- - - - -

My coronavirus experience

coronavirus experience supplements

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 jcxz

• 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

2020-03-19, Thursday. I have started to feel that there is something with my lungs, felt like when you breath in a bit of water, but in contrast to that the feeling was not going away. It was really subtle, wasn't feeling sick at all, just that thing.

2020-03-20, Friday. There is definitely something with my lungs, the feeling got much stronger, now I feel like I got something in my lungs, felt like there is a area that has not exactly, but sort of a burning sensation, in the second part of the day I have started feeling weak.

2020-03-21, Saturday. Progressing quickly, cough some phlegm in the morning, then all the cough was dry, each time coughing it felt like a I have a piece of glass stuck in my lungs. The coughing is not an issue, was easy to suppress (I was suppressing it to minimize the physical trauma to the lungs, and besides, it was hurting like a hell). In the morning was feeling more less, but by the night start feeling really bad, general tiredness and all the body started aching. Went to sleep, slept bad, waking up often.

2020-03-22, Sunday. Woke up feeling extremely tired, with a pain in all the body, the lungs felt basically the same as the day before, - like a piece of glass stuck in it. Spent the most of the day bed ridden. Made a big mistake, ate a very fatty meal that nuked my stomach (Although I mostly get my calories from fats and used to fatty foods). Slept very bad this night, got a fever and was sweating a lot, stomach pain was waking me up all the night, sweating was somehow feeling better. Unfortunately all the thermometers that I got is broken, but judging on my mental state it wasn't too high.  

2020-03-23, Monday. Woke up feeling much better, the tiredness is reduced about 70% and the pains is almost gone, no more "glass" in the lungs, but I still feel that the lungs is not entirely healed. Have some urges to cough, but not to terrible. Stomach pain is gone. Now it is afternoon and I'm definitely feeling much better than in the morning. Feels like I'll be 100% in a couple of days.

Now, I do not know if it really is COVID-19, but the symptoms kinda fit, and I'm located in the Broward county - the "epicenter of Coronavirus in Florida". Unfortunately to get tested was impossible, since the only people that they are testing is a medical workers, elderly and those who is in a severe condition. I don't qualify, I'm ~40yo and not a medical worker. Considering that, no wonder that the official mortality percentage is so high. Although now I can see how that ailment could've get out hand even in mine mild case.

Well since the news of the virus has arrived before the virus, I have started preparing to it.

My daily stack before I have started preparing consisted of:

NaturesPlus Liquid Multivitamin (Quarter of the serving)
Mercola Liposomal Vitamin C - 1 gram a day,

Garden of Life, spray, Vitamin D3, 2000 IU a day,

Pure Encapsulations Magnesium Glycinate 240 mg a day, 

Occasional phosphatidylserine and Methyl-Folate+B12 (For my MTHFR defect).

About a couple of weeks before the first symptoms I started adding (Not every day) those:

The VitaminShoppe Beta Glucan, 1 tablet, 200mg of beta glucan.

Solarray Zinc - 50 mg,

Solarray Selenium, 200 mcg,

Plnt Helbal Immune formula, Astragalus, Echinacea and etc. 2 capsules a day.

With the first symptoms I have started taking much more of the Vitamin C, one part I took as a lysosomal ascorbic acid, and the other as a sodium ascorbate (Source Naturals powder). In the total around 3 grams. I was cautious about it since I've heard that the virus can cause the gastric issues in some cases. In my case it definitely contributed to my issues, the stomach got definitely more sensitive in my case. Also I have increased D3, to 10000 IU a day switching to Mercola Lyposomal D3 and added Iodoral (12.5mg/day). I have stopped all the supplements on Sunday due to my gastric issues. Planning to restart slowly the Vitamin C today.

In conclusion, there is nothing to be afraid, be prepared, take the supplements, if you get sick be careful with your diet, eat bland, low fat food, that is soft on the stomach. Be safe.

