• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What supplements that make rumination/depression/ocd WORSE?

rumination depression ocd

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 elc202

• 82 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 05:54 AM

Hi,

What supplements that make rumination/depression/ocd WORSE?

Thanks.

#2 Clavius

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:16 AM

I've tried taking Omega3 to relieve my ADHD-PI symptoms. I have no idea why, but it makes me depressed. Tried it multiple times to rule out coincidence. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 DaveX

• 84 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 11:24 PM

I've tried taking Omega3 to relieve my ADHD-PI symptoms. I have no idea why, but it makes me depressed. Tried it multiple times to rule out coincidence. 

Hello, regarding Omega3... While it doesn't make me depressed, I have found that Uridine is the perfect complement for it, which creates a very powerful synergistic effect (the same as in studies), which is also balancing of Omega3, which otherwise can create a kind of "numbing" or "hollow" feeling (which however wears off after a while and leaves me feeling overall better, even when Omega 3 is taken on its own). One shouldn't take too much of both together either, if one wants to avoid any other additional "odd" feelings (however there doesn't seem to be any harm to them), but if one takes one, I think it is generally better to take both.

Since we are talking about sensations, I want to try by actually resorting to food parallels. Since Omega 3 can be regarded as a food and of course is a kind of fat, I find Uridine is exactly what it needs to make it feel wholesome (in the psychosensory effect).

Anyway, that's that for this little footnote.

Edited by DaveX, 06 August 2019 - 11:28 PM.

#4 Clavius

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:54 AM

Hello, regarding Omega3... While it doesn't make me depressed, I have found that Uridine is the perfect complement for it, which creates a very powerful synergistic effect (the same as in studies), which is also balancing of Omega3, which otherwise can create a kind of "numbing" or "hollow" feeling (which however wears off after a while and leaves me feeling overall better, even when Omega 3 is taken on its own). One shouldn't take too much of both together either, if one wants to avoid any other additional "odd" feelings (however there doesn't seem to be any harm to them), but if one takes one, I think it is generally better to take both.

Since we are talking about sensations, I want to try by actually resorting to food parallels. Since Omega 3 can be regarded as a food and of course is a kind of fat, I find Uridine is exactly what it needs to make it feel wholesome (in the psychosensory effect).

Anyway, that's that for this little footnote.

Thanks, yes I did try uridine monophosphate for a while. Both omega3 and uridine as part of the "happy stack." It made me depressed. I made a topic about it once, to find out what it could mean. No replies.

#5 elc202

• Topic Starter
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:40 AM

I had the same experience with omega3 and also with GLA(borage oil). not sure why.

I used the most expensive brands with different EPA:DHA ratio.

#6 elc202

• Topic Starter
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:14 AM

According to this page https://examine.com/...ments/curcumin/

Curcumin is a "Form Of Cholinergic", meaning it increases Acetylcholine in the brain, which according to members of this board it makes depression worse.

Yet, I see many sources say Curcumin is good for depression.

So which is it?

#7 Clavius

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:21 AM

According to this page https://examine.com/...ments/curcumin/

Curcumin is a "Form Of Cholinergic", meaning it increases Acetylcholine in the brain, which according to members of this board it makes depression worse.

Yet, I see many sources say Curcumin is good for depression.

So which is it?

I decided to stay away from curcumin when I read that it lowers testosterone. (https://www.medicaln...cles/323224.php)

Low test many times does equal depression...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 bacopacabana

• 40 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:53 PM

I decided to stay away from curcumin when I read that it lowers testosterone. (https://www.medicaln...cles/323224.php)

Low test many times does equal depression...

The only references to curcumin from your link follows.  Nothing about lowering testosterone.

Curcumin and turmeric

Turmeric contains a chemical called curcumin.

A 2013 study found that curcumin may reduce estrogen levels. However, the researchers noted this result in cells outside the body, so they are unsure whether curcumin has the same effect in people.

A 2014 study found that large doses of curcumin increased levels of testosterone in rats.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rumination, depression, ocd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users