• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Very interesting idea using magnetism and super-cooling

cryonics supercooling magnetism electromagnetism locking stop ageing slow ageing motion heat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dream Big

• 70 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

So we know Cryonics is a hot experimental area of research/testing right now, there's a lot one can try to make it work better. And currently, we do do Cryonics right now for those who sign up and hopefully it is doing its job right now, but maybe not. It simply isn't done sophisticatedly enough

The goal of Cryonics is to restart the frozen person, as if they were just given back 'heat' and back to the thinking they left off at in their head. Another possibility is the matter of the body is "close enough" to fix, even though this crosses the 'not same you' barrier and may create a new you.

Below I try to present an idea that is one that would slow ageing, and would not put you in a state of frost bite (ruined...) but would only 'slow you down' while still alive. Of course if you slow down too much, you may stop thinking, but this type of halting is a next-moment thing; you aren't frost-bitten (damaged), you just are let go from the machine and are given "heat" once again and start thinking again. And, we stop thinking all the time, there is never a total continuous stream of 'thoughts', there's a speed limit to processing/recognizing objects!

The idea to experiment with:

Imagine dropping a household magnet from your hand above the floor. It hits the floor. If you put another magnet in the middle that is close enough, the magnet you drop from your hand will, as it reaches halfway toward the floor, attract to the other magnet beside it, and resist gravity - it never hits the floor. If the falling magnet was heading towards a destination (the floor), this could be thought of as life in general, ageing, and that 2nd magnet kept it from hitting the ground. It literally stops the motion that was in the falling magnet.

All atoms are magnetic to some degree, and they can become magnetized and stronger (ever see metal go from non-magnetic to magnetic and only then stick to the magnet next to it?). If we were to make a human stick to a very strong magnet, you will probably become a pancake and die because the attraction is way to high. So, you resist gravity, and ageing, but you become a pancake anyhow.

Now for the next point. Have you seen supercooled magnets stay 'locked' above a magnet below themselves? They float in air...as if there is no gravity, and they stay locked in relative to the magnet's position. Now, imagine the 'drop a magnet' experiment I presented earlier, except this time the magnet we drop is supercooled. This time, the magnet falls halfway, and it just stops right there, it doesn't attract-in to the 2nd magnet on the left-hand side, it just stays apart from it, locked where it is.

Now, let's again imagine a human who is supercooled and placed near a magnet, this time it doesn't attract to the magnet and become flat like a pancake, the human just stays locked in place, resisting gravity. If the human resists gravity, then he human's atoms are moving slower because the atoms are paying attention to the 2nd magnet. The human is locked in place near the 2nd magnet and are resisting motion.

Supercooling and magnetism are hand in hand. This is an interesting science. I hope this interests more research and experiments on this thinking. More info is below especially in paragraph #3 also.

Slowly starting experiments:

As a start, we could take a solution that is liquidy, that "ages" after a day, and see if the ageing slows down even a bit. We can also try more harder non-liquidy solutions but not too hard - the harder they are the slower they age and would be longer experiments. Maybe even try gas.

We could take water, put it in a box as gas vapor, where they float locked in the air. We could put water filled in a box completely and could place many little very very lightweight capsules 'biomarkers' in the box of water that move when the water moves and we could therefore see if the water moves 'slower' than one in a box with no magnet. This experiment in particular should work because we have done this with water spheres floating, resisting gravity/external pushes, because the water doesn't want to move! And brains are mushy and made of a ton of water.

The idea is to align the atoms of the subject, and cooling seems to do this, creating less resistance in superconductors. However this cooling, while removes attention on the random motions/rotations in the subject, also requires us ADD attention on the atoms i.e. add a powerful magnet next to the subject to lock them in place, and not get frost bite! Not only does it help, it goes hand-in-hand. To create the 'locking' requires supercooling. And, to do safer supercooling, also requires the 'locking'.

Would anyone like to research this with me or work on defining experiments to propose/test ourselves?