• Informative x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience. A few others, such as myself have also speculated about having the disease, but unfortunately because there is a shortage of tests, no one knows if they actually had it. Word on the street is that a validated antibody test will be arriving soon.

#3 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:22 AM

We aren't even sure how long the incubation period is so that could have just been wave 1, then wave 2 comes etc. That's why people report feeling worse then better and then worse again and so forth. I have speculated that the incubation is could possibly be between 1 month to 3 months different for each person. Maybe what you felt is just the beginning.

Edited by kurdishfella, 24 March 2020 - 12:23 AM.

#4 thompson92

• Registrant
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for the testimonial. 

1.  What is your sex (male/female)?

2.  What is your ABO antigen blood type?

• Good Point x 1

#5 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:06 AM

jcxz, thanks for sharing your experience. Not to alarm you, but please watch out and take it easy in the following days

I tried to gather info on how the disease progresses and what I noticed is that, often, after the initial improvement (usually after about a week -- you recovered quicker), there is a sudden worsening of the symptoms. So be careful and take it easy. And please continue to update us on your recovery.

#6 jcxz

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:51 PM

2020-03-23 - Monday. Got much better by the end of the day, the feeling of being tired is completely gone, also no more aching. Stomach issues is gone almost gone too. During the day started coughing more, but not too terrible, no paint in the lungs and it was not a dry cough anymore, got some phlegm. When went to sleep cough was getting to me every 15 minutes or so, took a dose of a cough syrup, have been able to sleep without issues. 

2020-03-24 - Tuesday. Morning started fine, feeling the lungs a bit sick, some rare cough, not too bad. Restarted all my supplements. Planning to increase the Vitamin C to 6-9 grams or more, as much as I would be able to take. This is to prevent the "second wave" of the infection that can take a place, as many is warning me.

My blood type is O+, I'm male, Slavic descent. Interestingly enough I got one friend that got through the coronavirus earlier, he got the same blood type as I do, he got a pneumonia complication, but he pulled through. 

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#7 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:03 PM

2020-03-23 - Monday. Got much better by the end of the day, the feeling of being tired is completely gone, also no more aching. Stomach issues is gone almost gone too. During the day started coughing more, but not too terrible, no paint in the lungs and it was not a dry cough anymore, got some phlegm. When went to sleep cough was getting to me every 15 minutes or so, took a dose of a cough syrup, have been able to sleep without issues. 

2020-03-24 - Tuesday. Morning started fine, feeling the lungs a bit sick, some rare cough, not too bad. Restarted all my supplements. Planning to increase the Vitamin C to 6-9 grams or more, as much as I would be able to take. This is to prevent the "second wave" of the infection that can take a place, as many is warning me.

My blood type is O+, I'm male, Slavic descent. Interestingly enough I got one friend that got through the coronavirus earlier, he got the same blood type as I do, he got a pneumonia complication, but he pulled through. 

O Positive, very interesting....

Thank you for sharing your experience. Stay safe.

#8 jcxz

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:23 PM

Just an update.

2020-03-24 - Tuesday. By the end of the day started feeling a bit worse, coughing a lot, went to sleep and couldn't. Had to take a cough syrup, in about an hour have been able to go back to sleep. Apart of my regular supplements stack I also took curcumin powder with quercetin, and some drops of Oreganol P73.

2020-03-25 - Wednesday. Woke up fine, no cough, but then it started again, gradually during the day the cough got transformed from a dry one to having some phlegm. Then by the end of the day it was gone. Went to sleep and did not need any cough syrup at the end. 

2020-03-26 - Thursday. Got some rare cough with phlegm. By now I would consider that I'm about 90% recovered. I guess couple of days and I'll be fully recovered.

• Cheerful x 3
  • Informative x 1

#9 sciack

• 29 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:47 AM

Just an update.

