• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Looks like covid 19, with or without vaccination, shortens telomeres dramatically

coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:31 PM

https://www.medrxiv....4.23.21255973v1

not good if true....
  • Informative x 3

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:19 PM

YIKES!  I've actually noticed a few of the folks I regularly see while out & about appear to have aged 10 years since before the Winter surge.  Every few days I'll see someone down at the pub or the shops I frequent, & think "what the heck happened to him/her?"  Figured it might be COVID, but can't really ask.  

I remember Dr Seheult on MedCram saying COVID is a disease of runaway oxidative stress.  Yet another reason to go big with the antioxidants if you catch this plague.  

• Agree x 1

#3 Qowpel

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:40 PM

YIKES!  I've actually noticed a few of the folks I regularly see while out & about appear to have aged 10 years since before the Winter surge.  Every few days I'll see someone down at the pub or the shops I frequent, & think "what the heck happened to him/her?"  Figured it might be COVID, but can't really ask.  

I remember Dr Seheult on MedCram saying COVID is a disease of runaway oxidative stress.  Yet another reason to go big with the antioxidants if you catch this plague.  

It sure is hard to tell. I wonder if this pro aging effect you see on them could be due to the extreme stress of dealing with everything that comes with a pandemic. Idk. Did you get the vaccine?

• Disagree x 1

#4 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:50 PM

Yep.  Got the killer J&J jab April 6th (and lived to tell).  Don't know if stress could have aged those I've noticed this fast, as it was just between the holiday surge & March.  Some of them pretty shocking.  

• Agree x 1

#5 Qowpel

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 11:00 PM

I am confused by what you mean by the holiday surge? Also how old are the people you have noticed this in? Are you sure it is not placebo or you noticing it because you are looking for aging signs very hard ?

Yep.  Got the killer J&J jab April 6th (and lived to tell).  Don't know if stress could have aged those I've noticed this fast, as it was just between the holiday surge & March.  Some of them pretty shocking.  

In terms of aging, are did you choose J and J vaccine because of fears of particular pro aging effects from the other vaccines? Or, are all the vaccines free from being somehow pro aging, and you simply chose J&J?

#6 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 12:42 AM

Southern California had a huge surge in December, January & Feb.  More than double the March/April 2020 spike.  

I'm 64, & the folks I noticed where age appearance jumped were mostly over 50.  

Chose the J&J as the mRNA format seemed a bit spooky.  Everyone else in the world (China/Russia/EU-AstraZeneca) was going adenovirus vector.  Liked the one-and-done with the J&J also.  The two jab vaxes slam your immune system twice, & methinks result in increase in inflammation.  I had no side effects from the J&J jab at all.  

#7 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for posting this.

• Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users