• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Got COVID -Can I use it to CLEAR SENESCENT CELLS?

senescence

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:12 AM

I have just been diagnosed with Covid-19. Symptoms not too bad; fever and fatigue for the most part.

Can this be an opportunity to accelerate the clearance of senescent cells? Cells will be experiencing an energy shortage and overall stress as a result. So maybe combined with fasting, can those cells be pushed over the edge and forced into apoptosis?

Furthermore, there was also some speculation that Covid will particularly attack senescent cells and use them as the most effective manufacturing sites for viral production. If true, this may be relevant.

You guys got any ideas? Senolytic drugs, fasting.... anything at all?

• Disagree x 2

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 January 2021 - 09:25 PM

Very dangerous. If you were to accelerate the apoptosis of infected cells, you might accelerate the infection.

#3 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 10:31 PM

Very dangerous. If you were to accelerate the apoptosis of infected cells, you might accelerate the infection.

Based on personal experience, I agree with Turnbuckle on this. What you propose to do is similar to the fission part of his fission/fusion protocol. I did this right after a business trip in late February and actually caught COVID-19 as a result.

#4 sub7

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:15 PM

OK

So I can avoid doing that, what would accelerate the apoptosis of infected cells?

#5 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:06 PM

OK

So I can avoid doing that, what would accelerate the apoptosis of infected cells?

I speculated months ago that mito fission would increase apoptosis, setting viral particles loose like dandelion seeds and overwhelming the immune system. On the other hand, mito fusion would tend to prevent or delay apoptosis, allowing the body time to build up immunity. See --

Can mito fusion stop Covid-19?

Edited by Turnbuckle, 04 January 2021 - 08:06 PM.

#6 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:48 AM

You can use  Azythromycin as it is been used both in COVID cases as well for purely senolytic purposes killing two birds with one stone.

#7 DJSwarm

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2021 - 03:44 AM

Covid often kills via cytokine storm towards the end of the initial infection (days 7 - 10). 

I don't think increasing any form of cell death would be wise as it would increase inflammatory factors in the blood.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: senescence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users