Photo

Suffered another myocardial infarction

clogged arteries

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 FrankEd

• 148 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 06:47 PM

I´m 70 years old and suffered my second myocardial infarction in 12 years. My coronary arteries are almost competely clogged, I´m still alive thanks to 2 angioplasties.

Talked to my doc and he said it´s impossible to unclog blocked coronary arteries. I used in the past K2-MK 7, but found conflicting papers about it.

So I´m asking for some kind of help. Actually, is there something I can try to unclogg my blocked arteries? My diet is most vegan, no sugar, no gluten, no dairy products. Trying to keep my stress at bay. A doctor told me to try Pycnogenol, but I didn´t find strong references about it.

#2 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:04 PM

what's about DIOSMINE?
with unique MOA, prolongs the vasoconstrictor effect of norepinephrine
she are widely used for Arterial problems in hemorrhoids.
i wouldn't recommend to take it without asking your doctors, because i don't know shit in this failed, but i have tried it before (hm hmm..) and she working perfectly

Edited by ibtisam_midlet, 02 April 2020 - 07:28 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sciack

• 29 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:46 PM

what's about DIOSMINE?
with unique MOA, prolongs the vasoconstrictor effect of norepinephrine
she are widely used for Arterial problems in hemorrhoids.
i wouldn't recommend to take it without asking your doctors, because i don't know shit in this failed, but i have tried it before (hm hmm..) and she working perfectly

Exactly the opposite of what he needs... he does not need to further constrict his coronary. I am sorry I can’t help, but I’m sure someone else has some good ideas...

• Agree x 1

#4 adamh

• 1,032 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:30 PM

Try taking some enzymes, I suggest serrapeptase. Another good one is natokinase. You take them 2 hours after eating with only water then wait another hour before eating. They dissolve cholesterol and serrapeptase also dissolves fibrin which is found in arterial walls holding together the cholesterol, dead cells etc which form plaque. I take them twice a day to keep my arteries clean

• Good Point x 1

#5 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2020 - 12:34 AM

Hi there, I don't know what other longecity members would think about this but having read through a lot after a relative's MI, I found Dr Caldwell Esselstyn was the only doctor that sounded convincing and who had reversed arterial blockages with diet, shown on angiograms.  Do your own research of course but I thought I'd flag it up.  I think he would ask if you are using oil at all.  I see you mention no sugar, but what about fats and oils?  This would be one area he would examine I think.  This is not your fault at all.  I know the 'fat is good' perspectives, but I think it's worth looking at his approach as it may be different when working to reverse arterial blockages.  There's a great talk he's done, if I can find it I'll post it here.  All the best going forward.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#6 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:36 AM

I don't know how to unblock arteries, but consider the following:

• Low dose Fluvastatin-10mg with Valsartan-20mg for 30 days (prescriptions required) can significantly rejuvnate arteries. REF The researchers thought a large increase in telomerase in the arteries may have caused the rejuvenation.
  • It may be that a similar effect can be had combining non-prescription Pycnogenol and Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)  An MD I respect immensely said that this combo prevents atherosclerosis. Gotu Kola raises telomerase better than anything else!  REF  Pycnogenol is known for reducing inflammation REF These might increase teleomerase and reduce inflammation in arteries even better than Fluvastatin and Valsartan.

• Fasting for 2 days can lower monocyte count. Elevated monocytes are a source of inflammation that's undesirable unless you have and infection. Don't fast with an infection.

Edited by RWhigham, 04 April 2020 - 02:37 AM.

• Informative x 5
  • like x 1

#7 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 01:16 PM

Published online 2013 Nov 27. doi: 10.1016/j.jcmg.2013.10.006
PMCID: PMC3957229
NIHMSID: NIHMS540055
PMID: 24290571
Magnesium Intake Is Inversely Associated With Coronary Artery Calcification  
The Framingham Heart Study

Abstract OBJECTIVES  

The aim of this study was to examine whether magnesium intake is associated with coronary artery calcification (CAC) and abdominal aortic calcification (AAC).

BACKGROUND  

Animal and cell studies suggest that magnesium may prevent calcification within atherosclerotic plaques underlying cardiovascular disease. Little is known about the association of magnesium intake and atherosclerotic calcification in humans.

