C60 and Exercise

c60 oil exercise

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lifeandtimes

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:12 PM

Does anybody have any thoughts if C60 Oil is best taken before or after exercise?

I am sure I read or heard somewhere that Anti-oxidants should not be consumed before exercise.

I am getting conflicting answers when asking vendors.

#2 Vitalist

• 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

Generally, antioxidants increase exercise performance but decrease exercise response (because they make things easier).

There is speculation that C60 has long lasting antioxidant effects. If true, then how this might be used to an advantage I suppose would depend on what you are trying to accomplish.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 AlephNull

• 34 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:55 PM

I've ordered some C60oo from Vaughtner Wellness. I'm hoping that it has a good effect on my exercise ability and overall aerobic stamina, as this is something that I've had a hard time developing. My plan is to use my time to complete a 500 meter row on a rowing machine as a benchmark to see if it makes a difference. My times at this point are fairly well characterized as being right under 2 minutes to complete 500 meters, so if I see a significant improvement from times in the ~1:55 range, I think that would be a good, measurable benchmark for the effectiveness of the C60oo.

Thoughts?

#4 AlephNull

• 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 05:56 PM

Ok, so the fastest time on a 500 meter row that I've posted is 1:51.

I've received my shipment of C60oo and have taken my first dose. I will likely be going to the gym in the next four hours, and will do at least 2 500 meter rows. I'll post my results here.

• like x 2

#5 AlephNull

• 34 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 02:04 AM

Ok, so I'm back from the gym. I've added the C60oo to my standard pre-workout mix.

Here's how it went.

So initially I didn't really feel any different. After taking my pre-workout, the arginine tingles were much more intense than usual, which was interesting.

Upon getting to the gym, I jumped on a rower, and set it to the interval workout of 500 meters/1 min rest, repeat.

My first 500 meter row, I posted a time of 1:43.5. Notably, I felt that I was able to pull harder, and noticed that at the beginning of rowing, I was hitting a rate of about 35 strokes/min. Normally, for most rows, I try to keep it around 27-29, and if I'm going flat out, I don't go much above 33, a pace that I generally can't sustain for long.

I decided to back off on that pace, but still maintained a pace of around 30 for the duration of the first 500 meter row.

After a one minute rest, I did another 500 meter row, and posted a time of 1:53.8, about ten seconds slower, but notably that is around the time I would post for my first row on most days.

The thing that's interesting is that normally when I row (or do any workout that has a heavy aerobic component to it) I feel like I hit my physical wall before I hit my psychological one. That was still the case today, but it felt like my physical wall had moved noticeably. I was still tired after those two rowing sessions, but felt good, except for a coughing fit, and I threw up a bit. Whether that's the C60oo or just exercise-induced, I don't know.

After the row, the regular scheduled workout was to do 7 rounds of 2 reps for front squat. I topped out at 125, which isn't going to win any competitions, but at the same time, I felt like I was able to recover a little faster between rounds.

The metcon portion of the workout involved 3 rounds of 21 push presses and 21 assisted pullups. Again, I didn't set the world on fire, but I also finished in what seemed like a reasonable time. It seemed easier to pick up the bar and do another set of push presses.

After the workout, I felt great, and decided to row another 500 meters. I didn't get a chance to record the time, but it was in the 1:55 range, which is not too bad after having completed a metcon.

I have to say, the initial results here are quite promising. My biggest Achilles Heel in exercising has always been a lack of aerobic endurance, and frankly, I feel like the C60oo made a difference here.

I'll continue to post updates here, assuming anyone's interested.

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#6 AlephNull

• 34 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:12 PM

So for yesterday, I wasn't able to get to the gym early enough to do a baseline 500 meter row before the workout. However, there was a 400 meter row as part of the warmup. I was able to hit a peak rate of 37 s/m on the rower for that section of the warmup (after a 200 meter run and 50 meters of lunges.)

The actual workout consisted of sets of situps, jump roping, and low reps of power cleans. Normally workouts like that leave me standing around, gasping for breath partway through, but this time I felt like I only needed to take small breaks here and there of a couple of extra breaths before continuing.

After the workout, I waited a bit and attempted a 500 meter row and it came in at 1:49.1. Not as fast as my first attempt, but still faster than other post-workout rows by a couple of seconds. Same thing, I was able to, for a short time, hit a peak rate of 37 s/m before hitting a rate more in the 32-34 range.

• Informative x 2

#7 rastilin

• 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:29 PM

Interesting, it sounds like it's working as advertised if you've started getting results after only a few doses.

