• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Why would vitamin D be such a life changer for me?

vit d cholecalciferol

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:45 AM

Mood, libido, body comp, it really affects everything. 2000iu/day at least, usually I try to go for 5k though I sometimes have to battle hypercalcemia.

I am defective in the SNP for it-but even still I can't understand why supra physiological doses would make me feel so good. In other words- would I be a depressed loser if supplements didn't exist? Or am I covering up something else (lab work is good).

#2 Area1255 Projects LTD

• 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:09 PM

You probably have low baseline Tyrosine Hydroxylase (TH). This enzyme is ESSENTIAL to the production of Dopamine...Vitamin D is one of the ONLY known "vitamins" (but is a Hormone) that is *responsible* for stimulating TH-activity [STUDY].

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

You probably have low baseline Tyrosine Hydroxylase (TH). This enzyme is ESSENTIAL to the production of Dopamine...Vitamin D is one of the ONLY known "vitamins" (but is a Hormone) that is *responsible* for stimulating TH-activity [STUDY].

Link didn't work. Is vit D the optimal fix or should I try something else

#4 Breakthrough

• Registrant
  • 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:11 AM

experimenting, what condition/symptoms are you trying to resolve?

#5 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:15 PM

experimenting, what condition/symptoms are you trying to resolve?

So here's what vitamin D completely nukes:

1) chronic lower back pain. I can sit for hours on end with vit D, no issues.
2) flattened emotional affect. I'm very much in my head/ruminations thoughts/disconnected from the world. Therefore I am smart/introspective but very detached. No interest in pop culture or anything around me.
3) Vit D improves my strength and body composition
4) D nukes my anxiety. Improves libido.

The problem is...I need to take 5k iu/day to capture the effects but hypercalcemia sets in and I can't seem to fight that off even with megadoses of K. My constellation of problems also suggests that my issues might be something else entirely that D is masking.

#6 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

So here's what vitamin D completely nukes:

1) chronic lower back pain. I can sit for hours on end with vit D, no issues.
2) flattened emotional affect. I'm very much in my head/ruminations thoughts/disconnected from the world. Therefore I am smart/introspective but very detached. No interest in pop culture or anything around me.
3) Vit D improves my strength and body composition
4) D nukes my anxiety. Improves libido.

The problem is...I need to take 5k iu/day to capture the effects but hypercalcemia sets in and I can't seem to fight that off even with megadoses of K. My constellation of problems also suggests that my issues might be something else entirely that D is masking.

How do you know for certain that you have hypercalcemia? Lab work or symptoms? And if latter, what kind?

Personally don't react especially strongly to Vit D and together with Vit A and K and MG I often take 10k for a few days rolling, mainly to support bone and teeth health.

#7 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

How do you know for certain that you have hypercalcemia? Lab work or symptoms? And if latter, what kind?

Personally don't react especially strongly to Vit D and together with Vit A and K and MG I often take 10k for a few days rolling, mainly to support bone and teeth health.

Symptoms. Clicking joints, especially ankles and shoulders. Constipation. Irritability. Interrupted sleep.

#8 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

Bump...any help
Please. I know I’m a bother but I’m desperate. Happy to post lab work but it won’t show much of anything (everything within range).

There’s some cognitive issue at play and really I’m just asking that people throw out a few theories.

As regards genetics I have a VDR -/- polymorphism, also A1298C MTFHR -/-

#9 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:53 PM

Adding high dose k2 might be prudent if adequate D levels cause calcium issues.

"Vitamin K and Cardiovascular Disease

Cardiovascular disease affects millions of people around the world. It is the leading cause of mortality in the western world. The major underlying disease is atherosclerosis. Current medical treatments are often invasive and surgical, and medications can have toxic side effects. Vitamin K is not known to be toxic.

* A key vitamin K dependent protein is matrix Gla protein (MGP), and is the most important inhibitor of arterial calcification – or of plaque build up in arteries. Mice who have been genetically bred without MGP die within weeks due to rupture of their arteries.

* Gla needs an adequate amount of vitamin K available in order to function effectively and inhibit calcium. If Gla has enough vitamin K available to it, it becomes ‘carboxylated’. This is desirable, as it means that your body has enough vitamin K for health.

* Research has measured Matrix Gla Protein in the body and low amounts of Gla are correlated with high arterial calcification scores – a key measure of the extent of heart disease, meaning most folks with heart disease are also vitamin K deficient.

* It is now understood that atherosclerosis and heart disease are part of the vascular-bone axis, and can result from dysregulation of calcium in the body – rather than going to bones and teeth, etc, it ends up in veins and arteries.

* Peer reviewed scientific research indicates that adequate amounts of vitamin K can reverse heart disease.

Research has identified several ways that carboxylation can be disrupted, meaning that heart disease can begin. People with these events should take vitamin K.

1. antibiotics can affect the bacteria in your gut, interfering with the metabolism of vitamin K from food.

2. vaccinations can have the same effect.

3. a diet which is low in green leafy vegetables, meaning your diet doesn’t give you enough vitamin K

4. medications such as warfarin, or coumarin, which is prescribed for blood clots. Warfarin interferes with vitamin K and people taking warfarin often develop heart disease as a result."

#10 MankindRising

• 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:09 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25536521

#11 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

Symptoms. Clicking joints, especially ankles and shoulders. Constipation. Irritability. Interrupted sleep.

Have you tried taking POtassium and Mg to counteract the hypercalemia? 

this is a horse study but it shows potassium and Mg both are depleted in this condition. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/17472456

Edited by Phoebus, 17 February 2019 - 09:37 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:25 PM

Have you tried taking POtassium and Mg to counteract the hypercalemia?

this is a horse study but it shows potassium and Mg both are depleted in this condition.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/17472456

MG I have tried with mixed effects. Can’t rely on it, sometimes works, sometimes not.

Potassium...isn’t that dangerous?

Also, any speculation as to what my underlying problem is? I react to vit D in a way I react to absolutely nothing else at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vit d, cholecalciferol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users