Pyridoxal vs Pyridoxyl vs Pyridoxine

perque endura/pak

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bunsw

• Registrant
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

I recently bought a product from the supplement company Perque. It's called Endura/PAK Guard and 1 serving, which is 3 capsules, has 1500 mg Glutamine and 500 mg Pyridoxal Alpha-Ketoglutarate (PAK) according to the label on the bottle. Perque's website says it has Pyridoxyl Alpha-Ketoglutarate.

The bottle has 180 capsules and you're supposed to take 3 before bed and again on waking and then 3 more before a workout so you could consume the entire bottle in 20 days if you workout every day. I know Glutamine is dirt cheap so I was trying to find the PAK in bulk online and couldn't find any anywhere. The only thing I could find was Pyridoxine Alpha-Ketoglutarate which is also referred to as PAK.

Does anybody know if Pyridoxal Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Pyridoxyl Alpha-Ketoglutarate and Pyridoxine Alpha-Ketoglutarate are the same thing? If not, can I substutute P5P (Pyridoxal 5' Phosphate) for it and if so what kind of dosing would I be looking at? What about Pyridoxine Hydrochloride and the dosing for it? Aren't I supposed to limit my maximum consumption of B6? So if I was going to substitute Pyridoxine Alpha-Ketoglutarate for Pyridoxal Alpha-Ketoglutarate, how much B6 would I be getting per gram of Pyridoxine Alpha-Ketoglutarate?

Dr. Russell Jaffe, who owns Perque, is on YouTube claiming that this is what he calls "Recycled Glutamine" and that only one serving of this is, if I remember correctly, the equivalent of 10 grams of Glutamine, which leaves the person at risk of Glutamate toxicity in the extracellular space in the brain. Amazon sells it and there are some excellent reviews of it claiming, for example, that it immediately improved sleep and restfulness in the morning. I thought I'd try it and it does seem to help with energy and sleep and improved digestion. Also, my appetite has gone down noticeably, though that could be temporary or completely unrelated.

I've taken L-Glutamine on it's own in the past and never noticed anything like this. It's supposed to heal the gut but I've never noticed these changes before. I didn't want to mention this but the texture of my bowel movements improved for the better right away (with the Endura/PAK) which leads me to believe that it's really doing something. I have no financial interest in Perque and I don't know organic chemistry worth a damn so I'm lost. This stuff is protected with a US patent, Patent number: 6,545,044, which I've read but it doesn't tell you much. I'm amazed you can get a patent for just combining 2 things together. This product is also licensed to other companies and Pure Encapsulations is just one company that sells the same formulation.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users