K2 without D3?

fibrosis calcification scalp skin-issues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

Hi,

since I still haven't figured out if vit D3 is okay for autoimmune diseases (I've seen mixed reviews) I was wondering: could be usuful to take vit K2 alone?

I'm interested mainly in soft-tissues and scalp decalcification and I've read that K2 could be useful. The rest of my stack is: magnesium citramate, fish oil, taurine, rhodiola. I'm considering adding MSM as well, since it has many presumed benefits for skin, energy, detoxing and it should help with decalcification.

Thanks!

• Good Point x 1

#2 Kimer Med

• 254 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

I can't think of any reasons why it would be a bad idea to take K2 without D3.

Here's a summary of Dr Levy's decalcification program that might be of interest:

Vit C
-- regular form as tolerated
-- Lypo-C, 1 to 2 gr/day
-- Ascorbyl palmitate, 500 to 1000 mg/day
Lysine, 1000 to 2500 mg/day
Proline, 250 to 500 mg/day (2x more for known cardiac disease)
Vit D3, aim for 50 to 80 ng/cc
Vit K2, 3 to 6 mg/day
Mg glycinate, 200 to 400 mg/day
Omega-3 EFA, fish oil source, 2000 to 4000 mg/day
Vit E as mixed tocopherols, 400 IU twice/day
Beta carotene, 25000 to 50000 IU/day
Vit B complex, one/day
Check testosterone and supplement if needed
Check thyroid and supplement if needed

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:38 PM

Hi,

since I still haven't figured out if vit D3 is okay for autoimmune diseases (I've seen mixed reviews) I was wondering: could be usuful to take vit K2 alone?

I'm interested mainly in soft-tissues and scalp decalcification and I've read that K2 could be useful. The rest of my stack is: magnesium citramate, fish oil, taurine, rhodiola. I'm considering adding MSM as well, since it has many presumed benefits for skin, energy, detoxing and it should help with decalcification.

Thanks!

K2 is just fine on its own. The idea that it makes you hypocalcemic is just false. K2 will mitigate hypercalcemia by carboxylating certain proteins-but it doesn't actually chelate calcium or something.

I love it. Makes your skin supple, some great hormonal effects. And low risk. I've megadosed with zero side effects.

#4 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:36 PM

Thanks mate! It sounds awesome!
Do you advise MK-4 or MK-7? Which dosage? I really need something to moisturize and make my skin (especially scalp) supple, so
I will deffo try vit K! I didn't know that it has benefits on hormones too, does it boost testosterone or what?
Do you think that it would have any bad interaction with the rest of my stack, i. E. Taurine, magnesium, fish oil, vit C, rhodiola?

One last question: do you have any experience with NAC? I've read some rave reviews about it, it should also help with my mild OCD, monkey mind and racing THOUGHTS so I'd like to try it.

Thx A LOT!

#5 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:39 PM

I can't think of any reasons why it would be a bad idea to take K2 without D3.

Here's a summary of Dr Levy's decalcification program that might be of interest:

Vit C
-- regular form as tolerated
-- Lypo-C, 1 to 2 gr/day
-- Ascorbyl palmitate, 500 to 1000 mg/day
Lysine, 1000 to 2500 mg/day
Proline, 250 to 500 mg/day (2x more for known cardiac disease)
Vit D3, aim for 50 to 80 ng/cc
Vit K2, 3 to 6 mg/day
Mg glycinate, 200 to 400 mg/day
Omega-3 EFA, fish oil source, 2000 to 4000 mg/day
Vit E as mixed tocopherols, 400 IU twice/day
Beta carotene, 25000 to 50000 IU/day
Vit B complex, one/day
Check testosterone and supplement if needed
Check thyroid and supplement if needed

Thanks a lot! Do you think that I could add also MSM to my stack, besides K2? I've seen that it could help with decalcification and skin issues (I have dry scaly skin).
Not directly related, but what's your take on NAC?

#6 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:07 AM

Thanks mate! It sounds awesome!
Do you advise MK-4 or MK-7? Which dosage? I really need something to moisturize and make my skin (especially scalp) supple, so
I will deffo try vit K! I didn't know that it has benefits on hormones too, does it boost testosterone or what?
Do you think that it would have any bad interaction with the rest of my stack, i. E. Taurine, magnesium, fish oil, vit C, rhodiola?

One last question: do you have any experience with NAC? I've read some rave reviews about it, it should also help with my mild OCD, monkey mind and racing THOUGHTS so I'd like to try it.

Thx A LOT!

I take the LEF mix. Has k1 and both k2s. There are a number of k2 mixes out there but the LEF one seems just fine for me. Shouldn't be any interactions.

Re NAC, that's an entirely different ballgame. I have no experience with it but I do recall there are some risks. Search around here for some answers from people who know better than I on the subject.

#7 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:50 AM

I take the LEF mix. Has k1 and both k2s. There are a number of k2 mixes out there but the LEF one seems just fine for me. Shouldn't be any interactions.

Re NAC, that's an entirely different ballgame. I have no experience with it but I do recall there are some risks. Search around here for some answers from people who know better than I on the subject.

LEF's product seems interesting, but isn't 1500 mcg of K1 too much daily? There is no risk for blood clotting?

Any experience with MSM?

Thanks!

#8 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

LEF's product seems interesting, but isn't 1500 mcg of K1 too much daily? There is no risk for blood clotting?

Any experience with MSM?

Thanks!

Not at all. K has supports normal clotting and thinning as well. In Japan K2 is a drug for osteoporosis at 45 mg daily and it's very safe.

#9 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:21 AM

alright, thank you. Do you think that  K2 would have any bad interaction with the rest of my stack, i. e. taurine, magnesium, fish oil, vit C, rhodiola (and maybe NAC)?

any experience with MSM?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:27 PM

alright, thank you. Do you think that  K2 would have any bad interaction with the rest of my stack, i. e. taurine, magnesium, fish oil, vit C, rhodiola (and maybe NAC)?

any experience with MSM?

Nope. Just avoid warfarin as it's a K antagonist drug. So no rat poison.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fibrosis, calcification, scalp, skin-issues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users