Rapamycin side effects - keratosis pilaris and libido

senolytics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boff

• 40 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:16 PM

45, male, 192lb reasonably fit. 

Two weeks ago I started on 2.5mg pf rapa per week intending to run it for four months. I'm at that age where you suddenly notice the ageing process is accelerating. I want to put the brakes on....

I have had keratosis pilaris all my life and had resigned myself to it. I'm fair skinned and have goosebumps on back of arms and top of thighs. Feels very rough / bumpy to the touch. Around day 5 I realised it was clearing up. Now at day 12 and it's even better. Almost completely smooth skin. However the appearance has only slightly improved. Given it's been like that for decades maybe it'll take a lot longer to clear up visually.

I did find this patent from years ago -> https://patents.goog...S20080207672/en

I also realised that my libido has dropped off a cliff. Mentally I'm not feeling the urge and physically erections are less hard and morning wood has all but disappeared. Does rapa affect testosterone pathways?

No other noticeable effects. Perhaps I'm feeling slightly stronger at the gym and a case of medial epicondylitis has cleared up considerably after 6 months or so of no change. But both of those could easily be placebo.

I'm going to halve the dose to 1.25mg and see what happens.

• Informative x 3

#2 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 06:34 PM

I've been on Rapa for almost 3 years and I have not noticed any loss of libido or erection problems. 58 yrs old. 

• like x 1

#3 boff

• Topic Starter
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:16 AM

I just read this -> https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=800834

Looks like rapa can shrink your nuts and kill T. I'm out.

Which is a shame as my keratosis pilaris is now completely smooth.

I've been on Rapa for almost 3 years and I have not noticed any loss of libido or erection problems. 58 yrs old. 

What's it done for you? Must be good otherwise you wouldn't still be on it.

#4 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:13 PM

About a 10 pound decrease in my weight "set point". I'm now at a BMI of 22.5. All blood work is steady or better. Aging AI 3.0 age 38, Levine age 45 years. Those age numbers are better then pre rapamycin/metformin. I also "feel" great, my T has always been on the high side and dosing has not effected that. I still often wake up with morning wood. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: senolytics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users