• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best caffeine/guarana stack to remove anxiety and improve mood lifting effects?

caffeinee energy mood guarana stack

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grandmaster

• 217 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:00 PM

Hello

I have tried many nootropics and supplements(overall  over 100 different ones)since last 5 years but nothing works for me as good and as predictable as caffeine. As coffee sometimes makes me sleepy(same with yerba, cola nuts, green tea etc) i often take caffeine caps with taurine or guarana extract 500mg(22% of caffeine standarised extract). Problem is it often makes me too anxious for the first hours after taking, especially in +100 mg doses. I know that adenosine antagonism is anxiogenic and caffeine rises cortisol. In my case histamine may also play a role(slight histamine intolerance) so i use quercetin and sometimes vitamin C in larger doses, magnsimum + sometimes non sedating anthistamines like desloratadine. 

What are the best stacks to improve caffeine in field of lifting one's mood and removing anxiety it casues? Best one for me is stacking it with large dose of Vitamin C + mag. Citrate but only with anti diarrheal medicines as its  literally a very shitty stack and apparently stopped working for me properly.

I also tried:

- caffeine with good red reishi extract but sometimes it makes me paradoxically sleepy,

-l-theanine - spaced out and anxious at the same time - bad experience

-with chinese skullcap - same as reishi

-taurine - it kinda removes part of anxiety caffeine causes but when i take it few times during the day it makes me sleepy as taurine can be sedating

Recently i tried caffeine with l ortnithine - but not HCL form only aspartate and it made me feel weird. There are studies in which people took 100mg of caffeine with 250mg of ornithine HCL and it improved energy from caffeine, better mood and  cortisol was lower after this tack than in group which took caffeine alone or a placebo so it looks very good on paper(link is under the post). Should i try HCL form? My bad effects may be result of aspartate form?

Regards

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4287333/

Edited by Grandmaster, 04 February 2019 - 05:04 PM.

#2 TerraMessorem

• 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:46 PM

I tried guarana, dhea and kola nut(the red one), guarana 100mg dhea 100mg red kola nut 1
i was hypomanic for a week, loud and pressured speech, excited by everything.
but then i developed really painful muscle spasms, because the stack was burning all my fat, i could barely pinch my skin, my muscles were pushing into it, as the fat was gone. muscles would just spasm, especially back, and calf muscles, id cringe in pain for several minutes.

i removed the guarana after that and after a few days those effects were all gone.

Examine.com says guarana dose is max 100mg, how were you taking 500mg.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caffeinee, energy, mood, guarana, stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users