pigmentation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:19 PM

Recipe for a 20% Vitamin C Skin Serum
Expensive vitamin C serums are easily and inexpensively reproduced. 

Vitamin C serums are effective in increasing collagen to reduce wrinkles and inhibiting melanin to fade pigmented skin.

This recipe fits into a 4 oz bottle and dropper. 
  • 90 g distilled water
  • 18 g sodium ascorbate
  • 7 g hyaluronic acid, liquid (increases moisture retention and reduces the appearance of wrinkles)
  • 4 g propylene glycol (makes the serum less watery and helps with moisture retention)
  • 20 drops glycolic acid (35% solution) to adjust the pH from neutral down to about 6.0. A pH < 5.5 leads to discoloration (yellow-browning) of the sodium ascorbate. A pH of 5.5 is common in consumer facial serums and is close to the natural pH of skin. Test the pH to verify. 

My girl friend, a critical judge of skin care products, is pleased with this serum and results. She uses it liberally on her hands, arms, face and neck.

• Informative x 2

#2 ighbal

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2020 - 06:58 PM

But how fast do you consume these 4 oz ? Because i do not see preservative in the recipe...

do you use it for the whole body and on a daily basis ?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Fafner55

• Topic Starter
  • 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:32 PM

But how fast do you consume these 4 oz ? Because i do not see preservative in the recipe...

do you use it for the whole body and on a daily basis ?

ighbal, my girlfriend and her daughters use it daily, mostly on their face and neck. Each uses about 1 bottle / mo, 1 oz. They like it.

When I make a batch, the excess is stored in a refrigerator. It keeps well as long as it is not exposed to air. Then with use, partially filled bottles gradually turn amber. 

Here is my latest recipe.

Skin Serum Recipe (2019-09-15): pH=5.0

This recipe fits into a 4.1x one oz bottles and dropper. Apply to the face and body.

• 120.0 g hyaluronic acid/H2O solution (contains 0.333 g hyaluronic acid; increases moisture retention and reduces the appearance of wrinkles).

• Make a 3x batch in advance and store the excess in the refrigerator (3x = 1.0 g HA + 360 g water). Use a magnet stirrer.

• 18.0 g sodium ascorbate (15% vitamin C; stimulates collagen and inhibits melanin synthesis Ref, Ref.

• 5.333 g nicotinamide (4.5% vitamin B3; promotes epidermal growth and fades hyperpigmented spots Ref, Ref, Ref)

• 4 g propylene glycol (makes the serum less watery; helps with moisture retention and enhances penetration).

• 8 mg GABA (600 μM solution; promotes elastin synthesis and improves wound healing Ref, Ref, Ref)

• 0.666 g lactic acid (88%) to adjust the pH to 5.0.

Edited by Fafner55, 21 June 2020 - 04:47 PM.

• like x 1

#4 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2022 - 12:18 PM

vitamin c helps for soft skin and hair. It also hardens your bones which might make you think it not making your skin soft. TO remove death skin that wont peel off by itself i suggest energy supplements for metabolism, proteins, carnitine etc. iodine.. it also helps giving your hair colour. and remove any excess earwax from happening fast.

Edited by kurdishfella, 21 May 2022 - 12:22 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pigmentation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users