- - - - -

Qualia, how much to take

nootropic qualia

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 funkmasterG

• 60 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:03 AM

My main question in regards to this (esp for those of you who already have exp with Qualia) is how much did you take. The one i have is "Qualia Focus" and it suggests taking 5 capsules in the morning before eating. I don't like the sound of that for 2 reasons, for one ( i mentioned this in a prev post) I was trying to find a "pre made stack" that gave me the most bang for my buck esp since im a broke college student, and I was actually happy with this cuz it wasn't "too" expensive and it comes with 100 capsules, but...if it is suggesting to take 5 capsules daily then that bottle will go by pretty quick. The 2nd reason I don't really like the idea of taking 5 is that is just seems a bit excessive, I have personally never taken more than 3 capsules of any kind of nootropic in a day, and I look at the back of the bottle and seeing all those various things, and those various number (120mg, 1200mcg, 450mg, etc) and think about how much im putting into my stomach all at once, it seems a bit daunting and i dont want to get a stomach ache either or worse, vomit. So does anyone have exp with this nootropic stack, I was thinking about maybe only starting at 3 capsules in the morning, do you think that is enuff. Keep in mind I am also taking other stuff (multi vitamins, fish oil, ginko biloba, and might still take noocube which i know for example also has bacopa monieri just like Qualia). Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

#2 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

With any supplement it is always best to start with the lowest possible dose, and increase gradually over weeks, months or years. That way an always possible adverse reaction wont be as strong, and you're enabled to know what to expect at which doses.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:29 AM

OP, you don't have the right attitude towards noots. Qualia has a variety of things in it, not all of which will help you. Especially with the brain, one-size doesn't fit-all; you need to identify your problem/objectives and decide on a course of action.

More I look at the product, more ridiculous it looks. Mixes various adaptogens, cholinergics, amino acids, vitamins...what exactly are they doing?

#4 funkmasterG

• Topic Starter
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:37 AM

With any supplement it is always best to start with the lowest possible dose, and increase gradually over weeks, months or years. That way an always possible adverse reaction wont be as strong, and you're enabled to know what to expect at which doses.

In your opinion should I just start with one, or maybe two is ok?

#5 funkmasterG

• Topic Starter
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:39 AM

OP, you don't have the right attitude towards noots. Qualia has a variety of things in it, not all of which will help you. Especially with the brain, one-size doesn't fit-all; you need to identify your problem/objectives and decide on a course of action.

More I look at the product, more ridiculous it looks. Mixes various adaptogens, cholinergics, amino acids, vitamins...what exactly are they doing?

I mean maybe its not the best, but I'm trying it cuz i just want more bang for my buck. For years I have bought Noots individually, and you end up just mixing them anyways at diff doses at diff times of the day maybe. But for me, having a pre-made stack at the moment is just a bit more cost effective. Altho of the different pre-made stacks, it seems to be one of the most positively reviewed ones.

#6 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:30 AM

I mean maybe its not the best, but I'm trying it cuz i just want more bang for my buck. For years I have bought Noots individually, and you end up just mixing them anyways at diff doses at diff times of the day maybe. But for me, having a pre-made stack at the moment is just a bit more cost effective. Altho of the different pre-made stacks, it seems to be one of the most positively reviewed ones.

I'm not sure if you're trolling.

Nootropics isn't just a "more is better" approach. You're playing with receptors and neurotransmitters. You need to set goals and try compounds that specifically address those goals. What exactly do you seek to achieve?

#7 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:25 AM

In your opinion should I just start with one, or maybe two is ok?

You can always increase a week later.

Nootropics isn't just a "more is better" approach. You're playing with receptors and neurotransmitters.

You are exceptionally sensitive to supplements, even such harmless like vitamin K. Not many are that sensitive. I for example have taken most ingredients, even at higher doses. But never experienced any adverse reaction whatsoever. Still, always better to start low and go slow.

#8 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:22 AM

You can always increase a week later.

You are exceptionally sensitive to supplements, even such harmless like vitamin K. Not many are that sensitive. I for example have taken most ingredients, even at higher doses. But never experienced any adverse reaction whatsoever. Still, always better to start low and go slow.

No doubt I have some odd responses but stacking random cholinergics, herbals, uridine and vitamins hardly seems like an intelligent approach to nootropics.

#9 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:21 AM

What exactly do you seek to achieve?

.. but stacking random cholinergics, herbals, uridine and vitamins hardly seems like an intelligent approach to nootropics.

Duh, and I thought they're supposed to help with lack of intelligence ;-)

But seriously again, everyone is different. And in my case stacking vitamins (though not random), minerals, amino acids and herbals, along with lifestyle-modifications already brought about a reversal of a 50% walking-disabilty from PAD. Really nothing dumb about that.

If you want to know the rationale for the ingredients in Qualia, Joe Cohen did a review with lots of references: https://selfhacked.c...og/qualia-mind/

Edited by pamojja, 23 January 2019 - 08:26 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:37 PM

Duh, and I thought they're supposed to help with lack of intelligence ;-)

But seriously again, everyone is different. And in my case stacking vitamins (though not random), minerals, amino acids and herbals, along with lifestyle-modifications already brought about a reversal of a 50% walking-disabilty from PAD. Really nothing dumb about that.

If you want to know the rationale for the ingredients in Qualia, Joe Cohen did a review with lots of references: https://selfhacked.c...og/qualia-mind/

Nothing at all dumb with building a stack. Everything dumb with just buying a messy mixed product and expecting to be smarter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic, qualia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users