• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Finding longevity drugs that work with a brief plasma half life, once a day dose?

longevity epitalon plasma melatonin senolytics dose aedg longevity on switches

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:10 PM

Are you aware of any drugs that when taken cause a longevity effect that occurs from a brief plasma half life, once a day dose?  

Some longevity chemicals with a sustained presence at the body are,

I think, supported with things like metformin circulating constantly, possibly doing some AMPK thing continuously, with the multi hour plsma half life providing a constant feed.

Are there longevity chemicals that function as longevity increasing switches?

Are there things where a dose, perhaps a high amplitude, narrow duration

of plasma concentration or effect dose that cause a published longevity effect?

Two (or maybe just one) that I can think of are melatonin and the peptide epitalon. 

At the brain, melatonin is released as a pulsatile event, so possibly brief duration of action.

I think I read melatonin make laboratory rodents live longer.

Epitalon is a 4 amino acid peptide that makes laboratory animals live longer (I perceive mid 20%) and be weller. 

I do not know much, but as a peptide, if you snort it, I can imagine it lasting minutes rather than hours at the circulation,

so perhaps it is a longevity turn on switch drug. 

Melatonin is a pineal gland secretion product, and epitalon is an engineered version of a pineal produced peptide.

It would thrill me if anyone here had ideas or knew about

brief high amplitude dose longevity drugs and chemicals.  What do you think some other ones are?

Senolytics also come to mind, “zap the senescent cytes with one

course of treatment, then live weller and longer afterwards”

is kind of different than brief plasma half life longevity drugs.

Thanks!

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:20 AM

I recall a post about Quercetin a while back, where the writer was puzzling over why the body excreted quercetin so quickly if it was such a valuable nutrient; and perhaps Q shouldn't be taken more than once a day as the body didn't seem to want continuous blood levels.  I don't have a link to the half-life, but I remember it did seem remarkably short.  

I'm interested in quercetin as it is an iron chelator, and thought once its done its chelation thing, it's done and can be excreted.  Curcumin is another iron chelator, which is also excreted rather swiftly, so perhaps this supports my theory.  

Caffeine/coffee & theobromine (in chocolate) are a couple of the few sources of dietary xanthines, which I believe is responsible for their therapeutic properties.  My theory is, perhaps dietary xanthines help neutralize excessive xanthine oxidaise (XO) in the body. XO is known to liberate iron from ferritin to a free, highly reactive form. Jeanne Calment (world's longest lived person) said she consumed about a kilo of chocolate a week.  

I believe there may be quite a few supps & nutrients that might be beneficial in brief exposures, but perhaps counterproductive if supplemented or consumed continuously.  

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: longevity, epitalon, plasma, melatonin, senolytics, dose, aedg, longevity on switches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users