• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Wobenzym might be dangerous. Pancreatin enzymes lowering endogenous productions - what tests to take?

pancreatic enzymes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 04:12 PM

Ok, there was another thread where someone posted a link to a study detailing that oral supplementation of pancreas enzymes lowers endogenous production.  Another user said when he stopped taking them he started having effects.

Here is the study:

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/12492454/

I emailed Mucos (company who makes Wobenzym in Germany) and they said supplementation does not lower endogenous production.  I sent them the study above.  The responded with this email and this study:

I understand your concerns but Wobenzym® is not intended for supplementation of (missing) pancreatic enzymes!

(Even if some users assume a positive effect here) 

The field of application of pancreatic enzymes for supplementation is fundamentally different from Wobenzym®.

To avoid influencing digestion, Wobenzym® is always taken independently of meals.

https://pubmed.ncbi....ih.gov/9629509/

I'm not sure that study negates the one I posted.

If someone were concerned about pancrease levels, what bloodtest would they get?

#2 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 03:16 AM

Those second study might suggest Wobenzym is safe, even though Wobenzym was not used; Panzytrat was used.  It seems the amounts of pancrease enzymes changed a lot in each group.  Starting from 100%, after 4 weeks of treatment it dropped to 92% in the non-placebo group, and then 88% 2 weeks after treatment.  But in the placebo group, it dropped to 82% after 4 weeks of treatment (wtf) and then went to 107% two weeks after.

The dose of Panzytrat was mentioned, but the units don't match Wobenzym.  So you can't necessarily easily compare.  I want evidence stating production of pancrease enzymes aren't going to be changed by supplementation.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users