Magnesium (every form) = acid attack?

magnesium acid stomach

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MankindRising

• 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:05 PM

Citrate, sulfate, magnesium chloride (transdermal). Literally happens within 1minute after either smearing it (magnesium chloride) or ingesting mag cit/mag sulf.

Hows this possible, isnt magnesium supposed to help balance out stomach acid.

#2 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:17 PM

You mean acid reflux? In many cases it is caused by too little stomach acid produced.

Acid reflux is due to poor closure of the lower esophageal sphincter, which is at the junction between the stomach and the esophagus.[5]

Betain-hcl would help in this case.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 MankindRising

• Topic Starter
  • 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:22 PM

You mean acid reflux? In many cases it is caused by too little stomach acid produced.

Betain-hcl would help in this case.

Betaine hcl and ACV more or less burned a hole in my stomach in the 2017-2018 winter I wont go down that route again.

Dont take this personally but Im getting kind of pissed with people advising on every board, low stomach acid = GERD/reflux. Also the fact that I have ASD (and allergy like symptoms) makes me suspect high histamine.

Ive also used biogaia gastrus in the past (which works by increasing histamine in the gut), while having good results at first it ended up also aggrevating my flux and it literally felt as if acid was leaking through my entire body ('fake' tinunitis due to the acid touching some fiber which controls sound sensitivity, feeling that my eyes are 'sour', sour feeling in my dick... yes my dick)

Also I have been taking zinc a while in the past which I cant take anymore now either = guaranteed acid attack.

Cant handle any sodium either = acid attack.

Another thing... used to drink lots of orange juice daily (500ml minimum some days), eat lots of chocolate, ate lots of goat cheese, these are all histamine increasers and citrus foods increase histamine by decreasing its breakdown. All pointing to me having excess histamine.

One of the only things that gives me decent relieve, together with otc acid blockers such as calcium carbonate and chamomile tea.

In fact I can barely handle any food or supplements anymore.

I do appreciate your advice but I was hoping someone could tell me the way how magnesium influences this so drastically.

Also I have subclinical hypothyroidism, my TSH is finally proper supressed (since stopping coffee my tsh has come down from 2.5 ish in winter to 0.7 last measurement). Feel cold definetely aggrevates my reflux, aswel as shifting from standing up/sitting I notice it.

It seems to me that when my body recognizes cold it will ramp up acid production in an attempt to digest food better, after all better digested food would mean better thermogenesis and less cold.

Ive tried adding ashwagandha but it seems to aggrevate the reflux every time in the winter, I was hoping it would improve my thyroid function during the winter but nevermind that its part of the nightshade family and contraindicated in autoimmune thyroid problems. So Im guessing its like gluten and somehow blocking the cellular effects of thyroid hormones.

Only thing that seems to have helped is eating grapes with meals or taking a low dose of resveratrol (which shows benefit in multiple autoimmune disorders).

Edited by MankindRising, 15 March 2019 - 10:29 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#4 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:51 AM

Betaine hcl and ACV more or less burned a hole in my stomach in the 2017-2018 winter I wont go down that route again.

Dont take this personally but Im getting kind of pissed with people advising on every board, low stomach acid = GERD/reflux. Also the fact that I have ASD (and allergy like symptoms) makes me suspect high histamine.....

In fact I can barely handle any food or supplements anymore.

I do appreciate your advice but I was hoping someone could tell me the way how magnesium influences this so drastically.

Sorry if my observation of GERD most often being associated with low stomach acid stepped on your toes. However, if you mentioned all your allergic reactions and what helps in the OP, I wouldn't even have mentioned.

I don't write on forums to bully anyone, I do it for finding solutions for also uncommon to my own multiple health-problems, and by that also profiting by learning. Out of this spirit again: Did you try anti-histamines?

For example high-dose ascorbic acid (also works as anti-histamine at high doses) abates all my very severe rhinitis symptoms within 10 minutes of taking. And contrary to most fearing too much acidity from it, on high-doses for years I have rather be concerned about having repeatedly a highly alkaline blood pH above normal range.

If that question and experience again make you angry, we do have one condition in common. Beside being rather unusually mellow, my autonomic nervous system is for some reason out of balance and in sympathetic overdrive. Reducing every possible stressor for years helped in this regard.

Citrate, sulfate, magnesium chloride (transdermal). Literally happens within 1minute after either smearing it (magnesium chloride) or ingesting mag cit/mag sulf.

Allergies to citrus fruits or sulfates are not rare. So your reaction might rather be to those, then to Mg or Na itself.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 MankindRising

• Topic Starter
  • 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:54 PM

Sorry if my observation of GERD most often being associated with low stomach acid stepped on your toes. However, if you mentioned all your allergic reactions and what helps in the OP, I wouldn't even have mentioned.

I don't write on forums to bully anyone, I do it for finding solutions for also uncommon to my own multiple health-problems, and by that also profiting by learning. Out of this spirit again: Did you try anti-histamines?

