• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

New BioMin bioactive glass (like NovaMin)

biomin novamin toothpaste sensodyne dr. collins

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:56 PM

I just noticed there's a new competitor to NovaMin called BioMin. There are two kinds of BioMin, BioMin C and BioMin F. BioMin F includes calcium, phosphate, and fluoride. BioMin C includes calcium, phosphate, and chloride instead of fluoride. BioMin C is available in the US in Dr. Collins BioMin Toothpaste, and is on Amazon.

How is BioMin™ different from NovaMin®?  <-- This is about BioMin F.

I ran across this in this article: The curious history of NovaMin toothpaste. It's so weird that GSK never produced a product with NovaMin in the US. 

I still have 2 more tubes left of the old Dr Collins toothpaste with NovaMin that I keep in the refrigerator. I bought 12 tubes off ebay just before it disappeared from the market. I'm glad there's a replacement now. I alternate every other time with Sensodyne toothpaste that I get from the UK because it contains NovaMin (unlike the US product). The downside to Sensodyne is that it also contains fluoride. I'm not against fluoride, but it means you have to rinse your mouth out. I don't know if there's any evidence for it, but I fear that makes it less effective because you're going to wash away some of the NovaMin. With Dr. Collins toothpastes, the instructions say "DO NOT rinse mouth."

When Dr. Collins toothpaste was discontinued I emailed them and said how disappointed I was. They said they were working on a replacement that would be even better. I thought that was very unlikely, but it looks like maybe they have one at least as good.

#2 ekaitz

• 67 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:52 AM

In the website they advice to use Biomin C prior to consuming food. Shouldn't be right after too?

Edited by ekaitz, 06 September 2019 - 09:55 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biomin, novamin, toothpaste, sensodyne, dr. collins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users