Reporting your NR/NMN/C60 supplementation to your Doctorr

nad+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 joesixpack

• 467 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:01 AM

What do you think the pros and cons are, of reporting your supplementation to your treating physician?

I have had relief from osteoarthritis pain, regrowth of a legendary damaged great toenail, some apparent muscle improvement, and a few other minor things from supplementing with NR and C60, like faster growth of nails and hair.  Originally, I had some problems with using NR, which have been alleviated with the C60. I could not take more than 125 mg. I was one those who get overwhelmed by it. When I started using C60 I was able to take 250 mg without a problem. That began in March. I now cycle them and it seems to be working. So it has actually been about two months since the effects have been noticed.

I also take a multi vitamin, D3, TMG and a probiotic. 

I am 69 and in good health so far. Have not had the flu or a cold in years.. I started NR in September of 2018, C60 in March of 2019. I managed to get through the flu season without a vaccine.

Is there any point in telling the Dr.?

Does anyone have any experience to relate on this issue?

I think it would be met with skepticism and derision.

• like x 1

#2 Oakman

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:58 PM

Depends on your doc. I went in for my wellness visit with mine and presented a (long) list of supps. She asked how I managed to take them all every day and we chuckled a bit about it. She said she had no idea about them, and dutifully attached the list to my record, in case there was ever a need for any prescriptions and to know if there might be any interactions. I was happily somewhat surprised at the (lack of) reaction. So, as I said, guess it depends...

#3 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:27 AM

doctors are not require to know about c60 or nr and most don t know about them lol 

#4 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:00 PM

In 2016, I told my doctor's nurse I was taking NR (Naigen) because it might be good for the heart, and she said trials showed Niacin didn't help... I explained the difference but I doubt she got it. If good trial results come out in the next 12 months, I think many more doctors will know than currently do. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users