• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What Resveratrol does Dr. Sinclair take?

resveratrol

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:48 PM

Does anyone know?

#2 Oakman

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:39 PM

Don't believe so. Would be nice to though. Whether trans-R or cis-R or the typical combo in some percentage...we just don't know. We only know he has 'buckets' in his basement from some study he did from his interviews.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Forever21

• Topic Starter
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Don't believe so. Would be nice to though. Whether trans-R or cis-R or the typical combo in some percentage...we just don't know. We only know he has 'buckets' in his basement from some study he did from his interviews.

Thanks for replying to this and the other post I made for you. If you don't mind me asking, what NMN / NR / NAD+ / Niagen do you take? From what source? Dose, food/nofood, night/day?

Edited by Forever21, 26 February 2019 - 08:44 PM.

#4 Oakman

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for replying to this and the other post I made for you. If you don't mind me asking, what NMN / NR / NAD+ / Niagen do you take? From what source? Dose, food/nofood, night/day?

NMN = ABN Sublingual 125 mg / Couple sublinguals a day except when cycling then varies add 3-6 more

NR = none at the moment. Stopped end Dec 2018.  / Last I did take was 'Ceragen Cognitive Enhancer', w/250 mg Niagen.  When I was taking it - w/food AM. I stopped to see what happens (result: nothing noticeable)

NAD+ = 'Piping Rock True N.A.D.', 260mg / 2 per day w/food AM

ATP = Swanson PeakATP, 400 mg (Adenosine 5'-Triphosphate Disodium) 1/day & 1 before/during cycling

#5 Forever21

• Topic Starter
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:42 AM

NMN = ABN Sublingual 125 mg / Couple sublinguals a day except when cycling then varies add 3-6 more

NR = none at the moment. Stopped end Dec 2018.  / Last I did take was 'Ceragen Cognitive Enhancer', w/250 mg Niagen.  When I was taking it - w/food AM. I stopped to see what happens (result: nothing noticeable)

NAD+ = 'Piping Rock True N.A.D.', 260mg / 2 per day w/food AM

ATP = Swanson PeakATP, 400 mg (Adenosine 5'-Triphosphate Disodium) 1/day & 1 before/during cycling

Wait, what? You take all? Why 3 different forms of the same thing? NMN NR NAD+ = aren't those one and the same?

• Ill informed x 1

#6 Oakman

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:28 PM

Wait, what? You take all? Why 3 different forms of the same thing? NMN NR NAD+ = aren't those one and the same?

The end goal for all these is reaping positive energy to power cellular processes. Maybe that will maintain the cellular status quo, and even hold back aging and extend longevity or at least healthspan. Perhaps you could say all are aiming towards negentropy. Specifically, NMN and NR are in somewhat of a scientific discovery battle to prove which is the best precursor of NAD+ in various parts of the extra and intracellular matrix. And NAD+ is the substance they help produce. All are distinct and separate entities. 

Whether the current supplementation vogue of any or all of them is either necessary or truly helpful is as yet a question, but the odds are that science is getting close to agreeing that at least NR and NMN are, with NAD+ a distant 3rd because of the difficulty of assimilation from outside the body. 

Because nothing yet is certain, and all are readily available, so my choice of supplementing all of them, either together or separately, along with ATP. 

#7 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

Sinclair takes micronized resveratrol powder and mixes it in something creamy. He told me this.  As to brand I don't know.

Revgenetics makes 98%micronized resveratrol powder. 

• Informative x 1

#8 Oinen

• Registrant
  • 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:24 AM

Sinclair mixes it in homemade yogurt he makes

#9 WinnieBeeRich

• Registrant
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:09 PM

I'd been on resveratrol on and off for the past 2 years. Tried mutiple brands. From my personal experiences with resveratrol, the effects of cheap ones and expensive ones vary strikingly. 

Most of the time I took a locally-made brand. very cheap. Affordable to anyone. And the effects are okay. The increase in energy and endurance was obvious. I no longer had problem getting up in the morning. Woke up naturally without eye being foggy. And would stay energetic all day long. No longer needed noon naps. And my breast pain went away almost entirely. 

Years of overwork and severe lack of sleep had made me age faster than ordinary people. As a result I was almost on the brink of menopause.Cheap resveratrols did me a lot of good but my menstruation didn't improve a teeny bit. But an expensive brand seemed to be the ultimate game changer. Only after 4 days of taking the expensive brand, my period came and to my astonishment it was flooding (within normal range!!!) And my allergy and joint pain got better almost instantly. (With the cheap ones, my joint problem worsened)

Also the expensive brand saved one of my long-time neighbors from the brink of liver transplantation. And now he's an active resveratrol enthusiast.

I won't mention the expensive brand in case I sound like a scammer. BUT, I've tried multiple methods to "enhance" my cheap resveratrol brand to achieve the same effects as the expensive one.  So far, in vain. The cheap resveratrol is also micronized powder, I dissolved it in porridge to make the powder evenly dispersed and absorbed. But no improvements in effect. So the huge differences between cheap and expensive brand is difficult to explain. If Dr. Sinclair mixes it in yogurt,  it‘’s possible that he also wants to produce a colloid..  