#2 Dream Big

• Topic Starter
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:33 AM

The video below shows that water is very prone for us to levitate using a powerful magnet. An important first step to do this to humans is to do it to water because humans are mostly made of water, including the brain. What the video below shows is a blob of water stuck/locked in the air floating and resisting gravity/pokes by human fingers or rods. All the heat around it acts on it less. It ages slower. I can imagine if the field was stronger, it would be very stiff and less wobbly, and age much slower. What the video doesn't show however, is super-cooling on the water, which would enhance it. Hence the frog bounces around like a normal magnet instead.

A good first tackle would be to levitate a blob of water and as it was in there, then afterwards later apply supercooling to see if the ice formation is less. Also, this may need to be done at the SAME time IF the levitation-locking makes crystals in the water. Then we can try multiple greater version tests and show the improvement in clarity of the frozen sphere of water.

A small toy home experiment would be one that is simple and shows barely (but just only enough!) effect/proof of the effect we need to see. We could buy a huge neodymium magnet, and put it near a super tiny shell of water hanging by a string attached to a small water boat above it or something with low friction, and super-cool the shell of water using liquid nitrogen. We would then look for the shell to first move when near the magnet, once we see this, we can try the liquid nitrogen. When we try the liquid nitrogen, we would look to see if the shell of water resists us blowing at it, or something, and then compare this to the shell of water at room temperature with no magnet so to check if we were 'locking' it in place just a bit. With enough effort, time, and money, this should be EASY to experiment and get results, I simply am too busy with AI.

Edited by Dream Big, 12 April 2019 - 04:35 AM.

#3 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:27 PM

When you have a "very interesting" idea, don't you think it would be neat to maybe do a quick search and distinguish it from what has been done and discussed before? 

"Magnetic freezing is nowadays established as a commercial reality"  Otero et al 2017 

Electric and magnetic fields in cryopreservation  by Brian Wowk 

https://www.longecit...s-alive-system/ @LongeCity

Thanks for the levitating frog though, always cheers me up.

• like x 1

#4 Dream Big

• Topic Starter
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

Ooo I like that caliban! Good finds!

I want to reply to you and show some more things too.

As for my idea being different or not, of course it is in line with the ones you presented. However my idea was considering a strong magnetic field on a super-cooled specimen so that the field locks the matter in-place, like a magnet. IOW removing heat is great, and it unfortunately makes ice crystals, but the field may also 'remove photons' in the sense that it locks them in place and the matter ignores the motion around them. To clarify what I mean, see the video below. Energy moves atoms, but only so much can be there or removed / there is only so much attention the atoms are able to pay (in terms of photons/motion).

https://www.youtube....h?v=VyOtIsnG71U

https://www.youtube....h?v=gJeqriqRYYE

A small toy home experiment would be one that is simple and shows barely (but just only enough!) effect/proof of the effect we need to see. We could buy a huge neodymium magnet, and put it near a super tiny shell of water hanging by a string attached to a small water boat above it or something with low friction, and super-cool the shell of water using liquid nitrogen. We would then look for the shell to first move when near the magnet, once we see this, we can try the liquid nitrogen. When we try the liquid nitrogen, we would look to see if the shell of water resists us blowing at it, or something, and then compare this to the shell of water at room temperature with no magnet so to check if we were 'locking' it in place just a bit. With enough effort, time, and money, this should be EASY to experiment and get results, I simply am too busy with AI.

https://www.youtube....h?v=MKMf7PCkoZQ

This too "holds" the water in the air from gravity, but it is just like a hand holding it...it doesn't mean the stuff INSIDE the water/brain is stopped ageing/resisting gravity, not at all. But for magnetic fields - I know they say super-cooling a magnet and placing it near another magnet to lock it in the air makes the field *expel from the object we care about, but, as you can see below, MRIs do penetrate and move the atoms/protons. However the humans in MRIs are not bathed in (some, more as they start up) gas of super-cooling with the MRI on at the same time, so I can't verify the field affects the atoms INSIDE.

https://www.nibib.ni...nce-imaging-mri

Edited by Dream Big, 14 April 2019 - 09:01 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cryonics, supercooling, magnetism, electromagnetism, locking, stop ageing, slow, ageing, motion, heat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users