For example high-dose ascorbic acid (also works as anti-histamine at high doses) abates all my very severe rhinitis symptoms within 10 minutes of taking. And contrary to most fearing too much acidity from it, on high-doses for years I have rather be concerned about having repeatedly a highly alkaline blood pH above normal range.

If that question and experience again make you angry, we do have one condition in common. Beside being rather unusually mellow, my autonomic nervous system is for some reason out of balance and in sympathetic overdrive. Reducing every possible stressor for years helped in this regard.

Allergies to citrus fruits or sulfates are not rare. So your reaction might rather be to those, then to Mg or Na itself.

Not a problem I understand your trying to help. However my experience with betaine hcl and vinegar was an absolute nightmare. I feel as if this is partially where it all started, followed by the immuno supressive qualities of memantine which I was on around a month after that for my ASD. I got (stomach) flu, insane enlarged salivary glands on my tongue which havent gone away ever since.

Almonds, bananas are also strong triggers in me, it seems that the whole reflux thing is friggin science on its own. I do have semi-chronic constipation though that kind of comes and goes.

Basically everything that smells and tastes acidic gives me problems. Ive used larger quantities of vitamin c in the past aswell for my mood which helped well but it seems somewhere around oktober this year I developed an extreme sensitivity to any form of acidic food.

Biogaia gastrus also seems to have aggrevated stuff eventually (which stimulates H2 receptors in the gut) and nope I havent tried an antihistamine, im scared as hell to try any meds atm in fear of making stuff worse and Ive been pushing my doc to send me to the hospital to investigate my gut from the inside with a camera, but theres a god damn long procedure and protocol for that and ive been send to different clinics to get stuff as an xray of my stomach done and this did show up chronic constipation with low motility. I got prescribed 'Movicolon' for that which contains Macrogol, sodium carb, pottas. chlor., sodium chlor.

I cant handle any table salt at all, its a guaranteed acid attacks. So is eating meals from the supermarket that are premade. I have to cook all of my meals myself its horrible and sucks up so much time and quality of life.

Potatoes, tomatoes, peppers (all nightshade family), chili and other spice and also butter really sets me off.

Its just so complex there an autoimmune component in my problems (which I believe attacks my body and gut - hence resveratrol and grapes helping more than any medicine), together with my ASD (which obviously has issues with tryptophan/serotonin/immune balance).

Also sulfates is definetely an issues, I was addicted to eating raisins which often contain high quantities of sulfates.

The whole magnesium thing puzzles me, every form of magnesium and sodium sets my problems off.

So does potassium CITRATE, and apples (which contain malic acid), this all sets me off like no tomorrow.

Its just so all damn complex, but one thing that struck me is that the whole aryl hydrocarbon receptor/tryptophan/cox2/pge2/histamine thing is definetely real. I have somehow fucked up my allready delicate balance (semi)permanently after I got sick ~14months ago with severe (stomach)flu, during this period it literally felt as someone shot holes with a gun in my stomach and it seems this year when the temperature drops <8-10 celcius the problems instantly arrive.

Yesterday I tried cdp-choline (for the first time in ages) to see if choline is a trigger for me and I did get a huge acid flare that lasted pretty much the entire day and even now (the day after) I still feel the remnants of it. From what I understand is that choline stimulates acid and cdp-choline by itself can raise TSH (which can then - atleast I think - trigger my autoimmune problems in my gut).

Interesting resveratrol (in studies of subclinical hypothyroidism and acetic acid induced colitis and ulcers) seems to protect and greatly help against the symptoms. Also resveratrol can lower TSH (despite also lowering T4 and T3).

With regards to the whole potatoe/banana and butter connection, they all got 1 thing in common: they stimulate butyric acid which can aggrevate acid reflux in some people. Bananas and potatoes contain fibers that stimulate endogenous butyrate production and always shortly after eating a banana I can literally hear my stomach for 2mins long (I normally never hear my stomach btw, its like a silent dead pit with semi bloated and constipated). Obviously bananas are also a source of tryptophan and it does contain b6, this could stimulate/alter serotonin signalling.... ughhh its driving me nuts. Together with the fact that tryptophan is food for bacteria in the gut that can produce indoles and subsequently alter aryl hydrocarbon signalling and this potently alter immune function.

I feel like I should buy a tryptophan supplement (shame they only come in 500mg pills). Maybe I can just open the capsule and only take 50-100mg and take it on an empty stomach.

Would addressing what my problems are first be a better idea? I mean... I know of the dangers of certain meds/drugs such anti-biotics.

Also have been thinking about an elimination diet, but I get insane cravings on them eventually. Especially for (you guessed it) the food that I seem to respond bad to.... such as bananas, raisins and almonds (which I forgot to say are also a strong acid trigger in me and do contain a fair bit of tryptophan).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magnesium, acid, stomach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users