I'm seriously thinking of coming back to the expensive resveratrol. Although the price is exorbitant, it might worth it. Even Life Extension's mitochondrial optimizer and NMN didn't improve my menstruation half as the expensive resveratrol did.

That said,  any suggestions to "enhance" the cheap one's "formula" is welcomed. I'm always open to any advice on saving money. :laugh:  Who isn‘’t :-D  :-D  :-D

Also, any logical explanations to the huge differences between the cheap and the expensive brand? 

Need to go now. Way past my bedtime. Best regards to everyone.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#10 Oakman

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:35 PM

The only thing I've heard Sinclair say is he takes R w/yogurt. Why? Maybe fat content (unless nonfat yogurt!), whey, or something else. As far as solubility of R...

"trans-Resveratrol is soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, DMSO, and dimethyl formamide (DMF), which should be purged with an inert gas. The solubility of trans-Resveratrol in ethanol and DMSO is approximately 50 mg/ml and approximately 100 mg/ml in DMF."

As to why one brand seems different to you than another, well of course, maybe one is knotweed, or some other plant based product which is not 100% trans-R. 100% trans-R is just that 100%, not 100% R mixed with something else. What I see is that most R sold is NOT 100% R when you read the label carefully, regardless of advertising. The leasr $$ pure product I've found is CurEase powder.

In a recent video posted elsewhere here, Sinclair says he takes his R with NMN and Metformin, perhaps that the 'magic formula'? Who knows!!

#11 WinnieBeeRich

• Registrant
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:24 AM

The only thing I've heard Sinclair say is he takes R w/yogurt. Why? Maybe fat content (unless nonfat yogurt!), whey, or something else. As far as solubility of R...

"trans-Resveratrol is soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, DMSO, and dimethyl formamide (DMF), which should be purged with an inert gas. The solubility of trans-Resveratrol in ethanol and DMSO is approximately 50 mg/ml and approximately 100 mg/ml in DMF."

As to why one brand seems different to you than another, well of course, maybe one is knotweed, or some other plant based product which is not 100% trans-R. 100% trans-R is just that 100%, not 100% R mixed with something else. What I see is that most R sold is NOT 100% R when you read the label carefully, regardless of advertising. The leasr $$ pure product I've found is CurEase powder.

In a recent video posted elsewhere here, Sinclair says he takes his R with NMN and Metformin, perhaps that the 'magic formula'? Who knows!!

Thanks, Oakman. is knotweed better or worse? What difference does it make if a resveratrol is or is not made from knotweed?

the cheap brand I bought(which worsened my joint problems) is made from Hu Zhang, it's native to China but also known as Japanese knotweed. So I presume it is at least close relative to knotweed? I've also tried several Australian brands, acceptable prices. But none has half the good effects as the most expensive brand. Money counts!!!! :excl:

As to trans- or cis-, I was chatting with the manufacturer of the cheap brand, she insisted that their product is authority-certified trans resveratrol and is subject to strict legal requirements. She thinks the expensive one has some over-the-top additives( I thought so too, previously). But as my understandings of aging deepens,  I now tend to think all the "magic" effects of the expensive brand point to enhanced mitochondrial function and repairment of DNA injuries. (Ovarian rejuvenation and Liver repairment, what else can do the job?). BUT, even Life Extension's Mitocondrial Optimizer isn't as effective as the expensive resveratrol. (Money counts money counts money counts..... :excl:  :excl:  :excl: Bad news for purse)

Lastly, can you tell me in his latest interview, how much resveratrol and NMN does Sinclair take daily? Does he take them together or respectively? Some suggest me to take NMN and resveratrol at different time, for example, resveratrol in the morning and NMN at noon....Should I take them that way?

#12 WinnieBeeRich

• Registrant
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:39 AM

I google for David Sinclair's latest photos now and then. If his web photos are true reflections of his real status and he didn't have laser therapy(apologies for my womanly mindset *blushes* ), he looks incredibly good for his age. 

Despite my premature aging,  I keep getting compliments like "you look young for your age". I usually accept them as they are because I think I do look good( when I have enough sleep). *blushes*   But David Sinclair, at age 50, I think he even looks younger than me.  (in some way)

One of China's top star is the same age as Sinclair . Someone was sharing  her latest photo just now. Despite all the blatant flatteries like"She still looks like a middle schooler", her HA-filled face is in no way comparable to Sinclair's natural young look. She looks like Sinclair's dear old aunt!!

I'd jump at Sinclair's brand and dosing.....crossing fingers.

Edited by WinnieBeeRich, 25 September 2019 - 04:45 AM.

