underrated

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dosquito

• 253 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:39 AM

I take all of these once per week to hedge my bets:

1. (apo)Lactoferrin

Everything indicates that this supplement is a slam dunk, yet it's rarely discussed. Probably the best way to manage iron.

2. Astaxanthin

Eye health + extremely potent antioxidant.

3. NAC

Seems to have a whole host of benefits and perfect before a night out to prevent hangover.

4. Tocotrienols

Why not? Vitamin E is one of the most prevalent deficiencies.

#2 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:55 AM

I enjoy copper 1 niacin mixed with a little bit of virgin cod liver oil. It is wonderful to me as I have been copper deficient my whole life. Not getting the correct copper 1 at 28 electrons. The energy I feel is how human beings should feel. Polar Power salmon oil is good too and contains astaxanthin. I am out of it currently and will probably order some bottles of it In the future.  I personally eat about 42-45 grams of raw hulled sunflower seeds a day and have been interested in getting tocotrienols, what do you think on them? I would like to see copper 1 niacin everywhere as people need it. Until we can genetically modify plants to contain adequate copper 1 we need copper 1 niacin. It is by far the most underrated supplement I take.  That and good quality DHA and EPA is a great nootropic. I suppose it can be considered a nootropic but it is really a required part of life. I take it and I feel so amazing, how a human being is supposed to feel in life. I ate a lot of raw unpasteurized walnuts the other night , which is supposed to contain high levels of copper, and I didn't get such a  good feeling from the walnuts, maybe the soil was low on copper.  Another supplement is a good multi mineral, I get my minerals from ALBION, everything from calcium to vanadium.  I enjoy a good b-complex to throughout the day. People need a minimum of 14 mg per kg of vitamin C so this is underrated.  Most underrated for previous smokers would be desmodium adscendens. It would be good for former alcohol drinkers also.  I smoked for 13 years and quit 4 years ago. I can breathe very deep and healthy taking desmodium adscndens tea. I do about 10 grams a day of powder. Moringa is underrated in increasing intercellular glutathione. It is the miracle tree!

• Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

I take all of these once per week to hedge my bets:

1. (apo)Lactoferrin

Everything indicates that this supplement is a slam dunk, yet it's rarely discussed. Probably the best way to manage iron.

2. Astaxanthin

Eye health + extremely potent antioxidant.

3. NAC

Seems to have a whole host of benefits and perfect before a night out to prevent hangover.

4. Tocotrienols

Why not? Vitamin E is one of the most prevalent deficiencies.

Lactoferrin-discuss?

Might that not boost your iron levels into a dangerous category? Haven't we all been told never to supplement iron?

If you recall I documented my iron experiences a few months back, it seemed quite dopaminergic initially but then I got some weird side effects and ceased.
  • Disagree x 1

#4 dosquito

• Topic Starter
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

Apolactoferrin absorbs excess iron

#5 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:24 PM

Apolactoferrin absorbs excess iron

What effects have you noted?

#6 dosquito

• Topic Starter
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

I take way too much stuff to notice that, but basically it robs viruses of potential iron. One study showed it reduced the incidence of colds by like 50% in runners. It's like k2 but for iron instead of calcium

#7 Skyguy2005

• 291 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:44 PM

Red Reishi Mushroom!!

• Agree x 1

#8 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:00 AM

Jiaogulan. Helps my lungs stay clear and open (have long term damage from dust and chemicals). Helps to keep the dopaminergic system primed by protecting and increasing the numbers of DA receptors in the brain and gut. Thought to increase longevity via increases in AMPK and lengthening of telomeres.

#9 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

Do you take the Jiaogulan in powder or extract form?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

Do you take the Jiaogulan in powder or extract form?

Powder in the form of capsules.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: underrated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users