METHODS  

We examined cross-sectional associations of self-reported total (dietary and supplemental) magnesium intake estimated by food frequency questionnaire with CAC and AAC in participants of the Framingham Heart Study who were free of cardiovascular disease and underwent Multi-Detector Computed Tomography (MDCT) of the heart and abdomen (n = 2,695; age: 53 ± 11 years), using multivariate-adjusted Tobit regression. CAC and AAC were quantified using modified Agatston scores (AS). Models were adjusted for age, sex, body mass index, smoking status, systolic blood pressure, fasting insulin, total-to-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ratio, use of hormone replacement therapy (women only), menopausal status (women only), treatment for hyperlipidemia, hypertension, cardiovascular disease prevention, or diabetes, as well as self-reported intake of calcium, vitamins D and K, saturated fat, fiber, alcohol, and energy. Secondary analyses included logistic regressions of CAC and AAC outcomes as cut-points (AS >0 and AS ≥90th percentile for age and sex), as well as sex-stratified analyses.

RESULTS  

In fully adjusted models, a 50-mg/day increment in self-reported total magnesium intake was associated with 22% lower CAC (p < 0.001) and 12% lower AAC (p = 0.07). Consistent with these observations, the odds of having any CAC were 58% lower (p trend: <0.001) and any AAC were 34% lower (p trend: 0.01), in those with the highest compared to those with the lowest magnesium intake. Stronger inverse associations were observed in women than in men.

CONCLUSIONS  

In community-dwelling participants free of cardiovascular disease, self-reported magnesium intake was inversely associated with arterial calcification, which may play a contributing role in magnesium's protective associations in stroke and fatal coronary heart disease.

High Mg diet and/or mg supplementation for starters 

Great info here 

http://www.whfoods.c...utrient&dbid=75

Edited by Phoebus, 04 April 2020 - 01:19 PM.

• like x 2

#8 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 01:25 PM

Vitamin K2 and Heart Health

Another VKDP, Matrix Gla protein (MGP), plays a crucial role in the negative regulation of vascular calcification — a known contributor to atherosclerosis.

Citing the Rotterdam study, in which 4,809 Dutch men and women were evaluated for risk of coronary heart disease, Friedman finds that individuals consuming a diet high in Vitamin K2 suffered significantly fewer fatal heart attacks, and experienced a lower risk for both aortic calcification and all-cause mortality. Additional studies show slowed progression of coronary calcification and decreased arterial stiffness in subjects taking Vitamin K2. (In these and other observational studies, K1 intake did not confer the same benefits.) Interestingly, the MK-7 to MK-9 forms of K2 proved most effective, while MK-4 did not impact outcomes.

https://restorativem...-building-bone/

#9 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 01:28 PM

J Am Soc Hypertens. 2017 Sep;11(9):589-597. doi: 10.1016/j.jash.2017.07.001. Epub 2017 Jul 13.

Vitamin K2 supplementation and arterial stiffness among renal transplant recipients-a single-arm, single-center clinical trial.

Abstract

Subclinical vitamin K deficiency is prevalent among renal transplant recipients and is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. However, the association between vitamin K supplementation and improvement of arterial stiffness has not been explored in the renal transplant population. The KING trial (vitamin K2 In reNal Graft) is a single-arm study that evaluated the association between the change in vitamin K status and indices of arterial stiffness following 8 weeks of menaquinone-7 (vitamin K2) supplementation (360 μg once daily) among renal transplant recipients (n = 60). Arterial stiffness was measured using carotid-femoral pulse wave velocity (cfPWV). Subclinical vitamin K deficiency was defined as plasma concentration of dephosphorylated-uncarboxylated matrix Gla protein (dp-ucMGP) >500 pmol/L.At baseline, 53.3% of the study subjects had subclinical vitamin K deficiency. Supplementation was associated with a 14.2% reduction in mean cfPWV at 8 weeks (cfPWV pre-vitamin K2 = 9.8 ± 2.2 m/s vs. cfPWV post-vitamin K2 = 8.4 ± 1.5 m/s; P < .001). Mean dp-ucMGP concentrations were also significantly reduced by 55.1% following menaquinone-7 supplementation with a reduction in the prevalence of subclinical deficiency by 40% (P = .001). When controlled for age, durations of hemodialysis and transplantation, and the change in 24-hour mean arterial pressure, the improvement in arterial stiffness was independently associated with the reduction in dp-ucMGP concentration (P = .014).