• like x 1

#8 AlephNull

• 34 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 03:05 PM

Interesting, it sounds like it's working as advertised if you've started getting results after only a few doses.

Thanks.

One thing that's bugged me about some of the posts here and in other places about C60 is people reporting that they have better endurance or are able to run faster or longer, but they don't report what their baseline is, nor do they seem to report hard numbers; e.g. times for a 2 mile run before and after, or whatever.

So that's what I'm setting out here to try to document.

On that note, yesterday, after the main workout, I hopped on the rower and managed to do 500 meters in 1:46.9, which is pretty good, especially for a post workout row. I followed this up with a short break and cool down 500 meter row that clocked in at right around 2 minutes.

Again, I wasn't able to conduct a pre-workout 500 meter row because I didn't get to the gym early enough.

As far as subjective side-effects, I've noticed a couple of things.

The first is that it feels like I'm able to stretch a little bit further when stretching, e.g. runner's stretch, touching toes, and the like. The stretches don't feel as painful.

The second is that even after a hard workout, I feel like "hey, I could go for a hike or a bike ride right now." Before C60, I would often get home from a workout and just feel wiped out.

I have no idea how you would go about objectively measuring these things, but I figured I'd write them down nonetheless.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#9 AlephNull

• 34 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 07:23 PM

Ok, so I've had two gym sessions since my last update, and hate to say it, but was unable to jump on a rowing machine either pre- or post-workout.

For yesterday's workout, some interesting metrics:

The weightlifting component involved doing 7 sets of deadlift with 3 lifts each, with a cycle of 12 jumping lunges between, and adding weight for each round.

I topped out with a set of 3 deadlifts @ 265lbs. This is notable simply because it's within 10 lbs. of my 1 rep max from 2 years ago, and I have not been engaging in serious weight training, except as part of my standard workout regimen.

The metabolic conditioning workout was as follows:

30 calories on a stationary bike.

3 rounds of the following:

- 12 dumb bell cleans (40 lb dumb bell)

- 24 weighted situps (same 40 lb dumb bell)

- 100 ft. walking lunges with 40lb. the dumbbell on shoulder.

30 calories on a stationary bike

Notably, I felt as if I could push much more quickly through the walking lunges faster than in the past, and in general, for a workout like this, I would have normally picked a 25lb. or 30lb. dumb bell, but in this case, 40lbs. ended up being completely doable, and I was able to finish the workout in just under 15 minutes total. (Good for me, normally I'd have completed a workout like this around 16-17 minutes with more breaks for breathing, and I would have gone with a lighter weight. As a benchmark, a true athlete would burn through this workout in about 11 minutes using a 60 lb dumb bell.)

The stationary bike was interesting. Normally I hate riding stationary bikes simply because they leave me gasping for air, especially in any situation where I go all out. Normal rates for a stationary bike would be around 65RPM. Notably, for both of the bike sessions, I was able to keep the RPM above 70 the entire time, and even hit a peak of over 80, something that I normally wouldn't even try to achieve in a workout.

Edited by AlephNull, 08 October 2020 - 07:33 PM.

• Informative x 1

#10 AlephNull

• 34 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:27 PM

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of an update.

My last gym session was on Oct. 12. I managed to get in early enough to do a cold 500 meter row prior to the workout. My time for this was 1:41.9.

This is easily my best time since starting the C60oo regimen.

Notable, but arguably subjective effects:

Normally when I do an aerobic exercise at full blast or close to it, it leaves me exhausted, and I get typical signs of exertion; e.g. shortness of breath afterwards, that kind of metallic taste in the back of my throat, and if it's really sustained, coughing fits. I had none of that.

Also, generally speaking, I would try to really turn on the speed and power for the last 200 meters and go all out, but usually this would cause me to hit a wall when I'd have about 70-100 meters left. The wall was there this time, but was surmountable, I didn't feel like I had just run out of gas.

For the standard workout, it was a metcon involving:

5 rounds of:

21 calories on a stationary bike

14 ring rows

7 overhead squats

I did opt to go light on the overhead squats (65 lbs.) simply because I have mobility and strength issues that come into play when putting weight up overhead.

That said, I managed to complete this workout in just under 12 minutes.

Again, subjectively, I felt like it was much easier to get through the work, and that rests were much shorter and more focused.

As someone who's had to deal with significant endurance issues for years, this has been a tremendously enlightening experience.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60 oil, exercise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users