• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Do you think you could absorb NAD+ via an IM injection?

nad injection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:14 PM

First off I have no plans on doing this, just wondering. 

NAD+ has terrible absorption via the stomach, but what do you think about an IM injection? Doing an at home IV is basically impossible, but at home IM injections are easy and straightforward. 

Would the NAD+ go systemic and get absorbed into the bloodstream? I mean why wouldn't it? 

#2 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:23 PM

Dr Sinclair mentioned in a podcast about 6 months ago that he tried a NAD+ IM injection.  I believe it was in the thigh.  So it is a "thing", but I've never seen it advertised or mentioned anywhere else, so no idea how it compares to IV.  

I've been wondering about that myself, as it seems much easier to have done.

It was somewhere in LA area he had it done.  Hopefully someone here knows more about it.

Edited by able, 26 June 2020 - 04:25 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#3 Phoebus

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:01 PM

Some thing else that came to mind 

What about nebulizing NAD+? Like if you had COPD or Covid, you could nebulize it direct to the lungs and perhaps that would speed the healing process? 

NAD+-Consuming Enzymes in the Regulation of Lung Immune Responses

Agnieszka Legutko* , Pierre Lekeux and Fabrice Bureau Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, GIGA-Research, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liège, Avenue de l’Hôpital 1, 4000 Liège, Belgium

Abstract:

Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) plays a role as a coenzyme in numerous oxidation-reduction reactions and mediates not only energy metabolism and mitochondrial functions, but also calcium homeostasis, aging, and cell death. Moreover, extensive evidence attests to the great importance of the non-redox functions of NAD+ via NAD+- consuming enzymes. Indeed, ADP-ribose transferases, cADP-ribose synthases and sirtuins emerge as NAD+ dependent enzymes with potent regulatory function in many physiological and pathophysiological processes. They have been shown to be involved in several neurological and cardiovascular disorders as well as in cancer and inflammation. In this review we will summarize the current knowledge about function of NAD+-consuming enzymes in the regulation of the immune system with particular emphasis on lung inflammatory disorders.

Edited by Phoebus, 29 June 2020 - 07:04 PM.

#4 Biotochandron

• Registrant
  • 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:38 AM

I think it will work IM, though it may be painful.

I did 2x 300mg NAD+ subq. and had the common feelings like tightness of chest etc. you have with IV.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users