Among renal transplant recipients with stable graft function, vitamin K2 supplementation was associated with improvement in subclinical vitamin K deficiency and arterial stiffness. (Clinicaltrials.gov: NCT02517580).

that is in regards to renal arteries, but probably also applies to coronary arteries

BTW this study used 360 mcg/day vitamin K2 per day. Most K2 supps are 100mcg capsules, so this would be almost 4 caps/day which is much more than what most people take. 

Edited by Phoebus, 04 April 2020 - 01:38 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#10 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:38 PM

I would care to ask the OP the complete constitution of his diet. And how long he has been partaking of said diet. For starters. 

• Agree x 2

#11 FrankEd

• Topic Starter
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 08:28 PM

My cardiologist put me on Baby Aspirin, Clopidogrel 75mg and Atorvastatin. Do I have a natural and safe alternative to clopidogrel and atorvastatin? I have only one workling kidney and I´m looking for something that can´t burden it

#12 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:32 AM

Do I have a natural and safe alternative to clopidogrel and atorvastatin?

Red yeast rice has naturally occurring statin.

#13 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2020 - 04:49 PM

You might like to listen to Patrick Theut on Youtube. "Reversing Your CAC score and Heart Disease"

#14 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:47 PM

Here's the video of a talk by Dr Esselstyn.  I'd be interested in member's thoughts here too.  https://www.happycow...-2014-for-1874/

• like x 1

#15 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 01:09 AM

Estrogen is very good at unclogging arteries for many reasons. I use it in my father and it's fantastic... Consider using an estrogen patch 50mcg or 100mcg. Takes a few weeks...
Has many other great benefits too

• Needs references x 6

#16 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:19 AM

Estrogen is very good at unclogging arteries for many reasons. I use it in my father and it's fantastic... Consider using an estrogen patch 50mcg or 100mcg. Takes a few weeks...
Has many other great benefits too

If estrogen is effective then why do men with low T have heart issues?

#17 joesixpack

• 466 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:25 AM

HI, I think your doc is right. From what I have seen with friends with the this issue, skip the stents, go right to coronary bypass surgery.

#18 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:06 PM

If estrogen is effective then why do men with low T have heart issues?

Because T is the source of estrogen in men? ;)

Testosterone injections are also good for older men but estrogen is best because it has such a wide range of positive effects in older people, strengthening bones, better skin, better heart, immune system, protects the brain, and many more things.

#19 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:08 PM

Please OP for your own sake do not get surgery or stents, they are irreversible and dangerous.

Arteries can become unclogged from cholesterol plaque easily, there are many ways to do it: hormones can work, various supplements including vitamins, amino acids (Linus Pauling Therapy) can work.

My father used to have a blood pressure 190 systolic, now it's normalized at 120 due to among other things estrogen patches.

• Needs references x 1

#20 Hip

• 2,389 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:12 PM

Heart attack may occur when a bit of plaque comes loose, and forms a blood clot, blocking an artery to the heart. To help prevent that, these supplements may help:

CLOT BUSTERS (THROMBOLYTIC SUPPLEMENTS): 

Rutin 500 mg — helps prevent blood clots form forming (rutin comes from apples). "Rutin proved to be the most potently anti-thrombotic compound that we ever tested in this [mouse] model". Ref: 1 Rutin is a protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) inhibitor, and thereby inhibits blood clots.

Bromelain 2400 GDU — helps dissolve blood clots (enables the body to produce plasmin, which helps to clear away the fibrin that holds blood clots together).

UNCLOGGING ARTERIES (PREVENTING FURTHER PLAQUE BUILD-UP): 

Pomegranate juice — reduces plaque in arteries by 30% after one year of daily drinking. Ref: 1
GliSODin 300 mg — an antioxidant which reverses build up of plaque (comes from melons).
Grape seed extract 400 mg — reduces build up of plaque in the blood vessels.
Q10 200 mg — reduces build up of plaque in the blood vessels. 

• Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#21 jakeb

• 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:20 PM

Has anyone here had success with natokinase? I've heard positive things in general but haven't seen first-hand reports.
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#22 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:16 AM

Heart attack may occur when a bit of plaque comes loose, and forms a blood clot, blocking an artery to the heart. To help prevent that, these supplements may help:

CLOT BUSTERS (THROMBOLYTIC SUPPLEMENTS):

Rutin 500 mg — helps prevent blood clots form forming (rutin comes from apples). "Rutin proved to be the most potently anti-thrombotic compound that we ever tested in this [mouse] model". Ref: 1 Rutin is a protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) inhibitor, and thereby inhibits blood clots.

