Is there any legitimacy to grounding?

health

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 07:04 PM

Saw this on reddit

This isn't placebo effect. This has been documented in many studies, some of which were using a placebo control groups where objective measurements were taken and earthing beat the placebo. The reason it works is that it enables electrons to flow into your body where they can recharge antioxidant molecules. Antioxidants are actually electron donors, so earthing allows them to recycle faster which helps to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.

#2 adamh

• 1,032 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:59 PM

Its an interesting theory and there are a few doctors who support it. Of course the same could be said for any number of quack devices and therapies. If the earth has a negative charge it must be in relation to something with a positive or less negative charge. When something is ionized, it gains a positive charge by losing electrons. Do we have a positive charge possibly from digestion etc? It certainly could be the case.

There are a few holes in the theory, they say walking on sand or concrete will do it. But sand is not conductive to any degree, concrete may be slightly conductive depending. They say leather shoes allow the charge to flow but leather is insulating and people wear socks. If we are talking about a high voltage low current like a static charge then it might be possible. Its easy enough to try I guess

I went outside and walked around barefoot for a few minutes. I felt better afterward, I guess that proves it, lol. Obvious placebo effect or just the fact its more pleasant out than in. I have no easy source of ground in the house so my experimenting will be limited. I could bring a wire in but I'd like to see a few reports from our members first before I bother with it. Walking outside is easy, its always nice at the beach so testing won't be unpleasant but you probably need a bunch of hours on it to do anything perhaps

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2020 - 02:00 AM

There is something to the electrical theory of aging. But there isn't enough literature and its in its infancy if even that.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:21 AM

Its an interesting theory and there are a few doctors who support it. Of course the same could be said for any number of quack devices and therapies. If the earth has a negative charge it must be in relation to something with a positive or less negative charge. When something is ionized, it gains a positive charge by losing electrons. Do we have a positive charge possibly from digestion etc? It certainly could be the case.

There are a few holes in the theory, they say walking on sand or concrete will do it. But sand is not conductive to any degree, concrete may be slightly conductive depending. They say leather shoes allow the charge to flow but leather is insulating and people wear socks. If we are talking about a high voltage low current like a static charge then it might be possible. Its easy enough to try I guess

I went outside and walked around barefoot for a few minutes. I felt better afterward, I guess that proves it, lol. Obvious placebo effect or just the fact its more pleasant out than in. I have no easy source of ground in the house so my experimenting will be limited. I could bring a wire in but I'd like to see a few reports from our members first before I bother with it. Walking outside is easy, its always nice at the beach so testing won't be unpleasant but you probably need a bunch of hours on it to do anything perhaps

They have mats you sleep on so that gives you a long length on them.

Amazon is full of good reviews of these products.

I mean if you can sleep on them and feel better, why not?

But I don't know if it's real or not.

www.reddit.com/r/earthing has information.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users