NAD+ and Fibroblasts

nmn fibroblasts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 cjacek

• 56 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:32 PM

Hi,

First time poster here, hopefully not too dumb a question but does anyone know or would care to speculate, at least through its mode of action, if one were to successfully boost low levels of NAD+ to more youthful higher levels, in human cells, no matter if this were to be done through the ingestion of current or future NAD+ precursors or some other technology (with the end goal being boosting NAD+ levels), would doing this lead to the possible regeneration of Fibroblasts specifically? Basically what I'm asking is whether or not boosting NAD+ levels also has an impact on stimulating the regeneration of fibroblasts (and its impact on such things as collagen production obviously). Thanks in advance for your input.  

#2 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

I have taken NR for several years, mostly at the 250 mg 2x/day level, and have not seen any change in skin appearance or wrinkles, my proxy for COL1A1 collagen gene expression.  I am 63 years old.

#3 Oakman

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:14 PM

I concur with Fafner55. After several years of NR, not much has changed skin/wrinkle wise. That alone is good news, as it could have gotten worse, but has not.

#4 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

Same here.  After 2+ years of NR and NMN, my hair is thick, shiny, and less grey.  Skin is very smooth and various blemishes gone.  

Wrinkles are the same - no better, but also no worse.

#5 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:12 PM

I have been on high dose NMN for the better part of 3 and a half years and have noticed a definite softening of my crow's feet and a significant reduction of the fine lines under my eyes. I continually receive comments from people that I haven't seen for a while that I look "younger", "fresher" and/or "healthier" than the last time they saw me.

Most of the 70+ members of our NMN group buy are reporting similar experiences. 

#6 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:58 PM

some interesting research just came out:

https://www.longecit...state/?p=865447

#7 cjacek

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:03 AM

And would you say that this mechanism of action (of either reduced visible signs of aging or halting thereof specifically as it relates to skin / wrinkles) would be due to the regeneration of the fibroblasts or something else entirely? I'm just trying to understand if boosting NAD+ to more youthful levels has an impact on fibroblasts activity specifically which, if I understand correctly, are the key to producing proteins such as collagen which we lose in old age...

Question specific for LawrenceW: I have followed your previous posts for some time. Can I ask what dose have you finally settled on and are you still taking straight NMN pure powder orally 2x per day?  

And as not to stray off subject (but this is somewhat related), are any of you using hydrolyzed collagen or do you think it'd be a waste of time?

Much thanks again for your thoughts.

Dan    

#8 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:40 AM

@cjacek

If you click the link I posted earlier you will see research for example directly linking inhibition of TGF-β to skin health. There have also been reports of other links. Such strong link is not reported for NAD+ boosting. Ofcourse if the body functions better the logic is that all processes will function somewhat better as a downstream reaction and possibly TGF-β would return to more youth fulll levels.My skin has improved but as I have also used other substances that have for example TGF-β inhibition qualities its impossible to conclude what did what.

Edited by stefan_001, 27 December 2018 - 11:41 AM.

#9 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

And as not to stray off subject (but this is somewhat related), are any of you using hydrolyzed collagen or do you think it'd be a waste of time?

Dan    

My experience with hydrolyzed collagen is that its consumption will not show much benefit unless there are deficiencies in the component amino acids of collagen, such as might happen with vegetarians. 

The most success in improving age-related skin issues comes from first ablating damaged skin (by laser resurfacing, medium depth chemical peels, or pharmacologically with fluorouracil or other chemo), then stimulating faster skin turnover and greater type-1 collagen production with retin-A and topical vitamin C serum.

This is an expansive subject with lots of misleading publications, product promotions and opinions, so I don't want to expand further on it in this thread. Sometime in the future I"ll start a new topic about aging skin with supporting research.

• Agree x 2

#10 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

Question specific for LawrenceW: I have followed your previous posts for some time. Can I ask what dose have you finally settled on and are you still taking straight NMN pure powder orally 2x per day?  

Dan    

Hello Dan.

I have been meaning to update my Personal NMN Experience and you have prodded me into getting it done.

Please check my post at: https://www.longecit...e-thread/page-9

Happy Holidays!

#11 cjacek

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:46 AM

@cjacek

If you click the link I posted earlier you will see research for example directly linking inhibition of TGF-β to skin health. There have also been reports of other links. Such strong link is not reported for NAD+ boosting. Ofcourse if the body functions better the logic is that all processes will function somewhat better as a downstream reaction and possibly TGF-β would return to more youth fulll levels.My skin has improved but as I have also used other substances that have for example TGF-β inhibition qualities its impossible to conclude what did what.

stefan, I meant to thank you for the fantastic link / info. Much appreciated. 

My experience with hydrolyzed collagen is that its consumption will not show much benefit unless there are deficiencies in the component amino acids of collagen, such as might happen with vegetarians. 

The most success in improving age-related skin issues comes from first ablating damaged skin (by laser resurfacing, medium depth chemical peels, or pharmacologically with fluorouracil or other chemo), then stimulating faster skin turnover and greater type-1 collagen production with retin-A and topical vitamin C serum.

This is an expansive subject with lots of misleading publications, product promotions and opinions, so I don't want to expand further on it in this thread. Sometime in the future I"ll start a new topic about aging skin with supporting research.

Fafner, thank you for your input on this. Much appreciated.

Hello Dan.

I have been meaning to update my Personal NMN Experience and you have prodded me into getting it done.

Please check my post at: https://www.longecit...e-thread/page-9

Happy Holidays!

LawrenceW, I will surely check your newest post / update under that link. Thank you.

Thanks again to everyone who replied.

Dan

#12 Engadin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

And would you say that this mechanism of action (of either reduced visible signs of aging or halting thereof specifically as it relates to skin / wrinkles) would be due to the regeneration of the fibroblasts or something else entirely? I'm just trying to understand if boosting NAD+ to more youthful levels has an impact on fibroblasts activity specifically which, if I understand correctly, are the key to producing proteins such as collagen which we lose in old age...

Dan    

I have a post about the potential topical use of the cheap antibiotic Azithromycin as a senescent fibroblasts depletion enhancer:

https://www.longecit...-skin-wrinkles/

It's already in the market an 'Azithromycin in DMSO' mixture. As I state in the post I haven't yet contacted the provider, so I can't tell if they sell it to any of us or only to laboratories.

Any way, I guess at first sight it shouldn't be hard to get the mix done at home, being the only trouble left to get to establish the mix rational dose to apply on our wrinkles to start experimenting on myself.

#13 Engadin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

Nevertheless, "it looks like products provided in DMSO, even in low temperatures, have a high rate of decomposition. So it is suggested solutions to be at their best when freshly dissolved and used as soon as possible, avoid long term storage and and numerous froze/thaw cycles". So, probably, already mixed Arithromycin/DMSO solutions like Selleckchem's will come freezed and being a two components solution, a DIY made is more at hand.

https://file.selleck...medicine-en.gif

Something to take into account seriously when making the mix at home is that perhaps the most widely held concern around the safety of DMSO is that it “can take everything through the skin.” Another important fact is that when water perhaps by accident) is present as a cosolvent in the formulation, the penetration kinetics of DMSO are greatly diminished. Unlike other solvents, DMSO itself is largely harmless when applied dermally. The larger issue is its ability to facilitate dermal transport of unwanted materials into the body. So high purity Azithromycin is a must (perhaps >99%) and has to be granted by the provider for us to move within an acceptable security range.

https://www.research...cal Devices.pdf

Perhaps a safety option to check is to use a professional laboratory to get the mix done under adequate supervision.

Edited by Engadin, 08 January 2019 - 07:17 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmn, fibroblasts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users