Bromelain 2400 GDU — helps dissolve blood clots (enables the body to produce plasmin, which helps to clear away the fibrin that holds blood clots together).

Pomegranate juice — reduces plaque in arteries by 30% after one year of daily drinking. Ref: 1
GliSODin 300 mg — an antioxidant which reverses build up of plaque (comes from melons).

What dose of pomegranate? Studies?
  • like x 1

#23 Hip

• 2,389 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:29 AM

What dose of pomegranate? Studies?

The pomegranate reference was given above. The study is here.

• like x 1

#24 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:52 PM

The pomegranate reference was given above. The study is here.

Thanks for this.

I avoid fruit juice due to the sugar content, but this is interesting.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#25 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:55 PM

Do we know of any research into Q10 and arterial health?  

I take 100 mg daily, and feel such a benefit in energy, etc, that I've never felt the need to take 200 mg.  I've always thought it might be over the top, but wondering whether I should now be doing it.

Edited by Rosanna, 07 June 2020 - 06:08 PM.

#26 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

You might like to listen to Patrick Theut on Youtube. "Reversing Your CAC score and Heart Disease"

Fascinating man, it'll take me a while to read and absorb everything.  I'm initially a bit concerned that he's leaning towards keto (no way did our ancestors eat rich and fatty foods it just wouldn't have been available as it is now, IMO) and also that I don't see anywhere evidence of his own arterial plaque reversal.  Thinking that should be something he could easily show after getting his results from his doctors?

The only evidence of arterial plaque reversal I've seen is that presented by Dr Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr Dean Ornish, both taking the opposite to keto view, that of low fat vegan.  They have shown the results of their patients with angiograms.  I don't see anywhere that Patrick Theut has done this, but I'm not knocking him, he's clearly done a LOT of research and seems a nice guy.  I still wonder why he's hard to find online though, his website is kvitamins.com, kind of obscure.  How would anyone looking for heart disease reversal find this without being in the know?  A focus on K Vitamins, seems to be off topic....?  Also salesy....  I wonder where his book is, although again I'm happy to read everything that is out there on this website and listen on you tube, but those are my initial thoughts.  He seems like a very nice guy though and speaks in depth about heart disease.....but keto?  No evidence of plaque reversal?  

Or am I missing large amounts of info here?  Would appreciate any other references about him if there are any.  That he's alive all this time after being told he had 4 years, it's not enough evidence to me because atherosclerosis is ubiquitous and may remain stable for decades even if quite advanced.

Edited by Rosanna, 07 June 2020 - 07:19 PM.

#27 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:33 PM

Do we know of any research into Q10 and arterial health?  

I take 100 mg daily, and feel such a benefit in energy, etc, that I've never felt the need to take 200 mg.  I've always thought it might be over the top, but wondering whether I should now be doing it.

At 50 your body's ability to utilize Ubiquinone (typical form of CoQ10) is diminished so either increase the dose to 200 mg/d or switch to the more expensive but more bioavailable Ubiquinol form.

Upping the dose is cheaper.

• Needs references x 1

#28 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:19 PM

At 50 your body's ability to utilize Ubiquinone (typical form of CoQ10) is diminished so either increase the dose to 200 mg/d or switch to the more expensive but more bioavailable Ubiquinol form.

Upping the dose is cheaper.

Thanks, yes I've read this.  Strangely enough I feel better on the Ubiquinone form.  I posted about this once because it doesn't make any sense, but I haven't felt much benefit on Ubiquinol, and I'm prepared to pay for it.  The benefit is felt from the Ubiquinone I've always bought and I feel no greater benefit once I've got to 100 mg / d.  Hence wondering whether I should still take 200 mg / d.  

Thanks for pointing that out though.  I'll revisit Ubiquinol again at some point and see if there's a greater benefit, but at the moment I don't notice anything, only increased energy on the Ubiquinone version.  

#29 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:01 PM

Has anyone here had success with natokinase? I've heard positive things in general but haven't seen first-hand reports.

I have been communicating with LP (a) patients and some of them swear by a combination of Nattokinase and Numbrokinase. 

Supposedly the first one in the day time and the second one in the evening, they say, works better than Aspirin. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:03 PM

Some of the above comes as guidance from their cardiologists, which they swear are a bit left field on cardiology. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users