Photo

synergistic effects of curcumin and hypericin

antidepressiva

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Danniel

• 93 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 05:18 PM

tldr: by taking in the same time OTC supplemets containing curcumin and hypericin, I observed positive results an order of magnitude higher than what I expected

I am 51yo, male and suffered most of my life of depression. I used various medications with various results and all with multitudes of side effects. Since 5 years I faded out the medication and experimented with diverse remedies. I tried all from mediation, psilocybin,  THC, CBD, and many others. The only supplement which consistently helped was an extract of Saint John Wort (Johanniskraut, Hypericum Perforatum).

A few weeks ago was reading a paper I found in one of the rapamycin threads with the title: "Caloric Restriction Mimetics against Age-Associated Disease: Targets, Mechanisms, and Therapeutic Potential"

https://www.cell.com...4131(19)30018-X

That led me to ordering an extract of curcumin with black pepper and some ingwer. My hopes were that will not get worse and, maybe, will help me lose some weight (I plan on doing CR enhanced with CR mimetics)

Results:

Day: got beaming with youthful energy and optimism. Got out for some jogging. Played guitar. Reconnected and had great time with my teenage daughter. I begun dreaming about the future and making plans how to reach them and... I begun acting on those plans!

Nights: I fall asleep easily. This alone is surreal for me. I sleep all night, like a log. I dream extremely intense. I vaguely remember while waking up that I was feeling like after a very intense exam in college. This morning I woke up 2 minute before the alarm clock. Amazing!

In the past two weeks, I eliminated all other supplements excepting the 1.5mg hypericin (from the 500mg Hypericum Perforatum extract) and 500mgCurcumin (+20mg Pepper extract + 20mg Ingwer). The positive results not just persist but created a positive trend.

This is, obviously, my experience, n = 1. 

There are plenty of smart people here. I am looking forward to read your opinions.

PS. I don't know if it's relevant: I don't get high on smoking pot. Only if I eat ridiculous amounts of edibles do I get a mild effect like giggles and enhanced appetite.

Edited by eugenius, 19 October 2020 - 05:28 PM.

#2 Danniel

• Topic Starter
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:20 AM

I realized that senolytics is the wrong place to post this. Hope a moderator can delete this thread.

I reposted it in the right place, Brain Health.

https://www.longecit...-and-hypericin/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users