• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Update on the Pomeranians using Rapamycin featured on CNN in 2016.

rapamycin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:54 AM

I did a check on how Momo and Sherman are doing today. Sherman passed away last month so he lived 19yr 5 months which is long for a Pom, especially one that had a stroke (15 yr) and acute pancreatitis (8 yr) prior to rapamycin treatment. Sherman was also suffering from obesity when adopted at middle age, another hurdle he had to overcome. He did a trip to France from California for a bus tour last year so assume he was in at least fair health.  The average Pom lives 12-16 years and the record is 21 years. Momo is still going strong at 18 yr 9 months. 

Overall a very impressive health/lifespan extension! 

https://www.cnn.com/...nger/index.html

If you look at the dogs pics they look remarkably well for their age. My 15 yr old Pom looked like hell his last year. 

https://www.facebook...aola.anderson.7

• like x 3

#2 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:57 PM

I've been thinking about giving rapa to my pooch. He is an 8 year old miniature Aussie/Poodle. In good health overall but slowing down a bit. Does anyone know the dosage of rapa for a small dog (11 pounds)? I take 1 mg of Rapa I got from India once per week and I don't know if it's placebo or they spike it with something but it makes me feel energized for several days after taking it. Would giving him 1/4 of the 1mg pill be safe? Could there be fillers used in the pills that would harm him?   

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 VP.

• Topic Starter
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 05:11 PM

I don't know the answer to that but you can maybe look at the dog aging project and maybe they have doses posted . It's an ongoing study. 

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapamycin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users