• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Any suggestions on tests to measure inflammation in the body and how to reduce it?

inflammation tests

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RichardAlan

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:06 PM

I've read it many times that one of the important things we need to do is to try and reduce inflammation in the body.  

Could anyone give me some ideas on tests that I can request to gauge the level of inflammation and what if anything you are doing / taking to reduce your own inflammation?

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

Ferritin is a dirt cheap test that can flag age related iron accumulation, which has been well documented to contribute to inflammation and accelerated aging.  I've posted on this here:

https://www.longecit...isease-omnibus/

William R. Ware’s “The Risk of Too Much Iron: Normal Serum Ferritin Levels May Represent Significant Health Issues” is a good introduction to the topic of Ferrotoxic Disease.

https://www.isom.ca/...Issues-28.4.pdf

Perhaps the best angle on this aspect of healthful longevity is that it is relatively easy to implement.  There is no Spartan diet to follow & a couple of whole blood donations a year is all it takes to promote iron homeostasis.  A little curcumin & quercetin (natures iron chelators) added into the mix will reduce highly inflammatory free/labile iron even further.  

Best of Luck to you!  

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

Could anyone give me some ideas on tests that I can request to gauge the level of inflammation and what if anything you are doing / taking to reduce your own inflammation?

Most common would be ESR, CBC and hsCRP blood tests from your GP. Inflammation is a healing response, only long term chronic inflammation is a serious problem for healthy aging.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Johnbd1985

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

Sed rate, CRP are common markers that doctors use. Homocysteine is also sometimes used as general screening as well

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inflammation, tests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users