• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Is there any agreement here on a supplement to improve brain health or something to improve memory?

brain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RichardAlan

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:36 AM

I realize there's a brain health forum but positing here as I am looking for guidance on if it's worth taking any supplement and if anyone have found anything that will help them.  No problems for me right now but I can see as I get older my memory is not what it used to be. 

#2 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:23 AM

I realize there's a brain health forum but positing here as I am looking for guidance on if it's worth taking any supplement and if anyone have found anything that will help them. No problems for me right now but I can see as I get older my memory is not what it used to be.

Short story-no consensus. There's no single nootropic that is a nonspecific cognitive booster, which is what I assume you're looking for. There are, of course, tons of compounds but each has rather specific effects, and more importantly, side effects.

Most here will correctly advise you to focus on nutrition and vitamin status; for example make sure you get your vitamin D, K, magnesium which can sometimes fall through the dietary cracks.

If you want to target memory you can try cholinergics; read into citicoline, ALCAR, etc. But these can affect mood; you're skewing your neurotransmitters and this isn't always a good thing.
  • Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:49 AM

Depends on what's causing a memory issue but ACh boosters for Hup A makes a strong difference for me. Vasopressin I use more as needed when I'm going through alot of new experiences.

• like x 1

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:42 AM

Through the years, it seems there is some marginal evidence that baseline supplements like D3 would probably slow aging of many bodily systems, including the brain.

The only supplement that I noticed giving my memory and other brain functions a boost is Magnesium L-threonate. I hate just saying "I noticed/felt", some improvement. It is completely unscientific and mostly useless to report subjective experiences. Unfortunately, I did not take any before and after cognitive tests.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Blueflash

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:57 AM

+1 for Magnesium L-Threonate. It helps me remember numbers better at work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users