• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Use of melatonin for neuroprotection and testosterone reduction?

melatonin

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 05:52 PM

Melatonin is supposedly a powerful antioxidant and is neuroprotective against oxidative stress induced neurodegeneration. But how to supplement it for this exact purpose?

I am experiencing neurodegeneration.

I had bell's palsy in my teens, developed motor ticks I never had before, akathisia/restless leg syndrome, lost hearing on my left ear before puberty due to a firecraker.. and many more cases of neurodegeneration... I am looking for something neuroprotective and I've tried many antioxidants that don't work.

Melatonin inhibits LH and FSH and therefore reduces testosterone. I want to reduce libido and after anabolic steroid use my facial bones grew and now I want to reduce testosterone to prevent any further masculinization and bone growth. I have pseudoacromegaly (increased sensitivity to bone growth, post-igf1 mutations).

I know about anti-androgen medication and have used them but their side-effects are too severe.

• Disagree x 1

#2 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 01:38 PM

Melatonin inhibits LH and FSH and therefore reduces testosterone. I want to reduce libido and after anabolic steroid use my facial bones grew and now I want to reduce testosterone to prevent any further masculinization and bone growth. 

If you already quit Anabolic Steroids, how would your face continue to get masculinized? If anything, you'd now be less sensitive to androgens and your natural testosterone levels would not really impact you as much as they did before. On top, you may or may not have less serum testosterone now than you did prior to using anabolics -depending on various factors.

How much do you think you need to reduce your testosterone? Almost certainly melatonin is not what you are looking for. 
I really do not think that forcefully trying to reduce your testosterone is a good idea. But if you insist, just getting some progesterone or estrogen cream and rubbing a little on a daily basis may do the job. To fine tune the dose, however, you need several 
 blood tests

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:36 AM

I have pseudoacromegaly, I am more sensitive to bone growth than other people.

A 50-80% reduction should do it.

Alternatively reducing growth hormone/IGF-1 levels would be even better but this is even more difficult than reducing testosterone. Keto diet would be my best bet but I can't tolerate it.

#4 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:42 PM

I have pseudoacromegaly, I am more sensitive to bone growth than other people.

A 50-80% reduction should do it.

Alternatively reducing growth hormone/IGF-1 levels would be even better but this is even more difficult than reducing testosterone. Keto diet would be my best bet but I can't tolerate it.

how did you arrive at this figure?

#5 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:37 PM

Because my normal T level is 500-600ng/dl.

A level of 0-300ng/dl provides positive effects. Lower than 100ng/dl is best but increases risk of feminization.

Blood tests...

• Disagree x 1

#6 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:46 AM

Because my normal T level is 500-600ng/dl.

A level of 0-300ng/dl provides positive effects. Lower than 100ng/dl is best but increases risk of feminization.

Blood tests...

Oh, I didn't realize that there was such solid scientific research behind it. You got it then!

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:52 AM

Can you not read? I have overgrowth of my bones. Lowering testosterone helps me and through testing I've come to realize which levels benefit me the most in relation to my excessive bone growth.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: melatonin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users