pigmentation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fafner55

• 245 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:19 PM

Recipe for a 20% Vitamin C Skin Serum
Expensive vitamin C serums are easily and inexpensively reproduced. 

Vitamin C serums are effective in increasing collagen to reduce wrinkles and inhibiting melanin to fade pigmented skin.

This recipe fits into a 4 oz bottle and dropper. 
  • 90 g distilled water
  • 18 g sodium ascorbate
  • 7 g hyaluronic acid, liquid (increases moisture retention and reduces the appearance of wrinkles)
  • 4 g propylene glycol (makes the serum less watery and helps with moisture retention)
  • 20 drops glycolic acid (35% solution) to adjust the pH from neutral down to about 6.0. A pH < 5.5 leads to discoloration (yellow-browning) of the sodium ascorbate. A pH of 5.5 is common in consumer facial serums and is close to the natural pH of skin. Test the pH to verify. 

My girl friend, a critical judge of skin care products, is pleased with this serum and results. She uses it liberally on her hands, arms, face and neck.

• Informative x 2

#2 ighbal

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2020 - 06:58 PM

But how fast do you consume these 4 oz ? Because i do not see preservative in the recipe...

do you use it for the whole body and on a daily basis ?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Fafner55

• Topic Starter
  • 245 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:32 PM

But how fast do you consume these 4 oz ? Because i do not see preservative in the recipe...

do you use it for the whole body and on a daily basis ?

ighbal, my girlfriend and her daughters use it daily, mostly on their face and neck. Each uses about 1 bottle / mo, 1 oz. They like it.

When I make a batch, the excess is stored in a refrigerator. It keeps well as long as it is not exposed to air. Then with use, partially filled bottles gradually turn amber. 

Here is my latest recipe.

Skin Serum Recipe (2019-09-15): pH=5.0

This recipe fits into a 4.1x one oz bottles and dropper. Apply to the face and body.

• 120.0 g hyaluronic acid/H2O solution (contains 0.333 g hyaluronic acid; increases moisture retention and reduces the appearance of wrinkles).

• Make a 3x batch in advance and store the excess in the refrigerator (3x = 1.0 g HA + 360 g water). Use a magnet stirrer.

• 18.0 g sodium ascorbate (15% vitamin C; stimulates collagen and inhibits melanin synthesis Ref, Ref.

• 5.333 g nicotinamide (4.5% vitamin B3; promotes epidermal growth and fades hyperpigmented spots Ref, Ref, Ref)

• 4 g propylene glycol (makes the serum less watery; helps with moisture retention and enhances penetration).

• 8 mg GABA (600 μM solution; promotes elastin synthesis and improves wound healing Ref, Ref, Ref)

• 0.666 g lactic acid (88%) to adjust the pH to 5.0.

Edited by Fafner55, 21 June 2020 - 04:47 PM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pigmentation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users