• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Please help me decide supplement for lowering homocysteine, increasing methylation, while keeping LDL in check

homocysteine undermethylation methylation ldl

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kris111

• 31 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 12:20 AM

So I have been lurking for a while and based on my research I am in a bit of a bind as to what supplement I can take to address my combination of issues.

After doing several tests,

1. I am officially diagnosed with undermethylation and high body histamine. 

2. I have high homocysteine levels too

3. I have high LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol). 

4. I recurrently have suffered from kidney stones in the past. 

5. I have chronic fatigue syndrome (most likely from undermethylation), and joint inflammation with pain (most likely from high histamine, undermethylation and high inflammation in my body).

I read somewhere in the forums here and elsewhere that before I can increase my methylation, I need to bring down my homocysteine levels.  However I need to be careful about this.  Since some of the supplements that decrease homocysteine also increase LDL (TMG for example).

So how should I go about? 

This is what I was thinking:

Phase 1) Take B6 first (P5P form, which is more bioavailable and better suited to high histamine individuals).  = B6 is supposed to reduce homocysteine levels.

Phase 2) After homocysteine comes back in check, start Sam-E (SAMe) supplement along with L-5MTHF supplements to increase methylation.

Am I going in right direction?

What co factors should I take for each phase?

Edited by Krish, 20 April 2021 - 12:22 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: homocysteine, undermethylation, methylation, ldl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users