in other lifts. Like doing front squats these days. For all over bulk, I like to just stand and lift stuff over my head or just do any kind of standing weights.
Pretty much do no bench exercises, actually never go near a bench at all, as my pecs get way out of proportion fast, so I do no exercises besides some cable crosses that target pecs. And, I never do any seated shoulder presses haha wow just realised that I only do standing exercises.

Its working for me! But yeah I dont want to be grinding down my joints, need to fight the temptation to go harder and harder.

Careful with any standing overhead pressing movements they put a lot of pressure on disks. Wear a belt if going heavy. Squats are not always necessary you can still build with leg presses. Alternate leg positioning wide and narrow. Feet placement higher hits more hamstrings lower more quads but always make sure knees are not higher than tips of toes when positioned lower (quads). If your chest grows fast I’m assuming your naturally ectomorphic as that’s commom. Flat bench isn’t the safest anyway(lots of pec tears if going too heavy). Incline and decline bench are fine. Dumbless or machines for flat bench.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bodybuilding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users