autism inertia add adhd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 headintheclouds

• Registrant
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:47 AM

Hi, 

Does anyone know of any medications that are successful in treating Autistic Inertia and/or Executive Function Disorder?

And I'm looking for more alternative medications/treatments/supplements/solutions. I've read most of the academic literature/studies that were conducted using parkinson/alzheimer medications towards their effect on the prefrontal cortex/executive functions.

Are there any medications that might in theory have beneficial effect on Autistic Inertia? i.e. perhaps Baclofen? Something that is currently being studied to treat alcohol addiction. It's just a random example. But medications that might have a beneficial effect, that have not been studied yet, or have had only limited exposure in academic publications, medications like Memantine come to mind.

I wrote this thread yesterday: https://www.longecit...p/#entry885740 - i'm currently trying to find a solution towards ameliorating the debilitating effects of my Autistic Inertia.

All input, is much appreciated. 

Also drugs like LSD, CBD oil, or any crazy suggestions, everything is welcome really, i'm willing to study and try anything at the moment. And I promise to share my experiences.

• WellResearched x 1

#2 CWF1986

• 224 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:17 AM

I've looked at a study or two that suggests amantadine could be effective for increasing executive function in autism.  There's also a lot of studies suggesting that it's a good to augment antidepressants and helps with adhd.

My experience is that it's the best adhd medicine I've ever taken and improves all symptoms with very few and minor sides.  Not only that, but it's the most effective antidepressant as monotherapy that I've ever taken which was unexpected.  It doesn't directly help with anxiety but it helps in an indirect way for me.  It's moa is primarily nmda antagonism and is in the same family as memantine and bromantane.  

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users