2020-03-24 - Tuesday. By the end of the day started feeling a bit worse, coughing a lot, went to sleep and couldn't. Had to take a cough syrup, in about an hour have been able to go back to sleep. Apart of my regular supplements stack I also took curcumin powder with quercetin, and some drops of Oreganol P73.

2020-03-25 - Wednesday. Woke up fine, no cough, but then it started again, gradually during the day the cough got transformed from a dry one to having some phlegm. Then by the end of the day it was gone. Went to sleep and did not need any cough syrup at the end. 

2020-03-26 - Thursday. Got some rare cough with phlegm. By now I would consider that I'm about 90% recovered. I guess couple of days and I'll be fully recovered.

Happy to hear that! Fuck the virus

• Agree x 1

#10 sciack

• 29 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 09:23 PM

Updates? How are you doing ?

#11 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:51 AM

I’ve been off work since Monday this week, I caught something, whether it be the flu, Chinese virus or a cold.

First was a continuous cough from Sunday-Tuesday. Cough much less now.

Been getting dull headaches, and a few quick sharp headaches at the base of my head/top part of the neck.

Low energy, will sit in one spot for hours, this was worst on Tuesday, I cba to move. 

Feel a bit tingly and shivery at times.

Temp under tongue was 37.6 on Tuesday, but before then with the first symptoms it was under 37, and today it is 37. So even though I have been suffering from other symptoms, temperature doesn’t seem to be a great indicator for me. I do wonder how much of my temperature is offset by all the supplements I’m taking.

Sense of smell and taste are gone. Tbh I lost part of these (to what degree I’m not sure) when I megadosed a zinc and copper supplement last year when I felt a previous cold coming up. Before I started supplementing higher doses (but not ridiculous doses) of zinc this time (different supplements without copper [zma]), my sense of smell was already going, because my wife was asking me to smell these new flowers she bought, lavender and something else and I couldn’t smell them.

I find it hard to tell when my smell and taste have gone, I’m not really that observant.

But I now known 100% my taste has been effected now, because 30 minutes ago I ate a pepperoni pizza with Tabasco sauce, and however much Tabasco sauce I put on I couldn’t taste it and it wasn’t hot! Absolutely insane. 

Okay I just did a quick experiment, I put Tabasco sauce on a plate and licked it. 0 sensation on my tongue, can only taste the vinegar? The only spice I feel is at the top of my throat. Regardless I’m not gasping right now or needing to drink milk to cool my mouth down, just a little water for the top of my throat.

Last thing is appetite. My appetite has been crushed. As in I don’t feel hungry at the moment, and that pizza was more of a logically choice that I should eat something as I ate so little yesterday, and not because I was hungry. I may have the ever so slightest hunger pangs if anything, but not enough to compel me to eat especially with the cba to move love energy.

Very last thing. A week prior to these symptoms, I was texting my friend about how out of control my appetite has been lately, like it couldn’t be satisfied, and I was overeating for no reason. So a week prior my appetite was ravenous, and this week it’s crushed.

Oh and very last thing to cancel out all variables. I started taking a turmeric supplement along with my usual stack since Monday. If that explains anything here.

Edited by Jesus is King, 02 April 2020 - 11:55 AM.

• Ill informed x 1

#12 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:49 PM

I’ve been off work since Monday this week, I caught something, whether it be the flu, Chinese virus or a cold.

First was a continuous cough from Sunday-Tuesday. Cough much less now.

Been getting dull headaches, and a few quick sharp headaches at the base of my head/top part of the neck.

Low energy, will sit in one spot for hours, this was worst on Tuesday, I cba to move. 

Feel a bit tingly and shivery at times.

Temp under tongue was 37.6 on Tuesday, but before then with the first symptoms it was under 37, and today it is 37. So even though I have been suffering from other symptoms, temperature doesn’t seem to be a great indicator for me. I do wonder how much of my temperature is offset by all the supplements I’m taking.

