How to stop being a control freak?

brain

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:01 PM

Hi guys,

I’m a “control freak”, with a tendency to over-analyze and plan everything, trying to foresee every possible scenario and control all the details. This can be quite exhausting to be honest.
That goes without saying that I have a strong perfectionist attitude.

Is there any supplement that could help me?

Thanks a lot!
  • dislike x 1

#2 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:16 AM

1. That sounds alot more like ADHD to me, that's basically what I do but fail. A supplement isn't going to "fix" this,  Don't Believe me Look into Yerkes-Dodson-Law. This Applies to all noortropic, stimulants or any chemical in nature. Your best, bet is to channel the anxiety energy into an activity. There is no turning it off, If I knew how to do that I'd be rich by now.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 adamh

• 1,033 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:40 PM

A control freak is someone who tries to control others. You are just an anxious over planner. Yoga and deep breathing will help. Actually planning things out and trying to anticipate any problems is a good trait but anything to excess becomes detrimental. Make your plans and tell yourself than anything unanticipated that comes up will be easily dealt with. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users