• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Anyone interested in a CRH antagonist for dysfunctional stress response?

cortisol crh antalarmin

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 kurdishfella

• 1,311 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:47 AM

I just wanted to show this https://www.indigo.u...dle/10027/21989

Lmo3Z mice had a reduction of Crhr1 mRNA and CRF1R protein expression in the BLA. Additionally, Lmo3Z mice showed a reduction of Crhr1 mRNA in the CeA, increased Gabra4 mRNA in the BLA, and a sex-specific increase in Gabrd mRNA in the BLA of only females. No corresponding changes in protein expression were observed for these ge

I really think the LMO3 gene is a big factor in anxiety, too much or too little of this is bad but a balance is needed. I post this again because the first time I mentioned this I didn't know it also reduced crhr1 in the central amygdala. So you got this gene which regulates crhr1/crf1 in both parts of the amygdala, and we know blocking crhr1 shows a blunted stress response.

#32 gamesguru

• 3,212 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

Of course Quercetin is generally recognized as safe, haha!  In both Western and Eastern diets, It's the second most abundant polyphenol!

To the OP:  How can you be sure you aren't suffering from a lack of cortisol sensitivity?  Seems counter-intuitive yes, but in fact many disorders (ADHD included) are linked to a state of heightened cortisol activity and lowered responsiveness.

This study was puzzling when at first I became aware of it in late 2016:  Cortisol Response to Stress in Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 kurdishfella

• 1,311 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:31 PM

https://www.scienced...306453019301714

This study must have come out a few days ago? From what I understand if you are deficient in LMO3 you have a hard time controlling your emotions and perhaps overcoming fear? 

Absence of Lmo3 impairs amygdala LTP.

So the opposite too much LMO3 leads to too much Long-term potentiation (LTP) in the amygdala leading to anxiety (due to excess CRHR1)? Basically over-active amygdala because of persistent increase in synaptic strength following high-frequency stimulation of a chemical synapse from the outside?

Can anyone find if the other LMO genes specifically LMO1 has a role in anxiety any studies on that? (LMO2 & LMO4 too).

Edited by farshad, 04 January 2020 - 02:38 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#34 kurdishfella

• 1,311 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:42 PM

If anyone know of any other genes that regulates CRF1 or CRH signaling/amount specifically in the amygdala let me know,

Edited by farshad, 05 January 2020 - 07:42 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cortisol, crh, antalarmin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users