Sense of smell and taste are gone. Tbh I lost part of these (to what degree I’m not sure) when I megadosed a zinc and copper supplement last year when I felt a previous cold coming up. Before I started supplementing higher doses (but not ridiculous doses) of zinc this time (different supplements without copper [zma]), my sense of smell was already going, because my wife was asking me to smell these new flowers she bought, lavender and something else and I couldn’t smell them.

I find it hard to tell when my smell and taste have gone, I’m not really that observant.

But I now known 100% my taste has been effected now, because 30 minutes ago I ate a pepperoni pizza with Tabasco sauce, and however much Tabasco sauce I put on I couldn’t taste it and it wasn’t hot! Absolutely insane. 

Okay I just did a quick experiment, I put Tabasco sauce on a plate and licked it. 0 sensation on my tongue, can only taste the vinegar? The only spice I feel is at the top of my throat. Regardless I’m not gasping right now or needing to drink milk to cool my mouth down, just a little water for the top of my throat.

Last thing is appetite. My appetite has been crushed. As in I don’t feel hungry at the moment, and that pizza was more of a logically choice that I should eat something as I ate so little yesterday, and not because I was hungry. I may have the ever so slightest hunger pangs if anything, but not enough to compel me to eat especially with the cba to move love energy.

Very last thing. A week prior to these symptoms, I was texting my friend about how out of control my appetite has been lately, like it couldn’t be satisfied, and I was overeating for no reason. So a week prior my appetite was ravenous, and this week it’s crushed.

Oh and very last thing to cancel out all variables. I started taking a turmeric supplement along with my usual stack since Monday. If that explains anything here.

Have you been taking any drugs like meth or lsd for the past couple of days? also do you know what a placebo is?

Edited by kurdishfella, 02 April 2020 - 01:02 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#13 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:40 PM

Well it’s a very strange and strong placebo effect.

I just recorded myself putting Tabasco sauce in a glass and drinking it straight and sent it to my friends.

I’ve started pinching myself all around my body, when I read not being able to taste spice is nothing to do with the taste sense but the touch sense. It seems like my sense of pain has been dulled. And come to think about it, my stomach doesn’t feel in pain or upset after all that Tabasco sauce I've ingested.

Am I losing my sense of pain?

in other words I have a strong analgesic effect in my body atm. Whether that’s from the 2 night nurse I took last night (normal dose), this thing I’m suffering with, or because I’ve added turmeric to my supplements, I cannot tell.

i did read some turmeric supplements were mixed with lead, I hope this is not the case for mine.

also can placebo effects raise your temperature?

edit: it seems like lead poisoning can cause numbness, headaches, and loss off appetite. I’m going to stop taking this turmeric supplement for the time being just in case it is a dodgy one mixed with lead from Bangladesh, and I’ll try it again in the future when I’m over this current thing I’ve got.

Edited by Jesus is King, 02 April 2020 - 01:53 PM.

#14 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:13 PM

Okay last update today. Definitely a loss of pain and temperature, not completely, but to a high degree. Not sure why, not sure if it’s the turmeric or cold/flu I’m suffering with, but it’s definitely there.

Edited by Jesus is King, 02 April 2020 - 02:19 PM.

#15 jcxz

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:26 PM

Update on my progress. Since the last post I have been getting better, tiredness and pain is completely gone, the head is clear. The only symptom that have remained is a cough that got really bad on the weekend, but it is slowly going away, it looks like a post viral cough (with a lots of phlegm).

Looking back, this time is definitely one of the worst infections that I ever had, never felt anything like it, just glad it was short and hope not to get reinfected.

• Informative x 2

#16 thompson92

• Registrant
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:40 PM

Update on my progress. Since the last post I have been getting better, tiredness and pain is completely gone, the head is clear. The only symptom that have remained is a cough that got really bad on the weekend, but it is slowly going away, it looks like a post viral cough (with a lots of phlegm).

