"keep it simple" stack feedback

stack simple

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:00 PM

Hi folks,

I was wondering if I should ditch magnesium and B complex from my current stack, since I’m going to add spirulina (2/3g) - I’m trying to keep as simple as possible and avoid any potential overlaps.

Here is my stack:

• magnesium threonate (just started this type, during the day. I’ve tried any kind of mag before bed and usually I get interrupted sleep)
  • fish oil
  • vit D3 + K2
  • B complex
  • taurine
  • curcumin
  • resveratrol
  • grape seed extract
  • black seed oil (I’ve seen rave reviews about benefits with hay fever, anxiety, cholesterol and focus but I’ve jut started LEF’s supplement and so far no apparent effect)
  • ashwagandha cycled with an “energy boosting” supp such as royal jelly, rhodiola, ginseng or cordyceps

Should I add zinc for helping with focus, dry scalp and anti-aromatase effect, or the Resveratrol + Grape Seed Extract combo is enough?

What about NAC? Could it help with overthinking, mild OCD and glutamate reduction or would it be overkill, considering that I already have some anti-oxidants in my stack?

Thanks!

• Agree x 1

#2 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:54 PM

1. Your better off just eating a very high quality diet. If you ate a 500/1000$ month diet that would be better than stacks. 

• Disagree x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:48 AM

1. Your better off just eating a very high quality diet. If you ate a 500/1000$ month diet that would be better than stacks. 

You seem to think everyone with a stack takes it for making up for a low quality diet. Most are however already aware that a high quality diet is the very base for any stack working really well. Along with other life-style changes.

A relatively high quality diet, without industrially processed foods, organic where it really matters (as with the thirty dozen, or anything from animal, etc) is already possible on a much lower budget. I spent about 200,- a month.

Sorry, but your advise is the most stupid I've seen in a long time, and would make most obese.

I was wondering if I should ditch magnesium and B complex from my current stack, since I’m going to add spirulina (2/3g)

To know if you're getting enough of some of the B-vitamins I would check with a homocysteine blood test. Needs are just too individual to depend on generalized recommendations only, like the RDA. Or opinions of people who never checked their metabolic markers.

Edited by pamojja, 30 June 2019 - 09:53 AM.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#4 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:50 AM

You seem to think everyone with a stack takes it for making up for a low quality diet. Most are however already aware that a high quality diet is the very base for any stack working really well. Along with other life-style changes.

A relatively high quality diet, without industrially processed foods, organic where it really matters (as with the thirty dozen, or anything from animal, etc) is already possible on a much lower budget. I spent about 200,- a month.

Sorry, but your advise is the most stupid I've seen in a long time, and would make most obese.

To know if you're getting enough of some of the B-vitamins I would check with a homocysteine blood test. Needs are just too individual to depend on generalized recommendations only, like the RDA. Or opinions of people who never checked their metabolic markers.

thx mate. Do you see any potential bad interactions in my stack? Do you think that adding NAC and zinc could be beneficial?

#5 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:10 PM

thx mate. Do you see any potential bad interactions in my stack? Do you think that adding NAC and zinc could be beneficial?

Though I do take everything and only experienced good interactions - due to bio-chemical individuality and everyone reacting differently/needing different doses - I could never answer if that applied to your case too.

The only way to navigate is to start with lowest possible doses, if necessary by taking only parts of tablets or capsules, and increase gradually to see at which doses there are most benefits, or adverse effects starting.

Zinc can be easily tested in blood.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#6 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

1. That's interesting you say that because your stack I've already taken all that you listed Oh and I've actually lived on a 500$ a month diet and I'm still 156. Obviously, I don't know what I'm talking about because I've actually done it.  500$ is nothing  and no it won't make you obese. Oh and I've spent hundreds of dollars on stacks, so I must have given the stupidest advice possible. I think it's rather amusing but ok if you say so.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#7 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:00 PM

1. That's interesting you say that because your stack I've already taken all that you listed Oh and I've actually lived on a 500$ a month diet and I'm still 156. Obviously, I don't know what I'm talking about because I've actually done it.

To suggest that a healthy diet has to be in the 500/1000 $ range is a self-defeating advise. Since with the shrinking of the middle-class only very few could afford that much anymore on a ongoing basis. Therefore I pointed out that it can be done relatively easily on a very tight budget too.

And you seem to confuse me with the OP.

Oh and I've spent hundreds of dollars on stacks, so I must have given the stupidest advice possible.

I've no difficulty believing you wasted as much money on stacks. But as with healthy food choices, as well as basic supplementation, throwing a lot of money at it - without considering essential things, like age, pre-existing health conditions, measurable deficiencies, unrealistic expectations, lack of patience, etc. - is indeed bound to fail.

• Agree x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stack, simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users