rapamycin

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dalack

• 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:05 AM

Hi all

Recently i've been reading about studies of skin rejuvenation results when rapamycin was topically administered.
With the help of a longterm forum guru,we decided on a dosage of 35 mgs of rapamycin mixed with a tablespoon of 99% dsmo. I started applying this mixture to the back of my left hand on January 18th once per day.

On the 28th I had to stop applying this mixture since I had to travel for a couple of weeks.
This week I have definitely started to see big difference on my left hand in the amount and depth of wrinkles around my thumb area. They have definitely softened and my skins texture and sun damage is noticeably improved compared to my right hand.

I think short intervals of applying rapamycin gets the process started and it might not necessarily need to be constantly applied for long periods of time.

I plan on applying this mixture to my right hand to see if I can replicate my left hand results.

I will keep this thread updated of any further process I experience.

On another note I dosed my 8 year old hound dog mix for two weeks at 1mg every other day.
We noticed huge differences in energy levels and playfulness within a weeks time. She was exhibiting behavior similar to when she was a puppy.
Since taking her off it she's retained this youthful vigor.
I've read that benefits from these substances can be long lasting even when they have been discontinued.
In my experience this seems to be evident.

Thanks

David

Edited by dalack, 11 February 2020 - 07:18 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#2 male_1978

• 109 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:36 AM

Can you please provide pictures of both of your hands?

I suggest the following:

- Make pictures of both hands in bright light.

- Mirror one of those pictures, so we dont see which hand is the left one and which one is the right one

- Then let us decide which hand looks better than the other.

• Good Point x 6
  • Agree x 1

#3 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for the update.  I am considering doing the same.  One thing I am never sure about is the percentage of DSMO.  I've seen people say it's toxic at levels above .5%, but it appears that percentage is only relevant if the drug that is being delivered is potentially toxic to your cells. 

#4 dalack

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:44 PM

I'm not to crazy about dsmo either since it causes a red burning sensation when applied to my face.
According to this patent from the authors of the current skin studies there are many other ways to therapeutically deliver rapamycin to the skin including oils and creams..
I'd like to get away from straight dsmo if if another method will be as effective

https://patents.goog...apamycin drexel

#5 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 08:19 PM

I'm not to crazy about dsmo either since it causes a red burning sensation when applied to my face.
According to this patent from the authors of the current skin studies there are many other ways to therapeutically deliver rapamycin to the skin including oils and creams..
I'd like to get away from straight dsmo if if another method will be as effective

https://patents.goog...apamycin drexel

Maybe try it with water, or petroleum jelly, and see if the results are similar.

#6 eigenber

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:08 PM

Given the absence of comparison photos and the quietude of the thread for 3 weeks, should we assume rapamycin skin application is a fail?

• Good Point x 2

#7 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2020 - 06:07 PM

You are all on the right track. Reports indicate that topical rapamycin is great for skin. It is available in Australia and New Zealand in 0.1 and 1.0% doses and I believe perhaps 2 percent. Dont quote me on that. Rapamycin cream is under investigation and possibly clinical trials on the U.S. trials are set to end somewhere in 2021. I do not know exactly how the pharmacy is making this potent topical ointment. Suffice it to say, dermatologists will lock this down. Costs will be sky high. Expect everything we know about meds to fight aging to jump in price once available to the general public.

#8 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2020 - 06:18 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6949048/

#9 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 05:47 PM

@dalack Any updates on your skin?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapamycin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users