Looking back, this time is definitely one of the worst infections that I ever had, never felt anything like it, just glad it was short and hope not to get reinfected.

Thanks for following up.  Couple questions:

1.  Were you able to eat food during your worst days?

2.  How many 'really bad days' would say there were?  It seems like about 3 days based on your comments.

3.  Were you able to sleep? If so, how much did you sleep each day?

#17 jcxz

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:23 AM

Thanks for following up.  Couple questions:

1.  Were you able to eat food during your worst days?

2.  How many 'really bad days' would say there were?  It seems like about 3 days based on your comments.

3.  Were you able to sleep? If so, how much did you sleep each day?

1. During the worst days I ate normally, but to my surprise the food had irritated the stomach, got a gastritis pains and for the next days was able to eat only a plain food - rice, some beans and minimum fat chicken. It was a fatty food that caused the trouble, but I'm used to get my calories from fats rather than carbs.

2. The first couple of days was fine, the third was quiet bad, the fourth - the worst day, the next one almost as bad, but a bit better after that started to get better. So yes, that was 3 really bad days.

3. I generally have a poor sleep, so I had the same poor sleep during the the acute days, except for the night when I had a fever, was waking up often and the sleep was shallow and with a feverish dreams.

Strangely enough I still can't shake this damn cold, the cough is not severe anymore and quite controllable, but it is still present with some phlegm in the lungs, and this morning I had a throat pain that later in the day have disappeared. Very strange symptoms, its like it comes and go.

• Informative x 3

#18 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:20 AM

Hey jcxz,

I came here to write the same thing. It’s been 11 days since I first had symptoms (Sunday March 29th). And while 9 days ago (Tuesday March 31st) was my lowest energy day, I thought after then I was getting better. But I’ve now started to develop a tickling cough again, even though my initial continuous cough only lasted 2 days when my symptoms first showed up. Also headaches are coming back again. And so it’s like you said, it’s very hard to shake, the symptoms come and go.

My wife’s has had returning symptoms, mainly headaches. But since first getting her symptoms, she became extremely pale and her colour is yet to return.

The last thing is our cat has been sneezing since yesterday, and has been sneezing today and meowing all the time, especially when touched or picked up. This is the first time I’ve seen him sneeze more than a random once in a while.

Oh very last thing, neither of our sense of smell and taste has returned, 11 days for me, 6 days for her. The crazy thing about losing the taste/smell is it’s a complete loss, not even a partial ability to sense smell or taste like with a normal cold. 

I’m just hoping our bodies are actually able to beat this thing. Losing your total sense of smell and taste for 11 days, and headaches coming back again, aren’t a great sign of recovery.

Edited by Jesus is King, 09 April 2020 - 12:23 AM.

• Informative x 1

#19 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:10 AM

mmm... are you sure you didn't just get the hoaxavirus ?

• like x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#20 jcxz

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:10 PM

Hey jcxz,

Hope you get better soon. Do you take any supplements or meds?

By the way, I have discovered that I lost a sense of smell just a couple of days ago, when I suddenly have started to feel smells, I felt a smell of food from a far away, then other smells, it was sudden. I didn't have a complete loss, but a partial. Never lost the sense of taste.

Very interesting detail. I live with wife and a couple of kids (5 and 8 yo), my wife got it too, but in her case she got the infection in the throat, the acute phase was just like a regular cold and it passed quite fast and after that she felt lousy for about a month before recovering completely, it was a little by little slow recovery. My kids also got a throat infection, they also had an acute phase that was quite short - about a day, after that there was cough, we went to the doctor, the doctor took a swab for bacteria, but they didn't test them for the virus (The test was unavailable), the swab detected a coupe of different bacteria (I don't remember what was there, but nothing out of the ordinary), they got an antibiotic that we gave them, which was, well, ineffective, did not make any difference. The cough persisted for more than a month, lots and lots of phlegm in the older kid, the younger have recovered twice as fast, the older still get occasional light cough.

