Age REDUCTION breakthrough?

age reduction anti-aging blood

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ current fundraiser: B.A.S.E Victor @ OpenCures

#1 smithx

• 1,199 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:05 AM

I believe major rejuvenation has been achieved in a mammal, using a relatively benign intervention that shows promise of scaling up to humans. I’m going to stake my reputation on it.

https://joshmitteldo...n-breakthrough/

Some secret combination of factors found in young blood. We've discussed some such factors before in this forum. Thoughts?

Results look great, but without disclosure of what exactly the fraction is, there's no way for anyone to replicate.

Reversing age: dual species measurement of epigenetic age with a single clock

... Crucially, plasma treatment of the old rats [109 weeks] reduced the epigenetic ages of blood, liver and heart by a very large and significant margin, to levels that are comparable with the young rats [30 weeks]….According to the final version of the epigenetic clocks, the average rejuvenation across four tissues was 54.2%. In other words, the treatment more than halved the epigenetic age.

https://www.biorxiv....2917v1.full.pdf

#2 Harkijn

• 697 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:22 AM

Yes, we have something very important here, but we don't yet know what it is :-D .

Perhaps more readers will dive into Josh Mitteldorf's blog and (importantly) its comment section, if I add that dr. Katcher eyes a supplementation consisting of four injections only. He thinks the relevant molecules can relatively easily be synthesized so this may even be an affordable approach.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 orion22

• 154 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:57 AM

"breakthrough"=scam
  • Disagree x 4
  • unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1

⌛⇒ current fundraiser: B.A.S.E Victor @ OpenCures

#4 albedo

• 1,514 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:10 AM

Started new thread also here, just in case, maybe not in the right topic area?

https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=891854

#5 Harkijn

• 697 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:41 PM

@ Albedo, I think your thread and this one will go very well together. I hope that the readers whose initial interest is in  a possible near-term rejuvenation supp  will also want to take a look at a discussion of the wider ranging outcomes and implications of this publication. And yes. it all needs to be confirmed......

• Agree x 1

#6 MikeDC

• 1,426 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:21 PM

Without another research group confirming this, I would regard this as a scam.
  • Ill informed x 3
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 p75213

• 41 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:07 PM

If it's good enough for David Sinclair it's good enough for me.

https://mobile.twitt...912928695857152

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Mind

• Life Member, Moderator, Secretary
  • 16,846 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

The formula is not being released yet. That does not automatically mean it is a scam. If they are trying to build a company and a fortune based upon this formulation, then they need to keep it secret at this point.

• Agree x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: age reduction, anti-aging, blood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users