#13 WinnieBeeRich

• Registrant
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:00 AM

And I'm still wondering does Sinclair take resveratrol together(at the same time) with NMN or respectively? Like, resveratrol in the morning and NMN 2 hrs after.? And how much resveratrol and NMN does he take daily? Some LC posters know him in person so we're sort of informationally privileged, aren't we? :happy:

Many thanks in advance. :)

#14 Oakman

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:21 PM

And I'm still wondering does Sinclair take resveratrol together(at the same time) with NMN or respectively? Like, resveratrol in the morning and NMN 2 hrs after.? And how much resveratrol and NMN does he take daily? Some LC posters know him in person so we're sort of informationally privileged, aren't we? :happy:

Many thanks in advance. :)

He says he takes in the morning...roughly from the interview,

"...so you said that the only supplement you take is vitamin D, so how are you getting Resveratrol in the system? Is it a drug if that be prescribed? I'm taking Resveratrol I have them and when we call that out ...it's commercially available it is if it's a legitimate seller and it's 98 plus percent pure ... I take a teaspoon into my yogurt that's probably close to a gram everyday everyday. Are you taking any nmn or is nmn or is it just your dad? Both of us okay and then metformin. Those three anything else those the main things that I think are helpful"

The amounts seem to vary over different times/interviews, but it's always these three. The Vit D is new from what I've heard him say before. He should get out in the sun more while exercising! In this one he doesn't say exactly except for "roughly a gram of R", no mention of Metformin or NMN amounts.

Great you can get the video, I've listened to it a couple times, and I'm still digesting all the info he relates. He seems to be on an aging  thing that is, ' Level one, level 2, level 3" as far as interventions go, and thinks one is easy, two is what is being done nowadays, and three is where the real benefits are to come. You'll understand once you watch him. 

• Informative x 1

#15 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:18 PM

I google for David Sinclair's latest photos now and then. If his web photos are true reflections of his real status and he didn't have laser therapy(apologies for my womanly mindset *blushes* ), he looks incredibly good for his age. 

There is no question that he underwent some cosmetic procedure(s). Forehead wrinkles clearly visible in videos from a few years ago do not melt from taking R and NMN and yet they are barely visible now.

The frozen almost motionless forehead betrays his having some botox and filler shots.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news but it should be pointed out so people don't hold false hopes.

• unsure x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#16 bentl

• Life Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:21 PM

In the Rhonda Patrick video he says that he takes 1 gm NMN in capsule in the morning, and roughly a gram of Resveratrol in yogurt for the fat content

#17 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:41 PM

You can find what resveratrol Sinclair uses by reading the Methods section of his papers.  It was said he uses some surplus from one of his studies.

• like x 1

#18 Castiel

• 374 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:07 PM

Sinclair mixes it in homemade yogurt he makes

I wonder how yogurt compares to milk.   Milk is said to interfere with the absorption of green tea's beneficial molecules, as well as chocolate's beneficial molecules.

I think it is the casein that interferes with plant compound absorption, but not sure.   Would have to see how yogurt processing affects milk.

https://www.npr.org/...lking-it-or-not

https://www.healthli...ck-antioxidants

That said,  any suggestions to "enhance" the cheap one's "formula" is welcomed. I'm always open to any advice on saving money. :laugh:  Who isn‘’t :-D  :-D  :-D

Also, any logical explanations to the huge differences between the cheap and the expensive brand? 

Need to go now. Way past my bedtime. Best regards to everyone.

I think the emodin content might cause it to flush out of the system too soon in 50% cheap Japanese knotweed resveratrol.

As for enhancing bioavailability I think taking the pills along with a bit of grass fed butter might be good.   Also adding piperine, but piperine affects many medications, so it would depend on a case by case basis.

There is no question that he underwent some cosmetic procedure(s). Forehead wrinkles clearly visible in videos from a few years ago do not melt from taking R and NMN and yet they are barely visible now.

The frozen almost motionless forehead betrays his having some botox and filler shots.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news but it should be pointed out so people don't hold false hopes.

I don't know about him, but  I had some significant forehead wrinkles once, but I don't have them now, yet I have not had any procedure done other than supplements.   So I think it is possible he hasn't either.

Edited by Castiel, 18 November 2019 - 10:21 PM.

#19 Hermuller

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:28 PM

Ha yeah the forehead wrinkles are very different from the ~7year old ted talk and recent videos... In newer videos the forehead only moves on the outside above the eyes, not in the middle. That's either a really good sign or a really bad one xD

#20 newbieLLP

• 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:08 PM

You can usually get a good idea of a person's skin health (and how it's aging over the years) by looking at the bottom-front of their neck.  I'd assume by how Dr. Sinclair had straight eyebrows in his old videos but now has pretty slanted ones that he's had a face-lift.

#21 Gal220

• 1,042 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:26 PM

Not impressed with his use of a statin and metformin.

Limits protein intake?

I wouldnt put much stock in the resvertrol he is using. 

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#22 Castiel

• 374 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 06:24 AM

Not impressed with his use of a statin and metformin.

Limits protein intake?

I wouldnt put much stock in the resvertrol he is using. 

Problem is the dairy might be interfering with absorption.

I think he said he used to take from a batch he had left from experiments.  I think it's high purity micronized resveratrol, and he approximates the amount, iirc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resveratrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users