At my work I have in a close proximity 5 people, from which only one guy got the infection, he is about 45 yo, he got a lighter case than me. Another gentlemen is about 60 yo - did not get it, although he was quite close and had a couple of conversations with me while I presumably was most infectious.

• Informative x 1

#21 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:32 PM

Yeah I take supplements, have all my bases covered, and recently added garlic as well. As for smell, I couldn’t smell or feel smells, but this morning, I think I can feel smells ever so slightly. So it feels like I’ve regained a tiny bit of my sense of smell today, but it’s so small right now that I can’t tell whether it’s placebo or not.

It’s a weird infection, definitely something that will take some people longer to beat than others, and it seems like the symptoms are all over the place from person to person. 

Hope you and your family get a speedy recovery.

• like x 1

#22 marcopolo

• 128 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:33 PM

Hi, I am curious what happened with your cough and sense  of taste  and smell.  My whole family had this thing fairly early in the outbreak here on the West Coast of the United States. We were caught blindsided before we realized how much it had spread in the U.S. so we assumed it was still safe to travel by air, to meet and hug my parents goodbye as we dropped them off at the airport, before we even heard the term "social distancing"  etc. My parents gave it to me, my son and my wife. My dad had breathing difficulties and had to go to the hospital, my mom didn't require hospitalization but she totally lost her sense of taste and smell. My dad recovered but is still not 100% on his breathing. He is an otherwise healthy 80 year old who is out of breath more frequently than before. My poor mom still hasn't fully recovered her sense of smell and taste.

Both my wife and I had less severe symptoms and my 6 year old only had a cough I would have thought was just a little cold if not for what happened to the rest of my family. My symptoms sound very similar to the OP's- started as a cough, then about three days of low/moderate low grade fever and chills, then gradually getting better but the cough persisted and even got a little worse. In my case, after another week the cough very gradually got better but it took over a month to completely get rid of. Even last week when I felt tired it would come back a little bit but I think I finally beat this thing just in time for allergy season lol.

My wife had worse initial symptoms than I did- started with a slight sore throat but progressed to a severe headache, fever, chills, bodyaches(especially lower back pain for some reason) that kept her in bed for most of the week. After a few days she seemed to do better but then got worse again and it was like a roller coaster, but she finally shook it and her cough went away sooner than mine did. She also lost  her sense of taste and smell but gradually got it back. I don't recall if I lost my sense of smell but it was never that great to begin with anyway. I do sort of remember when my wife got takeout for me before she got sick herself and I thought it was really bland tasting, so maybe I did lose it. Anyway hopefully you have fully shaken the cough like I have, but just curious if your progression was similar.

• Informative x 1

#23 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:15 AM

My sense of taste and smell have come back, but happened very late, 29 days after getting that symptom. I was getting many sharp headaches yesterday, and was needing to blow my nose a lot yesterday (muscus was clear, felt like allergy type). Also sometimes I have a cough (like right now). However my energy levels are much better and my smell/taste have returned. So I feel mostly recovered at this point, with lingering symptoms.

Edited by Jesus is King, 30 April 2020 - 09:19 AM.

#24 jcxz

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:06 AM

My cough lasted for quite a bit, but it is gone by now, although I still do need to clear my throat from time to time. The sense of smell has returned, from time to time I felt like "hmm, something smells stronger than ususal", but now it is just nornal.

Another thing happened, an ex husband of my aunt has died allegedly from the coronavirus... Happened yesterday, turns out he got infected about a week ago from a person that had a contact with a covid patient, next day he got a fever and went to the hospital, yesterday in the morning he called my aunt to say goodbye, he was gone by the end of the day... That is how I've heard it from my father.. All that sounds really strange, the progression is too fast... I'm pretty sure there was some comorbidity, but to die in about a week, that is hard to believe... I'm shocked.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus, experience, supplements

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users