Niacin Bad Experience

niacin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:48 AM

I got some Niacin today, took 500mg of Nicotinic acid (the flush kind). The flush kicked in a hour, took a second dosage
because I enjoyed it, this time 1000mg. Same thing happened but stronger flush. As this was all going down I was in my bed
with my laptop. My mom had just got done cooking food so I went to get some, but when I stood up I think I started feeling 
sick. Reason I say ''I think'' is because I don't think it affected me immediatly but like in a few minutes, or the effect just
got worse. But I got sick / nauseous in my stomach and dizzy, as I was getting food I put my plate down on the table to go to
my room because I wasn't feeling so well and I wanted to lay down. As I was going to my room right infront of my door I got very dizzy, my vision
became blurry, I lost full control of my body and fell on my back. Luckily nobody in my family saw me or noticed because
they were all in different rooms and occupied. Can you imagine being a mom and just seeing your son or brother fall down out of nowhere
with his eyes closed?
I didn't hurt myself but I had a little pain that lasted maybe 30 minutes
on my forhead. I thought it was weird because I fell on my back but then I remembered as I was going to my room I hit
my head on the corner of a wall because my mind was like gone but I totaly ignored it like it was normal didn't even react.
Oh, I probably layed on the floor like 10 seconds and my eyes were closed but I was still awake. I think it happened because I stood up. 
First I thought it was liver toxicity as I had read about it with niacin overdose, so I took 2000mg NAC (probably made it worse). I think what happened
was my sodium levels or something dropped, so my blood pressure went do very low levels. Because when I drink water I get
dizzy again, because water flushes out sodium. Or maybe it is because I'm standing up again to get the water, don't know.
I just wasn't expecting a vitamin supplement to be so dangerous. Various sites say that dosage under 2000mg a day is okay.
My memory and cognitive ability is a LITTLE bit worse, thinking hurts. No idea
if I will take Niacin again, maybe I will try lower dosage like 100mg in a few weeks so my sodium levels can build up first.
Well I learned my lesson, will never take a high dosage even if a lot of sites or studies say it is safe to of a vitamin. 
I don't think vitamins, minerals etc are meant to be taken in this high amount. We probably get plenty from food. All B-vitamins
are water souluble right? So they all deplet sodium, potassium and such? That's why your body pisses these B-vitamins out and
like the only vitamins it does right?,
but if you take too much at once your body can't flush it out in time because there is so much of it so you get stronger effect.
I just think there are a handful of vitamins, minerals etc you shoud should supplement with and just in the low doses.
Because they are depleted from food. Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Vitamin D (If you don't go out a lot), Cystine, Sodium, potassium.
I would avoid the rest especially vitamin-A which is fat-soluble and can become dangerous easy. Having a good health comes down to a balance of all the vitamins. 
And another thing I forgot to mention, maybe I have diabetes or hypoglycemia (opposite) and I don't know it because I heard it is bad for someone with diabetes
to take Niacin and I do have a lot of the signs. I think amino acids etc should be avoided, like creatine, because they deplet the body
water and that can't be good... I still feel ill and it's been a few hours. I also feel colder more easily and sweat a bit not much.
If it wasn't for this, I like the anti-inflammatory effect of Niacin. I guess if you are in a bad health state like me  you might wanna be careful with Niacin. Also, I should note, Niacin is supposed to help with erectile dysfunction but for me it did the opposite, made it worse. Niacin does it deplete sodium levels or something? I know hypoglycemia is associated with low lvls of sodium . etc

(edit) I'm feeling well again

(edit2) I did have whey protein and dextrose(pure glucose) together with the niacin, could have been them? But I think it was the niacin...

Edited by farshad, 19 July 2019 - 05:32 AM.

#2 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:01 AM

oh and add vitamin c to the important list 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: niacin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users