How do I get my cat frozen?

cat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IcePop

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:40 AM

What are all the places that freeze cats and the costs and what other things like membership do I need to do for it?

Also, do any do payment plans and take payent after the pet is frozen? If not, what should I do, take out a credit card? How can I make the money for this ASAP? My cat is dying and I am low on money and time.

• dislike x 1

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:34 AM

You can get your cat cryopreserved at CI or Alcor, but it is costly....at least a few thousand dollars (but likely a lot more), the last time I checked.

The only other option is a "straight freeze" (just preserve it in your freezer). This is the last hope for a person or pet. There will be a lot of freezing damage, which will theoretically make it harder to revive in the future, but at least there would be a tiny chance of revival. If you were storing your pet for a long time this way, you would eventually want it frozen down to liquid nitrogen temps. 

If you did a straight freeze, then you would have a little more time to save up money and make arrangements for long term storage/revival.

You might want to check Oregon Cryonics to see if they would do a chemical storage. This is a more damaging form of preservation but likely cheaper and easier.

#3 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:11 PM

You can get your cat cryopreserved at CI or Alcor, but it is costly....at least a few thousand dollars (but likely a lot more), the last time I checked.

The only other option is a "straight freeze" (just preserve it in your freezer). This is the last hope for a person or pet. There will be a lot of freezing damage, which will theoretically make it harder to revive in the future, but at least there would be a tiny chance of revival. If you were storing your pet for a long time this way, you would eventually want it frozen down to liquid nitrogen temps. 

If you did a straight freeze, then you would have a little more time to save up money and make arrangements for long term storage/revival.

You might want to check Oregon Cryonics to see if they would do a chemical storage. This is a more damaging form of preservation but likely cheaper and easier.

i wonder what the cat will think when if  it reads this post in the future 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users