Photo

LongeCity hacked?

hacked

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:36 AM

At least once each of the last 3 days by clicking on any link on LongeCity, the browser address bar changed automatically to this address unknown to me, with a windows icon on the tab and a system sound beep:

http://de0741.host/ln/OBpuR9kVTFqogC1gicogbZud9KzlSgdEKLeBF3jN52wi..tmR3XRcVe6RywdN1ADPXps0Z4WhtSyE5SPt7e47iWpjUCsPYafk4KBrRinPbE9L_OpneHuVdIIxgpUWGAoZhf13nijnvvLdgARIVXf_1EfPS62h1p.JT.3a2oNSHSRqDmBrro97Ur1yf4kLx30uvJ8Q8PmoRGafx_4SXSPAsu1iqheT5cNDzePY0iXXnD74wizJom1n9LEXoUfp_kmF5xe3WE_2dCjOEO6Lib.opLk_.evxP6D1qlQe59SOD1IJvEjMnYDwCTZsYsGMNNo8vU67sossNV2a5UlpBFUHLLVGjQYXVqDLDz0mdt8vDbcieSElEd0hM204xkuvsqu

The page showing looks like this (in German: asking to immediately click on the link to bring soft-ware up to date - don't do!)

Attached File  Unbenannt.png   565.59KB   0 downloads

Where I always immediately close that browser-tab. And start with a new tab to return to LongeCity. And then usually takes an other day till it shows again. Didn't happen in any other tabs open at the same time than at LongeCity.

Have others experienced the same?

Could it be that LongeCity has been hacked?

Edited by pamojja, 21 December 2018 - 11:46 AM.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:09 PM

It has not happened to me.

Thanks for reporting this.

#3 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:42 PM

Honestly sounds like you have malware.  Give a scan with MalwareBytes, or whatever the current gold standard is for removal.  That's not to say that sites don't get hacked and have this kind of stuff injected, but I visit a few times each day, every day, and I've not seen that.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 pamojja

• Topic Starter
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:05 PM

Honestly sounds like you have malware.  Give a scan with MalwareBytes,

Did download MalwareBytes and a scan found 12 problematic places in the registry. Mainly to do with Internet Explorer, while I only use Firefox.

Now, after having restarted and being online for some time, it happened again that a LongeCity internal link got hijaked to an other site. But this time the trial version of Malwarebytes blocked it with the notice:

Website blocked due to malware

Your Premium trial blocked this website because it may contain malware.

We strongly recommend you do not continue.

However, the address it blocked now was:

smile.affiliatescreative.com

• Informative x 1

#5 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:31 AM

if the problem persists and is truly exclusive to longecity, could you please provide more details, i,e. the link(s) you are clicking when this occurs? 

#6 pamojja

• Topic Starter
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:59 AM

It was exclusive to LongeCity, in random forum threads, and only happened once per day for 4 days. Since the last incidence on the 21st December it has stopped.

Have an other slight suspicion. Had a paypal conflict with a fraudulent trader lasting exactly those 4 days, till he finally agreed to pay it back. Though have no idea how anyone could ever intercede with links at LongeCity only, while all other tabs remained unaffected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users