• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How much do selegiline/rasagiline affect appetite and hunger, if at all?

selegiline

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jacobjerondin

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:17 PM

Title says it all, been super interested in trying selegiline (really p-f-deprenyl) for a mad minute now! Their effects on motivation and confidence sound like just what I've been looking for through my whole biohacking career and I can't think of anything better for this purpose.

However, I am pretty concerned these MAO-B inhibitors' effects on appetite. I tend to have issues eating enough already and if I don't eat as much as my appetite calls for, I tend to feel really stressed, tweaky, and stuck in sympathetic system mode (which I'm sensitive to already since I have anxiety.) 

Thus, I've found that anything that suppresses appetite even slightly for an extended period of time tends to make it difficult for me to eat enough, which then leads to me feeling awful until the effect wears off and I can provide the necessary food. My sleep also gets very disrupted with me waking up feeling agitated and weak after 6 hours of sleep, unable to go back to sleep until I eat a full meal. As you can tell, appetite suppression tends to seriously mess with my life.

So I'm just curious to hear about people's experiences with how selegiline and rasagiline affect your appetite and whether you think it's worth me trying it or not given my situation.

I'm leaning towards starting with p-f-deprenyl (which is basically just a better version of selegiline) since I've heard that's the best out of the three different mao-bis on the market. I'm also planning on taking p-f-deprenyl sublingually or intranasally which should avoid the l meth and l amph metabolites just like it would with selegiline. So that should hopefully avoid the appetite-suppressing adrenergic effects, but dopamine has a powerful effect on appetite too, so I'm still concerned.

One other idea I have if p-f-deprenyl/selegiline is going to noticeably affect my appetite is to try some kind of appetite enhancing supplement to counteract the effect. That seems like a difficult game to play tho, to balance the appetite suppression against appetite enhancement to regain my normal appetite.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any and all insight and advice!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selegiline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users